“Charged my credit card 3 times”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Charged my credit card 3 times”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a great stay while I was there. Loved the room, the provided meals were better than I expected, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed my stay, however, when I got home I realized that they had charged me 3 times on my credit card. Once on the day I got there, and then twice on my checkout day. So right now I have $250 of extra charges on my card and

THEY AREN'T ANSWERING THEIR PHONES, JUST A BUSY SIGNAL EVERY TIME I CALL.

I would really love to get my money back, and if it wasnt for the extra charges I would have rated a 5/5.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveltoomuch2014
Chad A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience we caused in that you were unable to get thru to us. Our telephone system was down the other day for several hours as we are converting our system to a new state of the art IP based phone system. During this time our telephone system was setting off a busy signal when the main number was dialed. If I can be of any assistance in making sure you were charged correctly for your room. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel main number and I will gladly investigate further into this. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Rented a suite on the fourth floor and a king on the second for my Grandson's 11 th Birthday. The suite was in disrepair, dirty carpets,torn sofa, not enough chairs to sit at table.. Bad odor coming from kitchen sink.
Even with all of that I would not have complained nor write a poor review, we were there for our family and to go to Lake Winnie, not to spend a lot of time in the Hotel.
So, on the morning of 7/6/14.. I was just waking up and heard a chirping
sound, as did everyone else in our suite. My daughter who stayed in the single room on the second floor called and told us there was a fire in the elevator and we had to evacuate. When we went out into the hallway it was louder, but it wasn't until we entered the stairway was it loud enough to sound off an emergency.. The manager on duty was hysterical and yelling.. My daughter observed her being belligerent to the staff and she was more rude than reassuring in the process of managing this event.
Fire trucks arrived, we were back in the building within 30-45 minutes.
Bad, bad situation. First of all I have read previous reviews of the disrepair and poor quality of the elevators, why wasn't this addressed earlier??
Most importantly, if this occurred in the dead of the night when people were in a deep sleep there surely could have been fatalities!!!!
Homewood Suites, I will call your local Fire Marshall and address this today.. Absolutely unforgivable!!!
I

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. It is true we did have an issue with the elevators the other morning, we had a motor that overheated causing smoke and thus setting the alarms off, however to be completely certain of everyone's safety and not knowing the exact cause of the smoke at the time, it was imperative we have everyone evacuate the facility for thier safety. I apologize if any of the staff was rude, as our main concern was our guest's safety and ensuring everyone was safe. Our elevators are monitered on a monthly basis by a nationally recognized elevator service organization and are inspected yearly as well. There had been no indications of any issues prior to this incident, and no warning signs this was going to occur. I apologize for any inconviences this may have caused. The fire marshall was notified and did investigate and found no violations at the property. Guest safety is and will always be our number one priority. Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs and I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show our committment to guest satisfaction and comfort.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having stayed at many Homewood Suites, we were disappointed with the condition of our room at this facility. The couch, in particular, was worn on the cushions and sunk in....looked like it had been picked up off the curb. There was no way I would let my kids sleep on it. After complaining, The manager told me the couches in every room on the property were just as bad and could off me no alternative rooms. I requested our money back, which they did do and then they helped me find a nearby hotel. I appreciated the manager's understanding attitude. She called the general manager so I could tell him first hand why I wasn't choosing their hotel. He refused to come down and would not talk to me on the phone. That told me right there that he did not care about his customers. We stayed at the Embassy Suite, with the help of the Home wood Suites front desk which was pretty new and much more customer oriented!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for considering our property for your lodging needs. We do acknowledge our sofas are in need of an upgrade and new ones have been ordered and we are waiting the manufacturer's lead time until we have them on property for all to experience. I do apologize that you were unable to talk to me, but there seems to be a mis-communication here as I was never contacted and was not on the property at that time. If I can be of any assistance feel free to reach out to me any time by calling the main hotel number.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is not a bad place to stay but it is unfortunately not up to the other Homewood Suites in which I've stayed. There is nothing majorly wrong but the facility is a bit worn out. The biggest negative for me was the breakfast. The room in which it is served is unable to accommodate the number of guests at the hotel (good luck getting a table). The breakfast offerings were less than other Homewood Suites. And the 9:30am cut off time is too early for travelers like myself. That seems to be the rule rather than the exception at Hilton properties on this trip but it's inconvenient for travelers causing a last-minute frenzy to get something to eat. I wouldn't mind staying here again but I wouldn't put it at the top of my list either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are indeed a seasoned property and continue to make changes to ensure your experience is a great one. I couldn't agree more that our seating in our dining room is a very intimate setting. But never fear as we do open our meeting room up to allow for additional seating when there is large numbers of guests at breakfast time. Again, thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs, and safe travels!
Kansas City
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel was pretty nice. Some of the furnishings needed replaced or updated but overall a good experience. Pool is a bit small. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good location for vacation. Many restaurants nearby. Hotel furnished breakfast and dinner so if you like that kind of thing, you can really save $ on your food expenses.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Chad A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for the comments about our property and associates. We appreciate your feedback, we are committed to making Homewood Suites "A Home Away From Home". Thank you for taking part in our Free Hot Breakfast and Manager's Reception Monday thru Thursday. We appreciate your staying with us, and hope to see you again the next time you're in Chattanooga.
Dillard, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff but some cosmetic as well as training for housekeeping staff is much needed. Stains on bed linens, garbage left in rooms from previous guests, limited towels, phones not working, upholstery on furniture needs upgrading. Staff were helpful but seemed overwhelmed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I truly am sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. A clean well-maintained guest room is basic for a great stay, and I am sorry this was not your expereince. I will be taking the comments to our housekeeping department for additional training to ensure other guests will not be disappointed as you were. We have ordered new sofa's to replace the defect in the upholstery fabric in our current ones and are anxiously awaiting the lead time to secure the new sofa's in rooms for our guest's enjoyment. I apolgize for the phone issues you experienced during your stay, our system unexpectedly crashed and has been replaced at this current time. I extend an invitation to join us again in the future, so that we may show you our committment to ultimate guest satisfaction.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for one night, and that was one to many for this location. As a long time HHonors member I am loyal to Hilton but I will not stay here again unless it if fully renovated. The location near the freeway is a plus. Sadly there were to many minuses here. Upgraded to a two bedroom suite that was in need of a total remodel. The room was dated and dingy. The couch was soiled as was the floor. The carpeting on the base of the wall was coming off in several places. The bathroom was very small and the sink area was dirty, the tile floor was sticky. I was leery about sleeping in the bed and only did after removing the comforter and fully checking the sheets and the pillows. There was a large AC duct inside both closets that was not covered and you could see holes in the ceiling. The breakfast was not worth eating. Told the front desk about the issues with the room and let them know of our disappointment. They apologized. This hotel does not meet up to the Hilton standard and either should be renovated or removed as one of their properties. The high rated reviews that have been left do not reflect what this property is truly like. Sadly cannot recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We apparently "dropped the ball" here in many areas, and for this I am truly sorry. We are committed to making this property a beacon of hospitality for the Homewood by Hilton brand, and I am sorry this was not your experience during your stay. Rest assured, I will be utilizing your comments and concerns for additional training amongst the staff to ensure other guests will not be disappointed as you were. Thank you for choosing our property to stay, and if you are ever in Chattanooga area, we would love to send an invitation to you to show the progress and changes we will have made.