“NOT ONE OF THE BETTER LAST QUINTA HOTELS BEDS NEDD REPLACING”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was not the best La Quinta we stayed in during our holiday mainly due to the beds needing replacing as they sunk if the middle also the carpets felt damp. The breakfast was as good as usual with no problems other than mentioned.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sango61

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Average/Good La Quinta there. Renovated hotel, clean rooms. Breakfast space is ok, with helpful employees. We could checked in very rapidly, no particular problem except a broken cart that prevented us to use it. Location is good, next to many restaurants and the mall, next to the highway. We stayed for 2 nights (2 adults, 2 kids and 1 dog) and everything went fine. If you go there, ask for a bedroom not too close to the pool or on the 2nd floor, to avoid any noise during the night: people like discussing next to your window, next to the pool, in the middle of the night (we had it on the 2nd night).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed overnight on our way through town. This is an older building and the doors opened to the outside. Our door sometimes would not work from the outside, and we would not have been able to get in if someone were not inside to let us in, there was a cigarette burn hole in the bedspread, and I think there was a homeless person sleeping in the stairwell (I heard him coughing at 4am when I had to walk my dog, but I did not investigate further...). Breakfast was good and the staff was very nice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Affordable, very clean room and the service from staff were great. Close to Shopping malls, Highways, Grocery store, Restaurant and downtown attractions. This is my 3rd time staying at a LaQunita Inn would not stay at any other hotels, plus they offer free nights

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had originally planned to stay at the other La Quinta in Chattanooga which is located in an industrial area of town. However as a single female driving across the country on my own the location, poor lighting, and shady people hanging around the downtown hotel pushed me to changed hotels. I stopped at this La Quinta because the hotel is pet friendly and I was traveling with my two labs. The location of the hotel was much better. There are a lot of restaurants and other hotels in the area and it is right off the highway. The front desk staff also made me feel very welcome and were very friendly. The rooms were on the exterior of the hotel which always makes me a bit nervous, but I did not have any issues. The room itself was comfortable and clean but wasn't really anything special. Really the only major gripe that I do have is that for being a pet-friendly hotel there is very minimal grass for pets to do their business on. I had to walk my dogs all the way around to hotel to find a place for them to go. We just stayed for a night and overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Kensley B
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at this motel between dropping our son off at Space Camp and heading to Gatlinburg. The location is great. Although not downtown, it is close to interstate and within walking distance of several restaurants. If you aren't paying really, really close attention you will pass the entrance to this motel.

I have stayed in a few La Quinta's when they were a newer hotel chain. They seemed to have standards that provided a sense of cleanliness, comfort and care. Based on those experiences, the super low price we got this room for and the photos online I went ahead and booked. However, it wasn't quite the same experience.

First, the desk staff were possibly not trained in customer service. They were sitting in the dining area when I first walked in and they didn't bother to get up until they determined I was there to check in. (This hotel is back off the road surrounded by other hotels, restaurants and gas stations. I obviously wasn't there to ask directions.) When I forgot my wallet in the car and had to go back to get it I got an eye roll. But, like all Adaptive Travelers, I am there to get the most out of the property so I overlooked the bad manners. Although I booked our two rooms with the request of adjoining weeks in advance, that didn't happen. When we did get to our room several doors down we only had to open the door to know we couldn't stay there. The room had such an intense cigarette (or other smoke) smell I got a headached just walking in and did not want my clothes smelling like that for the rest of my vacation. We went and asked for another room and after another eye roll and a dozen sighs we were finally given another room at the furthest possible side from our in-laws. (I'm not complaining!) That room didn't smell. I wouldn't walk around the room without socks or flip flops but, other than that, it was what I would expect at that price point.

We took our kids to the pool which was packed. There were lots of unsupervised children. Some even ripped the rope apart. I walked into the lobby to use the restroom and overheard the desk worker tell someone she didn't care what anyone did at the pool as long as they were out by ten.

The breakfast was pretty much non-existent. My son and husband had to walk to the gas station next door and get a packaged cinnamon roll. They did have coffee to go around.

Bottom line. . . They did a good job taking photos because it isn't exactly like the photos. If you call the hotels surrounding La Quinta and tell them the price they are offering, you can get one of their rooms for $5 to $10 bucks more a night and it is totally worth it. This place has no security and was filled with some shady characters. I wasn't even comfortable going to the soda machine alone.

I do want to note that the person doing laundry was working his TAIL OFF! That guy should be in charge. He was friendly, helpful and didn't stop working the entire time we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for a view of the pool. The outside rooms get a little noisy with the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AdaptiveTraveller
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The staff was excellent! Check in was pain-less. The room was okay, it is in an older building so there is not much they can do except for the inside of the room. The room was clean, the fridge and microwave were a little bit of an eyesore. The price was right and there is no pet fee which is nice when traveling with a pet. It is in a good spot for food, fuel and shopping. Like I said the staff was great but the building is outdated and the rooms could've been better, but it got the job done for a nights stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family