“FRUSTRATED”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We walked all over the city, came back to the hotel, donned our bathing suits to soak in the hot tub and found it out of order. When I aasked the Desk Clerk about it, he told us we could walk across the street to the Courtyard. (In our bathing suits?)
We came back to the room and I took a shower. The water wouldn't even get hot. It was barely warm. Give me a break!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank teresita123
tony c, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the spa being temporary out of service. Thank you for you feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Yes, it is a great location and that's why I rated it at 3. I waited a the gate so I could check in for about 5 mins; so I decided to go in do I could get through the gate to park. I waited another 15.5 mins for someone to come to the counter. The guy ahead of me said he had being waiting for awhile.

If I was meeting my son there with my grandson, I would have left like the guy ahead of me. One I finally get checked in, I found that they only had queen beds. Yes, I asked the young lady for another room and I was informed if I wanted king, I need to stay at the Courtyard. Another big disappointment but at least it was a great location. So guess where I will be staying next time?

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Anthony T
tony c, Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings on your recent stay with us. We strive for an excellent experience for every guest that walks into our doors. Unfortunately it seems that we may have missed the mark with you, and I appologize.

If your travels ever bring you back to our beautiful city, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me so I can assure we surpass all of your expectations next time.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were looking for a hotel that would be conveniently located to the Chattanooga Theater Center as well as to local restuarants and other downtown attractions. We found so much more at this hotel. Tony was so helpful with our reservations. Our Suite was fabulous! It was so clean and spacious and the wonderful hot breakfast was all you could ask for. Every member of the staff that we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful! We will definitely choose Residence Inn for our next overnight stay in Chattanooga. Thank you Tony and all of your Staff for a great weekend!

Room Tip: We had a corner Suite. The three of us were very comfortable, did not notice any great amount of noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Perhaps my positive view is a reflection of my low expectation going in (I can be a hotel snob), but this place is surprisingly impressive. Being near the aquarium, I'd assumed it would be a family-worn room with stains on the couch and bubblegum stuck under the table. Not at all. I have high standards for cleanliness, and this place is immaculate (particularly compared to the Sheraton Read House). Rooms are well appointed for a Residence Inn. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Have to stay in Chattanooga for 4 to 6 weeks beginning in April. Found my hotel for the stay....no reason to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were very surprised at how nice the room was and my wife was impressed that the room smelled so great. Clean, spacious as a studio room can be and a good hot breakfast. Close to the aquarium and several downtown places, such as the Vaudeville Cafe. ADD $8 for parking on top of room rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srblab12
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is well run and it is in a great location near the attractions and downtown.
The staff is extremely helpful and they went out of their way to help with any small request. Tony #1 (manager) and Tony #2 (front desk) work hard to please, as well as the other staff.
Accommodations were very good
Cleanliness was very good
Breakfast good with lots of choices

Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lincoln S
tony c, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. You feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on a return trip.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here for a 2 night weekend getaway and it was fantastic! Our room was very clean; there was even a nice shower head in the shower! The room was very spacious and with small living area, bed area, small kitchen (stovetop, full size fridge, microwave), and bathroom. I was a little nervous after reading a couple of reviews about unpleasant smells and hard beds, but no complaints here! The free breakfast is nothing fancy but it was good and nice to save money on a couple of meals. We didn't have to interact with the staff much, but as we passed in the halls everyone was very friendly. The location could not be any better. We parked our car for the weekend and walked every where! Right next to Broad/Market. We had a wonderful experience here and will stay here on our next visit!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
tony c, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for providing a review. We appreciate your business and take great satisfaction when hearing that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back for a return trip.