“Great Price”

Sleep Inn Shallowford
Ranked #57 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we are driving south to Tampa, FL. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The location is convenient. The staff was pleasant. There are at least 6 good restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was not as good as some Choice properties we have stayed at. There were make your own waffles but apart from them the only hot item was sausage patties. Everything else was standard cold breakfast fare. the only thing that marred our stay was a fire alarm at 8 p.m. which had us out of our rooms for about a half hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank You for your kind words Hope to see you again jima gm

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Dated hotel at a good price. Very clean in a good location. Bed was very hard to me and I did not sleep good But my husband said he slept fine. I could have just been mad that my Tide lost lol. Great shower, average breakfast. We used a hotel coupon book and got a good value for $55 +tax. It's a clean place to sleep for the price.

Stayed: January 2014

If you give us another chance I promise to be better than average Jim A GM

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My Mom & I were in town on a personal matter that took us to this area repeated times. While we were there, we decided to get in some overdue shopping. This location cannot be beat for a good night's sleep while being in the heart of everything anyone could want on a shopping trip. We, too, felt safe. Since there is an elevator, I agree that one might prefer a top floor room if many guests are in the hotel, due to noise from people walking above you, though. This breakfast includes waffles, more than some Sleep Inns have offered me. I, also, was given the lower rate upon check-in; and even though there is a $1.50 charge quoted upon check-in if one uses the safe, I told them upon checkout that I had enjoyed using my safe and gladly looked forward to paying for the availability of the service. Instead, I was told that this one time to consider it one of my benefits of my Choice Privileges membership and I would not be charged. My 78-year-old mother and I found this motel to be very comfortable, and we expect to stay again if circumstances allow.

Also, this is the 2nd time we stayed in the area, and we HIGHLY recommend a trip down Lee Hwy. (go rt. on Shallowford leaving the motel, then immediately rt. on Lee) to the City Café in the Best Western, Heritage, on your left. It is open 24 hrs. a day with some of the best entrees, sandwiches (a Monte Cristo to die for!), and huge, show-stopping desserts money can buy. Don't go home without trying the City Café!

Room Tip: We stayed in 109, but will choose an elevator ride to the top floor next time when more people are t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us I will pass along your comments to the staff Hope to see you in the near future jima GM

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Just needed a single night while traveling. Phone call on the road said room would be $69. However on check in the clerk said she would provide it for $59:) Thanks:)

Sleep Inn rooms are clean, comfortable. They have a distinguished shower "pod" that allows a large shower space yet takes less room than a traditional hotel bathroom. This is probably a way for the chain to get more rooms per square foot.

Breakfast is included which is key for family travel.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank John B

Thank you for our excellent scores Our goal is a clean comfortable room at a great price Glad you wer pleased Jim A GM

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked this hotel on my way to the Smoky Mountains. The location was great. It is across the interstate from Hamilton Place. The price was outstanding, especially for just a place to rest for the night before continuing my drive the next day. The room was clean and comfortable.There are numerous restaurants surrounding the hotel and the location made me feel safe. Hamilton Place is also a nice detour with numerous restaurants and an abundance of shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind remarks Hope you enjoyed Gatlinburg If you are ever in our neighborhood please stop by and let me buy you a coffee Jim A GM

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. We were in the area for a short weekend and the location is wonderful. You can walk to many restaurants and the mall was close plus easy access to I-75. Not a top end type plus and no pool but fits all the qualifications for what we needed. Regular type continental breakfast but again did what we needed. I will definitely choose when we go to the area again.

Room Tip: The beds were all full size just something to keep in mind if expecting queen beds in the double roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
gmjima, Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our property.

Jim Antesberger
Sleep Inn, Chattanooga
423-894-5333

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The rooms are very outdated and run downed. We found a cleaning rag left on the floor from the cleaning staff. The sheets had several stains. There was dust everywhere. The room didn't look like it had been cleaned in weeks. I requested to move to another room and was placed right next door. When we checked out the desk clerk never asked how my stay was even though he knew we had changed rooms. Will never stay here nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business