“Saturday Night Is Party Time!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #69 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Vero Beach, Florida
“Saturday Night Is Party Time!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed one Saturday night on a trip through the area and chose this hotel on the basis of TA reviews. The hotel was a Comfort Inn until very recently, and it was in very good shape overall, room a bit worn but quite clean, no complaints. It seemed to us, however, that this hotel has found a solid local following as a good place to come and go from while enjoying night-life in Chattanooga. Around 9:30 or 10:00PM, we heard the first of the noisy hallway conversations and repeated door slamming that would go on all night. Every so often, it would be quiet for a while and we'd go to sleep, only to be awakened again and again by slamming doors, etc. Eventually we gave up and left at 3:15AM, starting our days travels early..too early. WE cannot comment on the breakfast, of course. The desk clerk, when checking us out was unconcerned.
We would never stay here on a weekend. Maybe it is better at other times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place used to be a Comfort Inn, but due to the rules of the company, switched over to a Rodeway Inn in 2013. The rooms are still as good as they were as a Comfort Inn, and the staff is the same, and just as nice. Breakfast still has some pretty good selections: cereal, waffles, muffins, etc.

It's located in a quiet area on the northeast side of town. You're a couple of miles away from Hamilton Place, as well as about any retail place you could possibly think of.

The only downside is that the price of staying here still reflects a Comfort Inn, and not a Rodeway Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor, facing north (at least) have balconies, if that's your thing.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank milbfan
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel is a bit hard to find, but was clean and comfortable enough. It's in an office park and, aside from a delivery truck next door for a few minutes, very quiet. Breakfast was a little heavy on sugar and carb stuff, but still better than many Rodeways.
We also noticed the strange hall odor, reminded me of the stuff used to try and remove smoking smells.
Accessibility was a bit tight but workable. Someone had parked on the parking lane line next to us, which limited our space and made it hard to unload a van lift. Some planters on the sidewalk provided a nice touch but required weaving to get around.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

I thought I was walking into a mess of a hotel, but it turns out, its not that bad! The hallway has an oder that I'm obviously not use to, but the room was well organized, also without bad oder. One thing I didn't like was not having conditioner already in my room. I went to the front desk and asked for it, and he was very nice about it! Pleasent man.

• Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My Fiance' and I took a spur of the moment trip to Chattanooga to visit the Aquarium. Having lived in the area before, I knew the location and how to get around. We had no problems at C/I, or C/O. (I've worked front desks for about 20 years). Very friendly staff and a very secure location, After reading some of the past reviews, I can only assume they must have updated recently, as the room was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was a pillow top, so we slept great. We heard no traffic noise unless the patio door was open The computer in the lobby, however would barely access the internet, so we just decided not to use it for security concerns. The only real problem was there was a wood tick on one of the towels, and my Fiance' was bitten by what I can assume would be fleas. I know bedbug problems, and what the bites look like, and these were not them, fortunately. We left a note with the morning desk clerk, so hopefully they will have their Maint. personnel simply spray down the room. I would recommend Ortho Home Defense. Other than that everyone was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank STER40
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was a very nice hotel and convienent. It was close to mall and many restaraunts. Room was very large and well decorated. The front office staff was very helpful. The food choices for breakfast were fine.

Room Tip: Nice large suite room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony S
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I made my choice to rest our heads here. Simple hotel , nice nothing fancy. Found one of those coupons at the rest stops in Tennesee which was an incredible offer I was a able to get two rooms for a great price, one for us and the other for the teenagers. Breakfast included (waffles eggs sausage basics etc) Service was great! Will stay again on my way back thru!

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Econo Lodge Airport
Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah
Best Western Heritage Inn
Best Western Heritage Inn
#23 of 97 in Chattanooga

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!