“ok basic motel”

SureStay Plus Hotel Chattanooga Hamilton Place
Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 19 July 2011

room was somewhat nicer then the outside of hotel would lead you to believe. no frills, breakfast wasnt impressive, but adequate to get your day started. check in and check out clerk was the same guy, he could have been a little more friendly. kinda ticked me off that he wouldnt honor his coupon price because of some "event going on" as he stated it, even though i think the only cars in the lot was ours and his. fairly quiet area, food nearby. was nice to have an elevator so we didnt have to haul our luggage up stairs. i didnt see a pool or anything. wi-fi worked fine. i would stay again at the coupon price, not sure at regular price though.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wildcat5415

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Convienent location just north of I-75 on Shallowford Road. Very convienent to shopping just south of I-75 off Shallowford and if you go south a few blocks and turn Right on Gunbarrel Road tons more restaurants and shopping. Short drive to tourist sites via I-75 and connecting with I-24. Room was very quiet. I had a King bed with sofa sleeper, microwave, and fridge for $70.30. Room was clean and had ironing board and iron.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sojourner1208
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I had a clean, up-to-date, decent-sized room with a king bed, TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. Everything was in good working order. Hotel is in a convenient location. I felt secure. Entry to the hotel outside doors were either through the office area or via the electronic room key. Included continental breakfast was basic. I enjoyed the raisin bran cereal and cinnamon rolls. The staff were very pleasant. Rates were excellent although taxes in Chattanooga are evidently very high! Site I booked through showed total price or I would have been very surprised.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This is a terrible hotel. The property itself is not that bad. It's been recently touched up, and is in a good location. It is quiet, with quick access to the airport, food, and shopping.
What makes it terrible is the manager. He is by far and away the rudest hotel owner/operator I have ever encountered in my 45 years of travels worldwide. Why he even runs a hotel is beyond me. He swears at his customers, and the breakfast that they have is a joke. We booked two nights but got our money back for the second and left after the first night. Stay here at your own peril.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We booked through hotels.com many times before and were very pleased but this was awful. The wallpaper was peeling and hanging off the walling in the hallways on the way up to the room. When we got to the room it was terrible..The toilet handle had to be held down the the entire time the toilet was flushing to get it to flush. The pillows were so flat that the four of us had to go out and buy extra pillows to stay the night. The carpet felt crusty when you walked on it in your bare feet which suggested that the carpets hadnt seen a steam cleaner in a long long time. The dust sitting on the head boards had been building up there for many months. It was a smoking room and there was about 20 different places on the bathroom vanity that was burned. When I called down to the front desk to tell them that with four of us in the room that there were only towels for two they told me that I would have to come to the front desk if I wanted more towels. Terrible service. The breakfast was contentinal and I don't expect much but I expect it to be edible and look appealing. I wouldn't have eaten anything that they had sitting out there. And the tables are for two and there are a total of three tables in the eating area. This is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel and I've done alot of traveling. I was able to cancel out of the second night and stay at a lovely hotel down the street and hotel.com upon reviewing my complain have given me a voucher to use in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 April 2008

very very disappointing , restroom was nasty , hair on sheets , free breakfast ??? !!!! jelly was old and hard O J funny taste coffee old and no milk . Gave coupon to lady on counter she said i can use it . paid with my credit card when my bill came i got extra charge . very unpleasent stat will never stay in knights inn again wrist motel i ever stayed in . Block away i also stayed at Ramada LTD great service clean rooms fresh breakfast , bigger room and best of all cheaper price and you do not get double charge on your credit card

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tkory
Reviewed 26 November 2007

My girlfriends and I came up to shop, and stayed there the day after Thanksgiving. During the night, one of us got up to use the restroom, noticing the water in the toilet would not go down. They had turned off our cold water during the morning hours stating that our toilet was running, and they didn't want to wake us to tell us, so they turned off our water. We had HOT water only. This is totally uncalled for, and unacceptable, which is what I told the folks working there.

Stayed: November 2007