“trip to chattanooga downtown”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in the Residence Inn two times and the last time was great. I enjoy this hotel being right in the center of Downtown, had social dinner 3 nights we were there this is a added treat. Also Tony the front desk manager was so helpful. He went the extra mile to do some research for me on places I could volunteer while I stayed in the city...He also made sure that they put out the special chocolate mints that I love. The staff were all helpful and friendly. will stay again in hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor no walking on top of you....
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night--a family with one teenager and 4 adults. The suite had 2 bathrooms, one more or less "private" as it is connected to a bedroom and the other available for the main area and the other bedroom. It has a kitchen with all the necessary pots and pans, dishes, etc...all in good condition and clean. The suite itself was very clean and well taken care of. The price was reasonable for the middle of the week. Free breakfast--none of us had any problems with the breakfast. The location of the hotel is within short walking distance of the waterfront, restaurants, aquarium, and other attractions. Parking is free and "protected" in the sense that a gate is remotely operated if required. This is a place to consider if you are looking for decent bedding, reasonable price and "central" location to attractions--besides a good breakfast.

1  Thank keystoneTexas
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I stumbled on this hotel by mistake and on a last minute decision after a long working day. I was pleasantly surprised by the value of this hotel. You got a full suite with a full kitchen and living room all beautifully decorated. The suite I stayed in was clean and spacious. I would have given a 5 star rating except for the fact that the bed is not a king bed and you have to pay for parking.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

The location can't be beat- within a few blocks from lots of restaurants, the aquarium, IMAX, Children's Discovery Museum, and the riverfront! I originally booked the Marriott downtown, but the rate here dropped 3 days before our trip and it included hot breakfast and $2 cheaper parking. The room layout (studio) was wonderful and a great use of space. Small kitchen and living area, nice tv, and a restroom with separate sink area. The decor was stylish and the room very clean. The only negative was the very uncomfortable bed. The hot breakfast was very good- eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, bread selection, waffle maker, juices & coffee. The 2nd day they added biscuits and gravy. The staff were all extremely friendly, including the maid service. We were thrilled with our stay overall... and did I mention the location is excellent??!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here with 2 young kids and our dog for Labor Day weekend. Pros: The location was ideal for touring around and taking a nap break in the middle of the day. You can walk to anything downtown from here and even over the pedestrian bridge to the north shore. The free electric shuttle is a block away. Access to the aquarium and riverfront was key. The hotel was clean when we arrived and there were no issues with our dog. Cons: The beds are hard as a rock. Made for a few nights of rough sleeping. The area to walk your dog is rather small around the hotel (as expected being downtown), but was kept nice. The biggest issue we had was the breakfast. It was an overwhelming experience because the dining area is so small it could not accommodate all the guests. It was tough for the staff to keep up with the demand for plates/silverware and food. The food made due and the kids were happy enough, but it felt like it could have been better organized.
Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is good and it is a nice hotel, but I wish they would update the beds! I would probably stay elsewhere downtown next time.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly V
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I had always paid for the birthday party for our grand daughter. Much to our delight she indicated she didn't want a birthday party but instead wanted to go to a hotel. My son and daughter-in-law selected Chattanooga as a destination and Labor Day Weekend as the time. I got online and looked for a hotel which would accommodate 4 adults and two young children. I settled on the Marriot Residence Inn Chattanooga with past experiences with Residence Inn's always being positive.
This Residence Inn was no exception. We were warmly greeted on arrival and that was the beginning of a great 3 night stay. The two bedroom suite was perfect as it allowed the adults to each have their own bedroom and the children shared a very comfortable sleeper sofa in the great room. Having a full kitchen in the room really worked well for snacks for the children as we ate most meals outside the hotel except for the breakfast. The lobby breakfast was superb with eggs, sausage, potatotes, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, bagels, muffins, and a waffle maker (probably forgot something). All was fresh and continuously refreshed. Additionally there were coffee makers and a juice bar which was available 24 hours per day (this was difference as many hotels with juice machines run them only during breakfast hours). The indoor pool and hot tub were special treats after long days spent out sightseeing and at restaurants. Chattanooga itself had so many great things to do including but not limited to: Ruby Falls, the Rock Garden, the Duck Tour, the old rail road trains and one of the best aquariums I had ever visited.
The hotel was centrally located in the best part of Chattanooga with the Aquarium, the Duck tour and many restaurants within walking distance. Did I mention the tripple A minor league team's stadium was right behind the hotel less than a 100 yard walk. Each night we tried to be around to view the fireworks show following the ball game (Special days I am told but we hit it right and saw fireworks every night of our stay).
I really can not believe that any hotel could have better met our needs on this trip.

Room Tip: They are all good. If you want to see the fireworks ask for a room facing the ball field.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for an extended stay hotel to accommodate us for 6 nights in Chattanooga, TN. We definitely picked the right place to stay. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Every single staff member we had contact with was extremely polite and cordial. The hot breakfast bar was wonderful and the location was perfect. It was close (less than a 10 minute drive) to the hospital where we were making frequent visits. The Lookout's baseball park was right behind the hotel parking lot. The IMAX was a stone's throw away from the front entrance and the aquarium was pretty close as well. There were nice breweries and restaurants close by as well as a beautiful pedestrian bridge that took you to a really big carrousel for the kids. All in all, our stay couldn't have been any more perfect. This is the first time I had ever stayed at a Residence Inn and I was thoroughly impressed.