“Great customer service, great rooms, great location”

Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place
Ranked #16 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great customer service, great rooms, great location”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family and I decided to take a road trip to Disney World in Florida this October. We decided to try to make Chattanooga, TN the stopping point for us…about the half way point since we were coming from Chicago. We pre-researched and found this Courtyard Mariott called Courtyard Chattanooga off of I-75. It was a very nice hotel to stay at and the Hamilton Place mall area was pretty, too. But not only was it a nice place to stay, but also the staff were VERY pleasant and helpful. They went above and beyond help. We did not pre-book out visits there since we weren’t familiar with the area and wanted to be sure it was nice before committing to stay there. The way down to Florida there was a room open for us and we had a nice stay there. Shay who worked at The Bistro eating/coffee area was VERY friendly and courteous. My 3 year old son was very chatty with her and she was very sweet to him and us. We saw her again the next morning and again she was very friendly and courteous to us. On our drive back to Chicago from Florida about a week later, again not pre-booking our room (never again skipping that), we decided to stay at the Courtyard Chattanooga again since we were happy with our previous stay. Unfortunately for us at the moment…there were no rooms available there…or anywhere else in the entire area due to 3 major events going on. That’s when an angel named Lovora saved the day for us! My 3 year old son had had enough of being in the car and was crying because he didn’t understand why we couldn’t stay there again, he was tired and hungry since it was 8:00 PM by this point, and just wanted to talk to his new friend Shay. Shocked and upset at ourselves for not pre-booking the room, we were at an exhausting moment after driving so long with no hope of getting a room in any area remotely close to where we were. Lovora went above and beyond to help us find somewhere to stay! She offered us to use their computers. She made several phone calls to her company’s other hotels, as well as to others in the area. Not one single room was available. After 45 minutes of trying desperately to help us, there was a cancellation in their hotel and we were able to stay there after all! These days it seems like if it were another hotel anywhere else, they would’ve just said no vacancy and good luck on your own. But Lovora did not. She took it upon herself to find a place for us to stay and genuinely cared that it would have been a LONG, far drive to try to find anywhere else to stay…possibly driving to another state. I can not express enough how grateful my family and I are that Lovora and Shay were so kind to us and genuinely cared about our predicament and did the best they could to try to keep a smile on our faces, and a place for us to stay. And for that alone, this hotel will get our business again if we get to go back to that area. Thank you so much for making our trip even better!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so very much for sharing in such detail your experience with our staff. Nothing worse than traveling and finding you ready to rest and there is nowhere to stop for the night. We are proud of both Shay and Lovora for going that extra mile for you and your family. I have shared your comments upward with our senior leadership so that both of them can be recognized for their exceptional customer service. We look forward to your next visit with us and both of them say hello to your son.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
North Alabama
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Right in the heart of one of the busiest shopping areas of Chattanooga, this hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms were well furnished and up-to-date although were not very large. There was no breakfast included but they did have a restaurant in the lobby that had what looked to have good (although expensive) food. We went down the street to McDonalds for breakfast. There were plenty of nice restaraunts nearby.

Beds were (at least for me) very soft if you like very soft beds.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
RMH_9, thank you so very much for making the time to respond to a short survey about our property. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, clean, comfortable accommodations and an air of gracious hospitality. I will share the kind words about our team members during our next daily Smart Start meeting. Though we always strive to go above and beyond for each of our guests, there may be opportunities to further enhance the experience for our guests and we will take your feedback into consideration when planning to do just that. If you're ever in the Chattanooga area and in need of accommodations we would be delighted to see you return. On behalf of my entire team, thank you and safe travels.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last minute trip. Had to find hotel in the area that wasn't too far from hospital that my son was in.
The hotel was exceptional! Guest service very friendly and professional, especially operations manager (forgot his name) Breakfast area, good food and friendly service! Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Room was very clean, and believe me I'm very fussy as to cleanliness! Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the court view/pool side. Very nice!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you so very much for making the time to respond to a short survey. We at the Chattanooga Courtyard I-75 at Hamilton Place pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, clean, comfortable accommodations and an air of gracious hospitality. I'm glad that you were pleased with your experience and will share the feedback with our team. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Chattanooga.
Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights back in March. The room was clean and comfortable. The complaints I have were minor. It took us being assigned 3 different rooms until we got one with a mini fridge, 2 calls and 30 minutes later for extra towels and there were still signs on the walls saying there was a jacuzzi/hottub when I asked they had taken it out to expand the fitness room. All in all not deal breakers just inconveniences. The staff was friendly enough, the parking doable even with a trailer, and the pool looked nice if it just had been 40 degrees warmer outside.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey about your stay at The Chattanooga Courtyard I-75 at Hamilton Place. I appreciate the feedback as we have addressed the opportunities for improvement you have outlined. I will certainly share the kind words about our staff with the team. When you're back in Chattanooga please don't hesitate to contact my team as we would appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you again. On behalf of the entire team thank you and safe travels.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and I was very impressed. The lobby was nice with a bar and a Starbucks. The room was very clean and pretty. The bathroom looked new! It was a very nice surprise. This hotel is close to the mall and not the downtown area of Chattanooga. There are restaurants within walking distance.

1 Thank Jenny R
Thank you so very much for making time to write a review about your recent experience with The Chattanooga Courtyard I-75 at Hamilton Place. I'm very pleased with our team that you were impressed with the services and accommodations here at our hotel. I will share your feedback with the entire team and please don't hesitate to contact us for future reservations while in Chattanooga as we are more than happy to assist any way we can. On behalf of my entire team thank you for the kind words and safe travels.
Dublin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for four days as part of tour. Good hotel, pleasant facilities, friendly and helpful staff. It has a pool and laundry facilities for customers use. Enjoyed stay. Bar closing at 10.00 only slight negative.

Room Tip: Inside rooms best.
Green Features: I am a smoker so as always unhappy re smoke free policy - a plus for others.
1 Thank Ciaran C
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about The Chattanooga Courtyard I-75 at Hamilton Place. I am happy that you found the accomodations pleasing. I will certainly pass on your kind words about the staff to them. I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Chattanooga and I wish you safe travels.
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 September 2013

For those wanting a cursory review: I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel! This is the first review I have written in years where I can attest that we have found a motel wherein everything met our standards and expectations pertaining to cleanliness and service.
Detailed Review
Lobby: Very nicely appointed, very clean, more of a bistro/lobby area. They have a small bar which serves breakfast/dinner, various beverages (alcohol included) and light fare until 10PM.
Initial Service: Nic was most accommodating, very pleasant personality, and genuinely desirous to make our stay pleasing. The initial price was a bit higher than we like to pay (generally $100 or less), however, with AARP he was able to meet our budget. Surprisingly, even after the initial check-in proceedings, Nic continued to aid and inquire of our needs and comforts as we moved into our room.
Room: Cleanest hotel room we have ever seen. It was not just that the furnishings were updated, but everything was clean. No stains or dull spots on the carpet, bed linens smelled fresh, couch was spotless and without the worn look of most hotel furnishings, no dust on the TV or other accompaniments, and the most surprising of all was the bathroom, pure white tub and surround without one iota of mold or mildew found, cleanest bathroom we have seen in years! The bed was somewhat firm, but molded to your body. Very comfortable.
Checkout: The attendant was most courteous. Very pleasant personality.
Summary: We have noticed over the last few years that the majority of motels (Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, some Hampton Inns, Quality Inns, Comfort Inns, Red Roof, et al.) where we have stayed seem to cater to the least demanding consumer. Of course, when you complain they try to raise the bar. My problem with this mode/mentality of hospitality service is that people of higher expectations should not have to deal with this cost cutting practice in the first place. This is extremely disappointing. This is not an issue at this establishment. Everything is held and meets the highest standard concerning cleanliness. When traveling I-75 from now on this will be our new mid-trip stop. We believe this to be the only hotel in years where we felt that we received a great value for our money. Well done, Courtyard!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fdgillis
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Good day,

I am so happy that we met, and exceeded, your expectations while you stayed with us. Here at the Chattanooga Courtard I-75 at Hamilton Place it is always our primary goal to leave the guest feeling like they received the best value and service for the money that was spent. We certainly understand that you have so many choices of where you can choose to stay and are so happy that you chose to stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind words about Nic, the rest of the staff, and the property to them. I will also forward you review of the property to our Courtyard Brand leaders as they are always looking for any feedback from our valued guests. We certainly hope you visit Chattanooga again and stay with us. I wish you safe travels.