“Shortfalls”

Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Strongsville, Ohio, USA
“Shortfalls”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We travel down from Ohio to Florida in the Autumn and back in the Spring.On our way down in October last year we stayed at La Quinta in Marietta GA.The hotel had been completely remodeled and we were over the moon!

On the way back we stayed at the above La Quinta,these were our observations.

1 On check in there was one lady desk clerk who was flustered about rooms that were not cleaned,the fact the phone rang non stop so she wasn't able to greet us properly(our room was ready).

2 On arrival in the room our first impression was that the room looked "tired" although clean.

3 The reason we chose a king with microwave / fridge was so that we could have a quiet meal which we had prepared at home to eat in the hotel.The microwave was not working.My wife called into reception and was told nothing could be done except to bring the food to the reception microwave and prepare it there,which we did but was not very satisfactory.

4 We also called to say there was no liners for the bins or the ice holder.We were told they were on back order.However a short time later someone came and brought us laundry bags and profusely apologized for the shortfalls.

5 The bottom of the tub in the bathroom looked dirty in fact it was the liner coming off.

6 On the plus side the bed was really comfortable.

7 The noise level outside was fine.

8 The H D TV was great.

9 The lady on the desk and looking after the buffet breakfast was very friendly and efficient.Check out was good.

10 The buffet breakfast was very good.

I hope these comments help, and yes I do recommend La Quinta to people,especially with your pet policy(we have a small dog).

Our main disappointment was the fact we couldn't dine properly in our room.

Regards
Cliff and Sue Bryson

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Clffb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
kansan City
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Nice clean hotel, the building is older. However I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 January 2012

So, I stayed here on the way home last week. The room smelled awful...like mold. The area outdoors for your pet to do his business was a minefield of huge piles of poo. If you truly are pet friendly, shouldn't the area designated for dogs be clean? I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This was a really clean property - particularly for an older "motel" setup. It is close to the mall. The people at the front desk are very accommodating, and the doors on the outside with no indoor corridors was actually very good for me because we brought our two dogs. The only downside that I could see in the 4 or 5 days we were there was that the breakfast room was always crowded - even during business days - and you had to grab your food and eat back at your room because there was no place to sit. Also, the selection on the complimentary continental breakfast was more limited than most other hotels I have visited but you could definitely find something to eat if you are hard up. The bananas were black and they ran out of everything. Plus, everyone was tripping over each other trying to make their food. However, I eat Fiber One Bars and drink coffee in my room anyway so it didn't bother me. My husband had a little trouble maneuvering through there but it was workable enough. Considering the price, the ability to bring our dogs, and the good quality of beds, pillows, towels, duvet covers, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, etc. You can just overlook how crowded the breakfast is each morning or, do what I did and bring Fiber One Bars. :)

Oh yeah, one final thought. This is the 3rd LaQuinta I have stayed in within the last couple of months and all of them -- even the very nice, newer ones all have stained bathtubs - like silver or dark gray stains -- not like dirt. I think whomever LaQuinta purchased the tubs from in bulk to put in their hotel chains really should be sued because that is the only fault we can ever find in LaQuinta's hotels but it is, without fail, always there. The first time I saw it, I thought it was dirty but now I realize that it is some sort of manufacturer's defect.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kdanielson2011
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is an older property with rooms opening to the outside (no indoor corridors). I'm not a fan of these motels normally but this one is a great value. The rooms & restrooms were very clean. The breakfast area in the lobby is not very large. It was crowded on the morning we tried to eat breakfast so we didn't stay. We were traveling & only stayed one night. It was well worth the economical price we paid!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Hotel was ok and very convenient to Hamilton place mall, local restaurants and the Hamilton YMCA. Room was ok, small but clean...bed were good and felt newer. Bathroom was small and the worst part of the room with visible rust in the tub/shower. Internet was spotty and very slow. I am not a big fan of motels with no inner hotel area and was not familiar with La quinta's set up this way. Breakfast was the standard conteniental with hot waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, and cold/hot cereals.. Staff was generally friendly when making an inquiry but during breakfast some staff and workers took over the breakfast area and were loud...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Southeast Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Just to get it out of the way, this is an older hotel w/outer corridors, not inside hallways. Saving that, this LQ is a fantastic value. It's probably $20-50 cheaper than surrounding hotels, but the rooms are well cared for, the beds comfortable w/duvets and fluffy pillows, really nice plasma flat screen TVs, plenty of space and very clean. There isn't a counter in the accessible room's bathroom, but there is a shelf above the commode that's handy. The roll in shower has a sturdy, built-in bench. Breakfast was good, quite a bit nicer than your standard "continental," with waffles, hard boiled eggs and lots of bagels, breads and cereals. The staff (especially Ashley!) are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. This is a great hotel for a stop-over on your way in or out of Chattanooga (its about 15 minutes out of downtown).

• Stayed October 2011