“Easy, Quiet and very clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Louisville, Kentucky
“Easy, Quiet and very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I am not sure why some people have had bad stays here but I have visited this location a number of times. At no point have I ever witnessed any of the issues some have expressed in their reviews. On the contrary my stays are often very quiet, clean and above all just plain pleasant. I will say the pillows are not the best but aside from that I think its a good overall value.

On a final note I looked at the above pictures and it confuses me because I am not 100 percent certain but I think that may be another location in Chattanooga. The reason I mention this is because I almost made the mistake of writing a review for a different property until I looked at the address. So if you choose this hotel (Shallowford Dr.) do know I have never had a bad experience here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

So I'm traveling with diamond tours and we've staying in nice hotels to average hotels but I never complain because I'm just happy to be on vacation. However this was the nastiest comfort inn and suites I've ever been to. I come from a small town with a bad reputation and have never had these problems. It started out with a bathroom door that wouldn't close properly and too much furniture shoved into a tiny room. Then the worst part, I stepped barefoot on what I believe was a live COCKROACH!!!! My grandma put it in a tissue and in the bathroom trash can, but of course it wasn't killed properly. So we politely talk to front desk and ask for a new room. The girl didn't seem to have any concern at all and even snickered a little bit and I told her where I specifically put it so it could be disposed of properly. She didn't offer us a better room which wouldn't have normally bothered me if she would have have acted like she had a bit of compassion. So we get to our next room and we instantly scope it out before we get comfortable. Behind all the furniture is dirty with wrappers and bottle caps...we found an old tissue....and worst a huge toe nail!!! We talked to another girl also and she cut us off to assure us it was a water bug. Well me and my friend decided to google a picture of a water but and it definitely didn't
resemble it at all! I'm disgusted
and scared to sleep tonight.

• Stayed May 2014
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

On a family vacation, my husband book this room on line it appeared on line to be ok! As we were driving to the hotel we starting reading the reviews they completely frighten us. so many scary reviews, but to our SUPERISE it was one of Best stays, beautifully stunning! Everything was brand spanking New. New carpet throughout the whole building! New Beds! Beautiful goose down comforters. Staff over the top helpful and friendly.So happy it turn out this way for us! The best night sleep. Really felt like royalty! We will BE BACK Thank you Chattanooga for this GEM!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nijen41
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
OUTSTANDING!!! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you didn't let our past scare you off!! Thank you from all of us for giving us a chance and I DO hope that you come back and visit us again!!!
Athens, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Upon our arrival, Michael was very accommodating and shared with us staff that was still here and those that had moved on...had a slight inconvenience with draperies and Michael came to the rescue. When inquiring about dining establishments, he was right on with his suggestion. We had spent the prior week in Pigeon Forge and just wanted something easy tonight.

Room Tip: We have always requested room near desk, very centrally located to lobby and parking in the rear. Ha...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I am so glad we made your stay wonderful! It was our pleasure and hope you come and stay with us again soon!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I am a Dimond member and stay at a different hotel every week. This hotel is sub par. I stayed in the suite which was a big empty front room with 2 stained couches and a remote that didn't work. Major water stains on the ceiling. Internet did not work called support number and front desk no help at all.

Choice needs to visit their sites more often and fix these issues.

Would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry for the issues you encountered. Our hotel is working on bettering ourselves and we use comments like yours to see what we need to work on.
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

If this hotel was as great as the staff it would be wonderful. Unfortunately it is not, from the pavers in the front that are loose to the sheets you could literally read a newspaper through they are so thin. This hotel is in need of a overhaul. We were on the fourth floor and had more water stains on the ceiling than we could count. The breakfast was perhaps the worst we have seen. The bananas were so overripe they had little gnats flying over them. We are platinum choice hotel members and with this hotel we question our hotel chain loyalty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry that your stay was not as good at it should have been. We are working hard to better our hotel and I have addressed your issues with my staff. Please come back and see us again so you can see our commitment to your satisfaction.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself were traveling to Florida and wanted a hotel that was an easy on & off location and included breakfast. This hotel provided both. Our room was very nice and clean and quiet. I did run out of hot water at the end of my shower. I told the desk clerk when we left. The staff was great and very helpful. Absolutely loved the hot breakfast - it had everything. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. Please know that the issue with the hot water has been resolved. I do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future!