“Recommend”

Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place
Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Three days here for business and I'd come again. Average Courtyard but staff push up the rating. Dustin and Kevin made me welcome and took care of requests. Location is convenient and generally quiet despite proximity to freeway. A few restaurants within walking distance, also Starbucks, and large shopping area a few blocks away.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

It makes me proud to read such great comments about our staff services. We try to go above and beyond for every guest to make sure they have an exceptional stay and I’m glad you did. We consider Dustin and Kevin our rock-stars at the front desk and I will definitely make sure to pass along your comments. We are located next door to Hamilton Place, the largest shopping mall in Chattanooga. There are great shopping opportunities and restaurants to try without having to travel far and it’s wonderful that our location was a great match for you. We can’t wait to see you again the next time you’re in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After a vacation gone wrong with all sorts of horrendous hotels. We found your hotel and I cannot say enough good things about it. First let me start with exceptional customer service and then what a comfortable stay. Other hotels need to take a page out of your book, keep up the good work. The beds are simply amazing....I could have slept at least 8 more hours. Keith at the front desk was beyond professional and took the time to check me out and ask me how my stay was and made eye contact. He showed me that he really appreciated my business. Thank you for treating us with such courtesy. We will be back!!

Room Tip: They are all good, but there is not elevator so if you have a problem climbing the stairs make sure...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bellabee32
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for the incredible comments you had about your stay. I am extremely proud of our staff for delivering exceptional customer service and making such a wonderful impression on you. We strive to make sure that every guest is treated "extra" special and I love hearing that you were. I'm glad you enjoyed our Jameson mattresses and had a great night’s sleep. We look forward to seeing back and again thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed the night before in nashville and the only availible room was in a bad part of town. The guy at the front desk was great. The room was clean, neat and comfotable. The black out shades were great for sleeping in. We missed breakfast and the front desk clerk made sure to ask us how breakfst was. When we told him that we slept in and missed it, he credited us the 7 bucks that we prepayed the night before. I would drive to Chattanooga just to stay here again. Thanks for a great place to stay off of the highway.

• Stayed: June 2014
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful nights rest. We want to make sure our rooms are the cleanest and most comfortable that you can come across. We pride ourselves on delivering the best to our guests each day. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and I'm glad our front desk was able to take such good care of you. The next time you are in please do partake in our breakfast as it is one of our signature features through the Bistro. It makes us truly excited to hear that a guest would come back to Chattanooga to stay with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on the rating through trip advisor. Enjoying a perfectly good evening when we here a noise and felt something crawling on us. When we turned on the light our room had at least 10 beetles in the room. We couldn't stop them from coming in. The employee named Nick stated he was embarrassed but didn't know what to do as they were booked. Ok....so just sleep with bugs. We continued to kill one right after another when I had enough and called Nick back. He sprayed the outside with bug spray and disabled the outer light. The security guard gave us towels to block windows and doors. Sound like a great experience so far? Oh, it gets better! After thinking killing 27 bugs we were in the clear we attempted to sleep! Yep! In our bed....on the headboard! On the microwave! Enough! I told Nick to find us another hotel since he had no other room! So now it is 100 am and the fun keeps coming! Nick actually got mad because I expected Marriott to pick up the tab! He got mad at us for his hotel having bugs! Thank goodness the downtown Courtyard Marriott was nice and was shocked, sincerely apologetic for Nick's behavior! We are driving at 100 am in our pjs due to bugs and HE was mad? I will not stop at trip advisor! Any social media outlet to my disposal will be used! Plus, I will be calling Marriott directly over this! experience. Poor poor poor customer service! There are plenty of choices by the Hamilton mall or pay a little more and stay downtown! We wished we had!

1  Thank Balentine4
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention, as I understand it you have recently spoke with hotel management regarding your concern and you were able to come to resolution regarding the situation. Additionally, I would like to apologize, again, on behalf of the hotel regarding the initial response you received; that is never an appropriate way to respond and this service concern was addressed. The bug in question is a ground beetle that unfortunately due to all the heavy rains in our area has moved above ground. The property was recently treated which should alleviate any future issues. We recognize that you have many choices for your stay and make it a priority to provide our guests with a trouble free stay. I sincerely hope that this isolated, and resolved occurrence does not deter you from staying with us again. I will be reaching out to you personally to make sure you receive our apology and commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Chose this hotel based on the ratings and it was certainly worth the stop. The room was VERY clean had the 1st floor pool side. We enjoyed the ease of going out into the courtyard/pool area. I would have liked it more if the music that played in the lobby also played in the pool area. I would have sat out longer and relaxed. The hotel seems to really care about the facility and the guests. HR is doing a good job.
The ONLY negative I had, reg coffee in the morning would have made it better. I was barely awake and had to order a $4 Starbucks from the restaurants food court and the person that was making it was so slow, it was aggravating.

Room Tip: Poolside 1st floor could step outside your room to a very nice courtyard/pool area without having to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so much for writing about your experience at our Courtyard. We are extremely proud to read that you had a great stay. We strive to give our guests the best and I am happy that your accomadations went above and beyond expectations. Thank you for your feedback about the music as we are always looking for ways to enhance our property. As a solution to your morning cup of coffee our front desk would be more than happy to provide you with a pack of complimentary coffee during your stay. We hope to see you again soon the next time you are traveling to the Chattanooga area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Wow! Our family of four stayed here overnight en route to Ohio from our trip to Florida. The room was probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Comfortable beds were a plus, too! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Wish we could have this kind of hotel room on all of our travels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I absolutely love hearing comments like yours. I am very proud that the staff took care of all your needs and that your room exceeded expectations. We love making our guests feel that when they stay in Chattanooga they know they will receive the best. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This property is awesome! The staff truly made me feel welcome. Every stay is better than the last and the staff is phenomenal. A special thank you to Courtney for making my stay exceptional. Way to go!

• Stayed: June 2014
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Ms Brown, it is always a pleasure to have you stop in. I know how critical you are about service being in a similar business, thus I value your feedback always about how we are doing. I appreciate you highlighting Courtney, one of our super stars at the front desk. We always look forward to your next visit us.