“Plain Jane”

Howard Johnson Chattanooga Lookout Mountain
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was just a plain motel, nothing fancy. It was pretty clean but the Air Conditioning unit took all night to catch up. Breakfast was pretty much basic and nothing to fancy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Room was farily clean but old. A little musty smell but not bad! It was not as bad as some people review it. It was nice for the price. Some people want to pay the price for a Quality Inn and get the accomodations of Marriot and it's not going to happen. would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have been reading all other reviews for this hotel and its not bad at all. We paid 150.00 for two nights its in a ok location with everything a mile away. The rooms were clean and we had no problems with noises or anything. If you are looking to save money to have more to spend doing stuff this a great hotel. After all your only in them to sleep. When we come back I will return here. :) #happycustomer.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jess4work5
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Very clean place quite room did not hear anything from other rooms

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I'm sitting at the breakfast room at this hotel now. I use my choice privilege points to get this and that is the only reason I'm staying. I'm trying to eat cold biscuits with the cheap "sausage gravy" but no sausage. Lol. There is no milk, no water, and no meat.
The rooms are not very clean and the hotel has alot of kids. We couldn't really get into the pool last night because there was so many kids. I do not recommend this hotel - I found nothing good.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Sad12181
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I'm not one to be very particular when renting a room. However, when I entered my room "#225" I do what I always do on my initial entry. I do a quick scan of the room for overall cleanliness. BUT,,, as soon as I opened the door, OMG! The stench of what seemed to be 100 men smoking cheap cigars lingered in the air. Luckily, I always travel with a bottle of Febreeze, and Lysol. Once I got the room to an acceptable smell I continued my preparation for my stay. I pulled off the bed comforter onto the floor and pushed it into a corner. My girlfriend was on her phone while I was inspecting the room. She was so kind as not to complain about the long drive, or even the stinky room....until.... As she ended her call she started laughing and pointed towards the Bedskirt beneath the head of the bed. There it was. It looked like ...well... white dripping fluids which had dried as it ran down the bedskirt's edge. I mde a joking comment and said I wasn't sleeping on that side of the bed. My girlfriend knew i was kidding as I she knows I would never make her sleep near what appeared to be DNA remnants from a stranger's sexual encounter. But wait! It gets better. As I did my bedbugs inspection, I went to the other side of the bed and found a larger deposit of dried fluid. I did not find any signs of bedbugs. But the unacceptable stench of the room, the disgusting bedskirt was reason enough for me to never stay here again. Oh, did I fail to mention the dark red stains I found at the entry door? Was that blood?? C.S.I. would have a field day in there.

Room Tip: Check the Internet for reviews PRIOR to your stay. I wish i did
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Remark504
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The rooms were dingy and in need of repairs. The room smelled when we went in and after viewing the web photos for this location we thought we were in the wrong hotel. I sent the company my complaints and received a auto generated message that I would get a response in 72 hours. It's been over a week and nothing. This hotel should be closed

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family