“Great food, Great environment”
Review of Ankar's Hoagies

Ankar's Hoagies
Ranked #100 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Ankar's Hoagies was established in 1979 with a desire to provide the Chattanooga community with quality lunches and dinners at a reasonable price. With a wide variety of selections, featuring flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East, as well as classic American sandwiches, we know that once you've tried us you'll be back for more. In addition to 2 locations, one in Brainerd, and one in Hixson, Ankar's provides catering services as well.
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is one of our favorite places to go. The food is great, the environment is great. The staff is very laid-back and nice. It is very clean. The Steak-in-a-Sac is our favorite, it is a must-try with pepper-jack cheese. The prices are a bit higher than most fast-food, but this really isn't fast food, it is restaurant quality food.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed this place for years- they do things right and no matter what you order is always good and a serving size that won't leave you going away hungry.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Had the steak pieta and it was very good.....the onion rings while a little pricy ($4) they are well worth it. Simply the best onion ring I have ever eaten. It is just a sandwich shop and nothing fancy. The food is good, simple, and reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I've had about all of their sandwiches and I love them all! Onion rings and fries are fantastic. Gyros and steak subs and steak in a sack are as good as it gets in my book.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Extensive menu has something for all in my family. I love the Special Hoagie sandwich and the kids like the fries and rings. The service is quick and easy. I wish it had a drive through.