“Second excellent stay in a Wingate.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Wollongong, Australia
“Second excellent stay in a Wingate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was our 2nd stay in a Wingate by Wyndham, having just come from a 3-night stay at their hotel in Nashville.

This hotel was similar, but slightly different in decor and furnishings. Great stay and friendly staff. We were very happy here and will stay here again if we ever get back to Chattanooga.

No outside pool, though. Staff told us that one was planned. There was a hot tub just next to the fitness centre near the elevator lobby.

The room was one of their standard two double bedded rooms. Very comfortable, immaculate and it looked like the fridge had never been used. Also a decent new LG flat screen TV with dozens of channels available.

Great choices for breakfast and we took advantage of their happy hour with free nibblies and drinks. All served by very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L&M_from_Oz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I booked a room through Priceline in February. When we arrived in July we were told our reservation was a smoking room and that a non-smoking room was not available. This is the first time in about 8 years of booking with Priceline that we have been placed in a smoking room. We could smell the smoke as soon as we left the elevator. My wife sprayed the room with disinfectant, but that didn't help much. Non-smokers in a smoking room makes for a miserable stay. There was a small spider in the sink. The room was not very clean. The toilet stopped up in the morning. It was fixed while we were gone during the day. They did have a good breakfast. We would not choose to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank rbonjour
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We usually stay at Hilton, however, the Hilton was booked, so we were referred to the Wingate. The gentleman at the desk upon arrival volunteered info on places for dinner, as well as gave us discount cards. We arrived just as their Happy Hour was ending, however, the lady hosting was kind enough to stay a little longer for us to have beverages and wings. It was great because to our surprise it was complimentary!. The room was spacious and comfortable, more so than I'm used to having. I would say a few things could be updated, but for the most part, very nice. Although after speaking with the lady serving the breakfast (which was excellent!) she mentioned they were planning renovations soon, so even better! For the first time, we are thankful our usual hotel was sold out! From beginning to end, everything was exceptional! Thank you Wingate! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank travelotts
hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in Chattanooga off I75 exit #5. My family and I had never stayed at this chain of hotels before and was uncetain of what to expect. Was just looking for good clean room with possible continental breakfast since this was a stop over hotel on our way back home from vacationing. I was pleasantly surprised when entering hotel. I was immediately greeted with excellent hospitallity by desk clerk. I do not remember her name , but this was July 8th, 2010 about 9:00 p.m. I had stopped at Tennessee welcome center and got a coupon book and found a coupon for this hotel @69.99 + tax. Clerk excepted coupon , some hotels advertise in these books to get you in hotel ,but do not honor once your there. Clerk advised me that they offered a breakfast bar with scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal hot/cold, breakfast breads/pastries, fruit, juices, coffee. Very good fresh breakfast. The hotel was very clean as well were the rooms. The clerk told me if I found anything unexceptable to let her know and she woud accomodate. I would definately recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
TN-SE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

My company has stayed with this property for about 3 years now. Each time I am in town I see the same faces greeting me, always pleasant and engaging. I usually dont leave reviews, but after seeing the one guy travelled using Hotwire, who stated the staff was untrained. I felt I needed to post. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. has the best beds as well, and the free hot breakfast is a plus,, but one thing I apprecaite the most is the happy hour. It is only 3 days a week, but the wings are great! Not to mention the Pizza on one of the nights in addition to a couple beers! I would recommend this hotel to for business or leisure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Chattanooga Tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

If You read the prior reveiw that man did not have anything good to say about any hotel. Maybe he needs to stay at home.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shortdrive
West Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

We have started staying here almost exclusively when we come into town for our softball tournements and we have never had a bad experience here. The rooms are always clean and in great shape, free internet, good hot breakfast, parking, in a greart area with everything to do and shop and eat at....easy access but sometimes tough to get out of....it is great. The beds are really comfortable...and if I had a complaint, it would be that the shower floor creaks and pops...oh well, I am 6'6" and over 300, maybe I just scare it!
We would highly reccommend this place and it is always our first choice when we are in Chattanooga. Could it be a little cheaper, sure, even if just by 10-15 bucks, but it is well worth it for my and my families piece of mind. I rely on TripAdvisor almose exclusively and if I trust the reviews of bad, I want to add one of good too. You will not be disappionted.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family