Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel was pretty nice. Some of the furnishings needed replaced or updated but overall a good experience. Pool is a bit small. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good location for vacation. Many restaurants nearby. Hotel furnished breakfast and dinner so if you like that kind of thing, you can really save $ on your food expenses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Chad A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for the comments about our property and associates. We appreciate your feedback, we are committed to making Homewood Suites "A Home Away From Home". Thank you for taking part in our Free Hot Breakfast and Manager's Reception Monday thru Thursday. We appreciate your staying with us, and hope to see you again the next time you're in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff but some cosmetic as well as training for housekeeping staff is much needed. Stains on bed linens, garbage left in rooms from previous guests, limited towels, phones not working, upholstery on furniture needs upgrading. Staff were helpful but seemed overwhelmed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I truly am sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. A clean well-maintained guest room is basic for a great stay, and I am sorry this was not your expereince. I will be taking the comments to our housekeeping department for additional training to ensure other guests will not be disappointed as you were. We have ordered new sofa's to replace the defect in the upholstery fabric in our current ones and are anxiously awaiting the lead time to secure the new sofa's in rooms for our guest's enjoyment. I apolgize for the phone issues you experienced during your stay, our system unexpectedly crashed and has been replaced at this current time. I extend an invitation to join us again in the future, so that we may show you our committment to ultimate guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for one night, and that was one to many for this location. As a long time HHonors member I am loyal to Hilton but I will not stay here again unless it if fully renovated. The location near the freeway is a plus. Sadly there were to many minuses here. Upgraded to a two bedroom suite that was in need of a total remodel. The room was dated and dingy. The couch was soiled as was the floor. The carpeting on the base of the wall was coming off in several places. The bathroom was very small and the sink area was dirty, the tile floor was sticky. I was leery about sleeping in the bed and only did after removing the comforter and fully checking the sheets and the pillows. There was a large AC duct inside both closets that was not covered and you could see holes in the ceiling. The breakfast was not worth eating. Told the front desk about the issues with the room and let them know of our disappointment. They apologized. This hotel does not meet up to the Hilton standard and either should be renovated or removed as one of their properties. The high rated reviews that have been left do not reflect what this property is truly like. Sadly cannot recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We apparently "dropped the ball" here in many areas, and for this I am truly sorry. We are committed to making this property a beacon of hospitality for the Homewood by Hilton brand, and I am sorry this was not your experience during your stay. Rest assured, I will be utilizing your comments and concerns for additional training amongst the staff to ensure other guests will not be disappointed as you were. Thank you for choosing our property to stay, and if you are ever in Chattanooga area, we would love to send an invitation to you to show the progress and changes we will have made.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We posted a photo of a very sad-looking couch, but to the hotel’s credit they saw our photo and made a note to replace it… quickly giving us a new room. This is an older property, like the curtain rods don’t really function properly but if you just settle in you will find it more than comforting: roomy, clean, sleep-inducing beds and pillows, extremely well-insulated and quiet rooms/hallways, bacon-and-eggs/biscuits breakfast, a warm outdoor pool with lots of towels and lounges, easy drive to downtown, Lookout Mountain, etc. Don’t miss a terrific massage just 2 blocks away, open 7 days a week (Massage4stress.com). And best of all – the friendly, efficient staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for comments. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our property. This is indeed a very sad couch, and I pleased to let you know we are in the process of getting our sleeper sofas replaced. New ones have been ordered and we are anxiously awaiting the lead time of the new sleeper sofas from the manufacturer, so that we may replace sad sofas like this with happy sofas ready to aide in the relaxation of our guests. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Chattanooga - Hamilton Place for your lodging needs, and if you’re ever in the area again we would love to have you join us!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I was excited to go to a Hilton hotel for the first time, but I was thoroughly disappointed. Most of these 5 star reviews are bogus! My husband and I checked in and as we went up to our non smoking room the smell was seeping through the walls it seemed. The staff was rude and dismissive and my husband had to argue to get a "better" room. We checked out that same night and went to a different hotel downtown Chattanooga. By the way, do not be misled like we were about their "pool"... It is a 5x5 pool only 5'5" deep. In the picture it looks gorgeous. Absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank XSeaMonkeyX

Oh my! I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent visit with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and it truly saddens me to hear that we did not meet your expectations; we will definitely evaluate your concerns and comments and learn to improve upon these areas to ensure others were not a disappointed as you were. I would like to note that many of our TripAdvisor reviews have a notation “Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton” these are verified guests of the hotel which actually makes them the most authenticated reviews on the site. I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment in your recent stay. I would love to extend the opportunity to give us another try in the future, so that we may show our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, but the rooms show their age and their was a bug problem. Food service was above average, and it has the right amenities for an extended stay.We did see the pest control people on the property as we were checking out. Comfortable beds, so with a refreshing of the rooms (we stayed in two and saw three), and the bug problems resolved, it would be a good choice and a good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karl S

Thank for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that you had an experience with bugs during your recent stay. We do work closely with our pest elimination service on a very regular basis to ensure guests are welcomed to a clean room and pest free environment. I am sorry this was not your experience during your recent stay. I can honestly say we have made all efforts since your stay to ensure others did not have this same experience. Thank you for staying with us, and if you’re ever in the Chattanooga area again, I hope you will give us another opportunity to show our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I'm suspicious of all the 5 star reviews of this place. Majority of the reviewers have only 1-3 reviews and they use very similar terminology (i.e. Excellent staff, great staff, etc.) I'd bet this place is using a service to leave good reviews. Just look at the reviews from reviewers with alot of reviews. This is NOT a 5 star hotel. Maybe 3 at the most. It's not easy to find, it's back behind stores. The staff is not amazing. I don't have any major complaints but I wouldn't call them amazing or overly helpful. The dishwasher in our suite was falling forward. There were old coffee grounds in the coffee pot. The "pleather" soda bed had very visible cracks and rips that management should have seen and corrected. The tile in the elevator is dirty and cracked. The pool had two towels left when my family went down to swim. The hallway on the 3rd floor smell overly treated, kinda like someone tried to cover up the smell of smoke. I'm a silver HHonors member and do not stray far from the Hilton brand however on this stay, I wish I had.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Clint P

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that the hotel did not live up to your expectations. A clean, well-maintained guest room is basic for a guest's stay, and I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay. We will utilize your comments and concerns as a training opportunity to do better, so that we may learn from mistakes and take every opportunity to ensure guest's satsifcation. I am aware of the issues with the sleeper sofa upholstery as this is an apparent manufacturer defect. We have ordered all new sofa's for the hotel and are anticipating their arrival pending manufacturer's lead time. I also would like to note that many of our TripAdvisor reviews have a notation “Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton” these are verified guests of the hotel which actually makes them the most authenticated reviews on the site. Thank you for staying with us while in Chattanooga, and if your ever in the area again we would love to have the opportunity to show our committment to your satisfaction.