“I didn't love it”

Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Laurens, South Carolina
“I didn't love it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I will admit I am much more of a Hilton or Marriott girl, but a somewhat last minute trip with 8 of us and a cheap rate on Hotwire sealed the deal. This hotel is a little dated, but overall didn't seem dingy or anything. The breakfast was as expected. One of the employees didn't appear to be customer service oriented. She was just a little awkward towards guests. My biggest negative about the hotel was despite feeling clean, my 1 year old's socks were black on the bottoms from walking around the room. I was definitely a little grossed out about that. If the rate was cheap enough, I might would consider staying again. Maybe it was just our room with gross carpets?

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kat5581

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

After having stayed 1 night each in multiple hotels on a road trip, it was a delight to stay here. Our group had 4 rooms, and the beds in each room were the best we had throughout our trip. I appreciated having more room in the breakfast area than many hotels of comparable cost, and the food offered was adequate. Staff were very friendly and helpful and also were familiar with the area (I was amazed at how many hotel desk clerks in other hotels didn't know the local area). A great value for the price. I'll certainly stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KAKAMinnesota
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Needed a place to stop around Chattanooga on our way to a volleyball tournament early the next morning. The Clarion Inn met all our needs after a long day on the road. Easy to find with each access on and off I-24. Staff was very friendly and room, although older, was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ShawnTN668, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review. If you are in the area again please stop and see us again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife, Mother-in-law and I were traveling home from Florida and decided to overnight in Chatanooga. When we checked in I asked for a ground level room to accomadate my 80 yeqar old mother-in-law but was politely told they were full and there were no ground level rooms avilable. I was informed there was an elevator and we were given a room on the second floor not far from the elevator. We checked in our room and were pleased with the condition of the room, clean and nicely appointed, looked to have been recently redecorated. I went for a short hike on Lookout Mountain while my wife and Mother-in-law rested and refreshed. We went out to dinner and retunred to the room at 8:30pm , decide to turn on the television to see the football playoff game. The TV was just static, both my wife and I attempted to figure out the issue with the remote with no luck. My wife called the front desk and she was told that frequently guests will mess with the programming and leave the televisions in this condition. The woman at the desk attempted to explain the procedure using buttons on the side of the television to reprogram the set. When this didnt work I again called the desk and asked her to send someone to program the television .I was told there was no one available and that I would have to figure it out on my own. I explained that I had already attempted and couldnt figure it out, she told me no-one was available and that my only option at this point was to change rooms, mind you it is now nearly 9:00pm and I had been told earlier that the hotel was full.I asked her why this was not addressed when the rooms were being made over and she said that was not housekeepings responsibility, I asked her whose responsibility it was and she said it was really not anyones responsibility and that the previous guest should leave it alone , I explained that what the previous guest did was not my concern ,I wanted a television that worked and I wasnt switching rooms at 9:00pm. She said she couldnt help me unless I was willing to switch rooms..
At breakfast the next morning the display and selection were nice and the woman servicing the buffet did an excellent job. It is a shame that the experience at thsi hotel was a negative one based on a detail as simple as someone ensuring the televisions are in working order or is available to program them when they are tampered with especially since this appears not to be an isolated occurence.
I do not think I would return to this hotel, there are too many other options in the same price range and proximity .

Room Tip: If you have any desire to watch the 32 inch High Definition Televisions which they actually advertis...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ShawnTN668, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We strive to make everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible. The issues you had with your television was unacceptable. The front desk staff has the contact information of the service personnel that could have resolved this issue. If you are in the area again please contact me directly and give us the opportunity to regain your business.
LaFayette, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The room was perfect! We had the king suite. It was wonderful. Lots of room. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were comfortable. Relatively quiet. Great price on the room. The right amount of towels. The breakfast bar the next morning was great too! Very clean hotel. Definitely a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon G
ShawnTN668, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We really do appreciate it! If you are ever in the area please stop and see us again!
Freeport, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just what we needed to freshen up and rest after driving form NW Illinois and heading to Ormond Beach FL. Used to be a Hampton so we knew we would be in a comfortable bed to sleep off the miles and get ready for some more.
Didn't check out any of the amenites-went across the street to (where else?) the WalMart for a couple of supplies, went to sleep. snored-got up early and headed on to Florida.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candace C
ShawnTN668, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. If you are ever in the area please stop and see us again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in September while visiting family. We called the lobby while we were at the store to see if there was a fridge and microwave in the room, so we knew what we could buy. He looked up our room type and said no our room did not come with these. About 15 minutes later we checked into the room, very quickly I might add, and there was a rollaway microwave and mini fridge right by the door in the room. Needless to say, customer service at this hotel is amazing. Our bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The pool was already closed for winter when we went so I cant review that. I would definitely stay here again when we come back.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room facing the road and there was no noise. So it seems any location of room is...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crzyblonde23
ShawnTN668, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for you kind review! I will be sure to pass this on to the staff and look forward to seeing you in the future.