All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanpancake machinewould definitely stay here againbreakfast attendantparking feeindoor poolking suiteperfect staylight sleeperyogurtbreakfast barconvenient locationbusiness centerbreakfast was excellentgreat room
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is a reasonably priced place to stay when visiting Chattanooga. There is nothing altogether special about it. Rooms were clean and staff was attentive though a smidge un-professional. On the down side here are the downsides: 1) the beds are extremely firm and I am someone who likes my select comfort bed at home on the firm side so that is saying a lot. 2) Chattanooga has a disease about every hotel charging to park. Ummm Holiday Inn 99% of the people who stay at your hotel drive there - please include the $3 charge in the room rate. It is an open ungated surface lot for crying out loud and finally 3) my room (which was a suite) was not ready at the check in time and after being told it would be 15 minutes, we left and came back 30 minutes later and they still had to dig up housekeeping to get the room ready.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks for your comments about your stay. I am glad you chose to stay with us. I am sorry you had to wait to get checked into your room. We have been working hard and training new staff members. I hope if and when you return in the future this will not be an issue.

Thanks

Reviewed 20 February 2014

If you need place to stay for a day or two and need access to central Chattanooga, this is the place .
Only three floors so there is very little wait for an elevator. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a desk and chair. Every room has a refrigerator and microwave in addition to the coffee pot and complimentary coffee. The continental breakfast was adequate. Hot cereal, fruit and rolls. No waffle maker but scrambled eggs and sausage were good. The hot cinnamon rolls were good, not outstanding. For a plus, there is a USA Today at the door in the morning.
We stayed there twice in January. Check in and checkout were with little effort on our part.
Worth a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Les E
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay I am so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. Sorry we didn't have a waffle maker, but we do have a pancake machine. I hope you come back to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a mini vacation for Valentines Day weekend and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn located in Downtown Chattanooga! Its in a great location, close to everything downtown and the Aquarium! The staff and room were both excellent and the breakfast is awesome! My only MINOR complaint is that the water pressure in the shower was low but I am sure a new shower head would probably fix this problem. We are priority members and we love staying at Holiday Inn's because the breakfast is HUGE and always awesome. The service is always wonderful!!! We have never stayed at a Holiday Inn that we have not enjoyed! Thanks for another great stay Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The-Duchess14

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay. I am so glad that we could make your vacation even better. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a great hotel - another Holiday Inn Express with a lot going for it -

- great location - downtown Ch'nooga
- fantastic service - check in lady Samantha was awesome; very friendly. she got a roller bed for our girl; made some friendly banter with her
- nice cosy room (most Inn rooms are nice)
- decent price though 100+ is on the higher side; could be coz it is downtown
- nice breakkie
- great lounge

Not so great?

- hmm..

highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bharat I
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate your needs. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Jfoster

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We went to Chattanooga on a whim one Saturday evening - after checking a few hotels (who were charging close to $200 a night), we found this place. The rate was reasonable at $99 per night. Samantha the night desk person was fantastic - check in was a breeze, they brought over a crib for my 2 year old and the room was large and comfortable. The parking was free since I am a member of this hotel group. The free breakfast was pretty adequate.

The Only Complaint and weird feature I saw was - our room (#414) had NO Black Out blinds...That was really weird. I don't know if it was a flaw in the room or the hotel itself. Thank goodness it was October - so the sun didnt shine in till it was around 7:30 AM - i cannot imagine what it would be like in summer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to post a comment on Trip advisor. I am so gald that we were able to accomodate your needs while you were here. Please come back and stay with us again in the future.

Jfoster