“The worst place I've ever stayed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Chattanooga Lookout Mountain

Howard Johnson Chattanooga Lookout Mountain
Ranked #71 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Stafford, Virginia
“The worst place I've ever stayed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

The rooms were dingy and in need of repairs. The room smelled when we went in and after viewing the web photos for this location we thought we were in the wrong hotel. I sent the company my complaints and received a auto generated message that I would get a response in 72 hours. It's been over a week and nothing. This hotel should be closed

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

All I was looking for was a decent place to sleep on my way to somewhere else. Well, this place provided that, but little else. This hotel has outside hallways so I was actually glad I was on the 2nd floor. I never saw an elevator so I don't know if there was one available or not. I was disappointed that parking was so limited anywhere near my room. There was another hotel about 30 feet from mine and their parking was in the same area as my hotel. Both are Choice hotels so I'm sure they felt sharing parking was fine. The Quality Inn has no fitness room and pool but guests are allowed to use the facilities at the adjacent hotel.

The staff were friendly and courteous. The rooms have definitely seen better days, but the bed was comfortable enough. Breakfast was ok, but I have two complaints: the cups for juice were about the size of the cups you get with children's tylenol, and the white gravy was only lukewarm.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fankiemac
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Went to a wedding a the Tennessee River Place and needed to spend 2 nights close by. The Quality Inn is right next to the Comfort Inn and are owned by the same people. not very friendly staff and the room was clean but very dated. The first room was so smokey there was no way we could stay. the 2nd was better. parking is very limited. The beds were comfortable. The linens were clean. The TV remote did not work properly.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed here on 3/31/11 as a last resort after driving all day. The lobby seemed nice enough and they had available rooms. When we got into the room (1:00AM) we noticed it was dirty, but there was not enough light in the room to really investigate (you have to walk halfway into room to turn on a light). When we woke the next morning, it was clear that the room had not been vacuumed previous to our stay and there were cigarette burns in the bedding, plus the room smelled of ?. The Manager at night was rude, the indoor pool was covered and they offered the pool next door which was disgusting. This place should be condemned, it is amazing that they have the nerve to charge people to stay at this dump. At all costs, avoid this hole.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
      Rooms
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

No kidding! I took a bed bug class, so i checked the hotel bed before unpacking and UCK found lots of crawling BUGS. I freaked and left the room. Our friend and my husband went into the room doubting me so they pulled the sheets off. LOTS of bugs and a Hyperdermic needle was on the mattress!!!!
We LEFT and they re-rented the room to unsuspecting travelors. Our GROUP got wind the next morning and everyone checked out and went to a new clean hotel. FIRST time i ever saw BED bugs in a hotel... disgusting... the owner did NOT care Choice Hotels is the owner.... they own lots of brands not just Quality Inn.. Travelers Beware... in my opinion they are disgusting....

• Stayed October 2010
Morrow, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Found the room less than suitable. Wall had exposed wiring where the fire alarm was suppose to be. The fire alarm was disassembled on the bureau. Carpet was not vacuumed which means when you walked across the carpet you collected unclean things on your feet which went onto the bed sheets. The tub water would not drain, so even though I took a shower I stood in dirty water. Friends found bugs crawling in their bed when they pulled back the bed sheets. Also they found a hypodermic needle under the sheets. Was told by the front desk that our friends were lying about the bugs, even though we were eye wittnesses to the bugs. Our friends were given the opportunity to stay in another filty room which they did not accept. The group we traveled with had similar experiences and most of us checked out and went to the Hampton Inn. Even though the Hampton was about $20 more a night, it was worth sleeping in a clean comfortable bug free room. I would never stay here again nor the Comfort Inn which is across from the Quality. Both motels are owned by the same person.

Stayed October 2010
Lebanon, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

bedbugs, roaches, non-working plumbing, dirty floors, unmade beds, rude management, OTHER ITEMS TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION, this had to have been the worst experience in all of my stays in motels. There was a group of 27 Goldwing motorcycles touring the area and staying in this motel...after the first night 20 of us checked out and went to a nicer place (super 8)

• Stayed October 2010