“Clean and Budget-Friendly”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This motel is older, with parking outside the room doors, and not impressive from the outside. The breakfast area is combined with the front desk, there is little grass (though pets are welcome) and the parking lot is crowded. The room was small and the bed not as deeply soft as some nicer inns. On the other hand, it had the basics we expect and was quite clean, with a recently renovated bathroom. As a place to stay while on the road, it was comfortable for us and our pet dog, and priced right.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stood at this hotel 7-28 thru 8-4 for a ASA softball tournament.rooms were small but clean . housekeeping staff was awesome. however I do have a complaint. I wish the pool would stay open longer. atleast till 11pm . a couple of times we would be having some drinks and the staff would close the pool so we found the only place to relocate was the lobby. Omg! that's when the front desk staff got upset and yelled at us to be quiet one staff member treated us like dogs and started clapping and telling us to be quiet. if the pool didn't close so early we wouldn't have to be in there. another issue was my toilet keep over flowing. they did offer to move me but I declined it would have been to much to move a family of 5 plus luggage. wifi was slow and would turn off and on. breakfast was the norm.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room was in need of paint, new furniture, and a new bathroom. It smelled damp like a basement and was not very clean. The wi-fi was hit or miss, only working about half of the time. It was noisy and busy. As a woman traveling alone, I did not feel totally safe, which may have attributable in part to the outside entrance. A nice thing was that my dog was welcome. The bad part was there was very little appropriate area to walk him. The bed was comfortable and the price is low, which are the reasons I gave this room two stars. The breakfast was basic, but fine.

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the same exit, which is very nice. If they would have allowed pets, I would have stayed there. I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family I stayed at this same hotel a few years ago while visiting the Chattanooga area. I actually wrote a glowing review here on TripAdvisor. The experience was fabulous and there was absolutely no hesitation to book here when we were planning a return trip this July. However, this experience was a far cry from our last stay. We booked two ground level floors for 5 days. We asked for adjoining or side by side rooms. Upon arriving, we were told that our rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel....not good! Thankfully, Doreen was quick to help and was able to find us two next to each other. One room smelled of smoke even though they were supposed to be non smoking. Both rooms were clean and close to what I had remembered so that was a plus. The problems came a day or two later....First, our rooms were not CLEANED daily. The beds were made and the towels replaced but the trash was left full, floors left unvacuumed, and toiletries not replenished. Our key cards seemed to be glitch from day one and took several times to swipe before unlocking. However, on day 3 they stopped working all together! We found ourselves locked completely out of our room. Went to the front desk and Doreen was working. Bless her heart she was all alone up there with no help at all which made it difficult to even leave the desk to come and look at our door. She did come out tried to recode it....nothing. She then went back to the office to call her boss because the maintenance man was gone and was in Alabama for a few days. WHAT??? What hotel does not staff an onsite or at least local maintenance man? After calling her boss, she then tried to recode it several more times. She was then in full panic mode as were we. Eventually, she gave my husband permission to dismantle the lock and door knob....which then again did nothing. These doors have NO emergency entry of any sort and are absolutely a FIRE HAZARD!! After an hour and a half stuck outside our room with none of our stuff and me close to breaking the window....Doreen saved the day and was able to recode it and let us in. In all fairness they did comp us one day for the headache but I am more concerned that there is no emergency way in. Thankfully my children were in the other room at the time.

This hotel is in a GREAT location as far as things to do outside of downtown Chattanooga. However it is in serious need of some attention by the La Quinta Corp. There is no where near enough staff here. Never should one individual be asked to oversee the hotel by themselves as Doreen did. This was very stressful for her and not at all fair. They need to hire new housekeeping because who ever was supposed to clean our rooms did not do their job at all. There needs to be a local maintenance man to handle problems that arise at all hours of the day and night. The building needs to be updated or at least repaired as we saw many things that were broken and falling apart. And safety issues need to be addressed and resolved before there is a tragedy! I was so embarrassed and disappointing in this stay and unfortunately will not return. Thank you Doreen for all of your help!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The cost of this hotel was one of the least expensive in the Chattanooga area! It is centrally located to everywhere we wanted to go, close to the mall and downtown. It is an older hotel with outside entrances, so if you want an inside entrance this would not be the hotel for you. The rooms are not very sound proof from outside noises, but for the price and updated rooms, this hotel is very economical for families on a limited budget! The Staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. We had 2 rooms...a King Suite and a King Guest Room. My one year old Grandson loved the amount of room he had to play and the two rooms separated by a door, made the Suite a great room for a couple with an infant needing naps and early bedtime. My Guest Room was also very spacious! Sharnelle cleaned my room during my 5 day stay! She was amazing! Not only did she do her job well, but she was very friendly and helped make my stay comfortable and GREAT! Thank you Sharnelle!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I don't rate this hotel high because it smelled like smoke in our room. Pillows and linen smelled also. It really seemed like we were in a motel. I don't like that the door is out front not like a traditional hotel. I don't recommend it at all. We ended up moving next door to Staybridge for the time we were on town.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The room was very dirty. The sofa bed had dirty linens on it with brown specks that I really hope were not dead bugs. Dirt in the corners of every room, large gouges out of the dry wall on the top of the wall. We started speculating what happened - did someone jump up with a tire iron? Was there something trapped in the wall?

I went down to get a blanket to add to the clean sheets (only top sheet and bottom sheet) that were left for the sofa bed and the receptionist told me "We don't have blankets. No hotels do." - which is ridiculous. She gave me some extra sheets but my kids were cold. They also said the sofa bed springs were digging into them all night. The sofa bed also was uneven so their heads hung down much lower than their feet. The sofa bed was placed so that if you pulled it out, you couldn't get in or out of the door (fire hazard).

Had to wait about 10 minutes for the receptionist to come to the front desk to check in, when she came she was dismissive, rude and just gave us no information. I had no idea when check in/check out was or what time the breakfast was served. Only positive comment was that the wifi worked well.

Lots of sketchy people on the balconies of this hotel watching us as we checked in making sure we locked and double locked our trailer. Dirty stairwells with a definite urine smell.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel, especially if you plan to use the sofa bed.