“Stop Overnight”

Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Waterford, Michigan, USA
“Stop Overnight”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Great Value. Have stayed here five nights in the past months. Pet friendly. Convient location and very close to many fine restaurants and shopping. My wife and I will definitely be staying here on our way to Florida to visit our family.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Paris, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta/Hamilton Place July 17-22, 2012, we were in town for a baseball tournament. The motel was completely full of kids and I thought the staff handled it very well. Everything was clean, bed was very comfortable and the staff was super friendly. The only complaint I have is that our sink was clogged and it took them a couple days to get to it. We chose the LaQuinta mostly based on price and I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. I will definetly stay there again if I am ever in the Chattanooga area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Ginger H
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Date of stay: July 8, 2012, for 1-night stay

I chose this La Quinta Inn on Shallowford road for a couple reasons: #1.) Good rates; and #2.) It was very close to the Chattanooga airport, for the flight the next day, and in fact only 4 miles away, and the very next exit down.

I did spend some time reading reviews of this motel, prior to booking, and I did come across some mixed reviews, however my experience that I had is a favorable one.

Room: I had requested a QUIET room in a QUIET location, because I read how noisy the pool area can be. In fact, after getting there to the property it turns out rooms around the pool area are like an echo-chamber, as the pool is surrounded by motel rooms on 3 out of 4 sides.

Inside the top floor of the quieter room on the opposite side of the pool, I found that the room was surprisingly recently renovated, with carpet in decent condition, attractive-looking bed linens, and all things worked in the room.

It's always the first thing I do upon coming in to the room is inspect to see that all items as the sink, toilet, shower, and air conditioner are in good working order. This La Quinta Inn room passed the test the FIRST time.

The only blemish was an old Q-tip I seen on the floor to the side of the TV set; (cosmetic), probably came out from underneath the vacuum, after chewing it up & vacuum probably spit it back out without housekeeping aware.

The beds felt like they had some mileage on them, especially on the side walls, of the bed, but still okay sleeping, and the pillows were quite fluffed and thick, as they are in La Quinta Inns.

The shower worked well, as did all drains, and so too did the air conditioner.

A bit of a drawback is there was no mini-refrigerator in the room, nor microwave, which was a surprise for a day in age when it should be a standard norm.

The clientele staying here wasn't great, but what can you expect for $49 per night??

About the breakfast:

It seems all of Chattanooga came in to the motel lobby for breakfast. People seemingly arrived by busloads, and it was very competitive in finding a table in the morning.

They served breakfast between 6 AM and 9 AM. Don't come right at 9 AM, because they will be shutting down and you will get left-out, as food gets gobbled away.

They had milk, juice, bagels, a couple different muffin selections, couple different cereals, yogurt, and hot waffles that you could make right there. I also remember them having some apples & bananas for fruit. Of course there's coffee, too, but I didn't require any. They may have had other items, but I can't recall which.

Final note: Only the ice machine outside, behind the front desk by the pool side was working; the one up top for 2nd floor guests in the back wasn't. Also, the motel was difficult finding after the turn-off from Exit #5. They're hidden in the back, behind another motel on the road, so you have to look beyond the fronting of the streets, and look deeper beyond.

If you do choose to stay at this motel, I recommend doing as I did and insist that you get a QUIET room, or you WILL be hearing noisy kids at the pool, (if you get stuck with a pool side room), thru the late evening hours, during the summertime, when kids are out of school.

I'm still pleased to recommend this motel for the budget-conscious. Just bear in mind this is NOT the Waldorf Astoria or Ritz-Carlton, so don't set your expectations too high. Both members of the front desk staff were accomodating and easy to deal with.

Weatherguy1
New Orleans, Louisiana
Date of Review: July 21, 2012

1 Thank weatherguy1
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I and our two young children stayed two nights at this La Quinta. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of both the motel and the staff. Upon checking in, the lady at the desk was very effecient and friendly, and even asked if we needed any extra ammenities or directions to any attractions or restaurants. Our room was VERY clean and comfortable. Our mattresses were new, the bedding crisp and fresh, and all counter spaces spotless. You can tell that the motel is an older one; for example, the carpets are frayed at the edges and the bathtub showed signs of wear. However, the carpets were clean and the tub was well-scrubbed. The pool is small and located in a "courtyard" in the middle of the building. The pool area was clean and easily accessible, and plenty of lounge chairs and picnic tables were provided for guests' comfort. The kids had a wonderful time playing in the pool!
We were located on the first floor near the stairwell. At night, our side of the motel was very quiet; so quiet, in fact, that we thought we were the only ones staying on that side. To our surprise, however, the parking lot was full and every room around us occupied when we woke up for the continental breakfast the next morning! The breakfast is typical continental breakfast fare, but they provide PLENTY to their guests. (They also had a waffle station which was the first I've seen in any place I've stayed).
The only two downsides to this La Quinta are rather small and nit-picky: the coffee provided at breakfast and in the rooms is terrible. It's very watered down tasting and bland. The back of the lobby doubles as the breakfast area-it's pretty small and can get crowded at peak breakfast hours. Other than that our expectations were met and exceeded, and we will definitely keep this motel in mind the next time we venture down to Chattanooga!

Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This is a motel, it has the doors on the outside. The doors have a huge gap so daylight comes thru them. The carpeting in old and frayed. The bed is fine. This is not a place for quit nights rest, you can hear what people are saying in all parts of the motel. The most disgusting part of my stay was the bathtub, it has dirt imbedded into the floor. I never tried their breakfast. The pool is not very inviting. The only good thong I can say is the folks at the front desk are very pleasant. Keep on looking, do not stay here. The reviews are right on the money.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hector L
birmingham
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We have stayed at many La Quinta Inn's all over, so we were a little suprised at the conditions. I will first say this really is a motel (your door opens to the outside) and not a hotel ( where your door opens to to a hallway inside). There is not a microwave or mini frig in the room. You did have access to a icemaker downstairs by the pool. The bathtub in our room was stained and there was some left over hair from the previous guests on the tile floor and in the tub. There was a coffee maker in the room. However, on our first night we noticed that all the supplies were missing to make the coffee. It was fixed the next day when room service came. The carpets probably need to be cleaned or replaced as they had multiple stains.

The other things that made it a horrible stay was the fact that there were alot of guests that were a group but in multiple rooms that were very loud (slamming doors, running up and down stairs and talking loud right outside te rooms) into the wee hours of the morning. We did complain to the front desk at the beginning of our night 2 but were told that the police had been called. I will say night 2 just as bad as the first.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JJ6709
michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was an unpleasant stay from the check-in on. We arrived late in the evening after a 10 hour drive only to be kept waiting by the front desk clerk who was having a long drawn out conversation with another guest, (probably about ten minutes) by the time she got to me there was a line of 4 or 5 people behind me. When we got to our room we were dismayed by the condition of the room. The carpet was filthy with big black stains, the curtains were stained and in very poor condition, and the tile floor in the bathroom area was kind of sticky and not very clean. I went to the front desk to request another room, but the clerk said that they were full, and that nothing else was available. Since it was late and we were exhausted, we stayed the night, but will never make that mistake again. This was our first experience with La Quinta, and if we based our opinion on this particular property, we would never stay at another La Quinta again. We had however, prebooked another room in Tipp City, OH on this trip which was very nice. It is a shame that LaQuinta allows properties like the one on Shallowford Rd to operate, it makes it really difficult to have confidence in the brand.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel