“Clean and comfortable”
Review of MainStay Suites

Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We wanted to stay a little ways outside Chattanooga and this turned out to be an excellent location. A little tricky to find, but it's there and waiting for you. The staff was most accomodating and pleasant, evidenced by our leaving some clothing in the closet which, once confirmed, they sent to us via UPS. We surely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine as it is a quiet area but not far from the expressway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deanne D, Owner at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear TheKs42,
Every review like yours helps us get the word out that we represent great value and caring service. Thanks you for your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had booked the room well in advance for a family of three adults and two small children. The room was so small, the girl at the desk had to come in and physically move the tv and dresser in order to expand the hideabed. The bath was set up for handicap people. It scared the kids. They refused to use it. In adequate amount of table wear for five people. There was only a service for three. Room needed to be updated. Room lacked bedding for the hideabed. We had to request it when we were getting ready for bed. People were knocking on the door late at night.

Room Tip: With all the hotels at Choice Hotels, I would select another
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rod K,
I see that you visited our business last week. We appreciate your conveying thoughts with fellow guest who hopefully might be our future satisfied guest as well. As you probably realize, consumer reviews are the number one determinant for influencing other consumers. I do see that you booked your reservation online, just a reminder please check and double check what you are reserving, Mr. Rod K you did receive the room type that you booked online which was a double double suite handicap accessible which comes with a roll in shower not a tub. We would have happily moved you to a suite with a tub if we would have know you were unhappy. Thanks and thanks again for your patronage.

At Your Service

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very nice hotel for extended stay. Recently renovated, excellent service, made me feel like home. I would stay here again and would recomand to my friends and family. Lots of resturants within walking distance. Easy access to interstate 75.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my first experience with a Main Stay Hotel and I was very pleased. I had the pleasure of meeting the owners of this hotel and I must say they are a very lovely couple and very hospitable. The rest of the staff was equally great and very helpful. Especially the night desk clerks that will allow you to talk their ears off when you can't sleep at night. Apparently this hotel just underwent recent renovations and they did a wonderful job. Everything looks great. If I am ever in Chattanooga again, I know where I will be staying.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deanne D, Owner at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Terri P,
Thank you for your patronage. Typically even the most satisfied consumers go on about their busy lives without taking the time to applaud the business that pleased them. Your praise was especially appreciated as you focused in on the number one objective of our business.........to treat each and every guest as though they are family. Please return often as it's guest like you who affirm for us why we are in business. I assure you the night shift doesn't mind you talking their ears off!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at this property. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and reasonable. All of the staff from the front desk to the housekeepers were friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kathy H,
Thank you for the wonderful observations that you publicly made regarding our staff. Candidly, were you to have said such positive things about us several years ago then that would have been the exception. However, today this is the rule because we have assembled a service team that is the envy of any business. Come revisit soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently stayed in the Chattanooga MainStay Suites for the first time last week and was blown away! I am kind of a MainStay Suites junkie and stay in them as often as I can. I have never been dissatisfied at a MainStay Suites and this one did not disappoint! The entire hotel just went through a complete renovation and it shows. First Class all the way. The suites are huge and the full Kitchens in EVERY room are a big help for someone that likes a cold beer after a long day of training! It felt more like I had my own apartment rather than a hotel room. Breakfast was on par to what one would expect. Hot oatmeal, Waffles, Fruits, Cereal plus the normal continental breakfast offerings. This hotel is surrounded by plenty of excellent places to eat, Fugis (Sushi Bar / Hibachi) and Texas Roadhouse are right across the street. The staff there are all about your experience. At check-in I rode the elevator up with the Executive Housekeeper that told me about the area and what the night life was like. The Front Desk staff were always smiling and willing to offer great suggestions on what there is to do. If you do visit this 5 star property tell Kate (usually evening front desk) that Dave from Port St. Joe Florida says hi! She is the definition of a hospitality professional. I promise you will not be disappointed by the service you receive!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deanne D, Owner at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear TCPMI,
Thank you for your wonderful description of our service. We work very hard to provide reliability, a great product and friendly service. To us it is the very least we can do for each and every one of our precious customers. We will share your review with Katie, its always great to hear our staff named personally for their service, Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is newly renovated. I was very comfortable. The full kitchen made it easy to bring and fix my own meals, the refrigerator is full size and even has an ice maker. My room was clean and well maintained. The service was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers. I will always stay here when I visit Chattanooga.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and there was no noise from other rooms, either above or beside me.