“Very pleased with our stay as a family!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I wanted to take our boys (7 yo and 23 mos) on a mini-vacation to Chattanooga without breaking the bank. The prices at this Hampton Inn allowed us to do that versus any 'downtown' hotel (within 2 miles of this hotel). I was hesitant due to previous reviews about the questionable area, but we felt safe the entire time. The entire staff was very nice and helpful throughout our visit. This A+ mom packed everything BUT the baby wipes and when I went to ask if they by chance had any at the front desk, the young man checked and they didn't, but he offered to go get me some! We just got some the next day after our trip to the Aquarium, but I've never had this gesture at another hotel. When they ran out of blueberry muffins on our last day there, the server got one out of the machine for our 7yo picky eater. The 7yo loved the pool EVERYday and my husband loved that it was salt water and not chlorine. Our room was on the first floor and it was large enough even with a crib. The bed was not the best for sleeping if you have a bad back, but we were happy overall.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 22 June 2011

This is the worst Hampton Inn I have stayed at. The air in the room didn't work so we changed rooms. The air in the second room didn't cool either. The hallways had a terrible order. The neighborhood is not the greatest. No place to eat that were close by.

Room Tip: Heres a tip. Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank largemouth0223
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here for one night on a road trip. The hotel is just a 2 mile straight shot from downtown Chattanooga and half the price of the downtown hotels. The room was your standard Hampton Inn. I loved the typed out directions they provided to restaurants, points of interest, even Walmart. I found this a great perk. Some prior reviewers commented on the location not being great, but I had not concerns at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ljohns27
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This hotel is fine if you expect to stay at a budget hotel, but many Hampton Inns around the country are better quality. After a week of staying in a variety of Hilton family hotels in the Boston area, I was disappointed to arrive at this Hampton Inn. Its location on a one-way street is not convenient, and there are no restaurants or shops within safe walking distance. I could hear the plumbing from the room above me rattling through my room's pipes, and my amorous neighbors were clearly heard through the walls. The staff is very friendly, the room was clean, this just isn't on par with some of the nicer Hampton Inns around the country. I might be spoiled, though!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed here on a long haul drive from FL to CO. This place fills the bill for a night's stay. It's very close to the highway and is just a short hop to the downtown restaurant scene where you can find any kind of food you would want. Room is fine, beds very comfy w/many & varied pillows, breakfast good w/hot slections, price more than fair w/AAA discount.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was good.
Neighorhood is questionably. Highway was right outside our window so it was very noisy.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The hotel is clean and comfortable, and rooms have plenty of space. There is a major highway close to the hotel, but we generally heard no noise whatsoever. We asked for a quiet room and got one facing the rear parking lot and the outdoor pool that was closed for the season. The coin landry machines were a welcome feature. The receptionist advised us that the dryer might not be working well and that if it didn't perform well enough, we could use the hotel's main dryer. My wife did so (the person working in the laundry was a bit surprised). We saw no restaurants nearby, and drove to the rather attractive, upscale, renovated downtown area for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple