Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm afraid it's a bit of an exaggeration to say this hotel is in the downtown area as it simply isn't. While clean and tidy my room was on the 2nd floor facing the street outside. With the passing traffic it sounded as if the cars were actually going through my room, add to this a very noisy AC unit and sleep was virtually impossible. The lift was bust too during my stay but that happens everywhere from time to time, I was there at the weekend and a repair crew was there Monday morning. The staff were decent it has to be said. Oh a handy piece of info is that there is a good city diner just down the street which is open 24 hrs for all hungry travellers. Also don't know why parking is $3 per night as it isn't downtown.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank desoriordan
Samantha J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while you were staying with us. We do strive to offer a pleasant nights stay at a reasonable rate. I do hope that in the future you will give us another try. If I can assist you in any way about your stay I would love to speak to you about it. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was really disappointed with this visit. I stayed here before and was so impressed, upon making another visit to Chattanooga' I wanted to stay here again. I talked to make reservations so when me and my boyfriend arrived there were only two rooms left... A king room and a handicap room. The front desk clerk just took it upon herself to give us the handicap room. She had mentioned the only difference was lower counter, bed and shower (no tub just shower). Well she lied. The handicap room is much smaller. For $120 a night I expect a regular room. After getting over my frustration I went down stairs to get side coffee. I began sipping it only to find out it was cold. I thought OK I'll just hat it up in or room... Well surprise ! the microwave doesn't work!! So I called the don't desk and her solution was to come to the lobby to use theirs! I was really disappointed on this visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Kimberly R,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the room condition. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I would rate this hotel as being one of the best in the HI Express system. Outstanding Service, Great Rooms, Nice Breakfast assortment and room layout. I liked the fact that is was not right downtown but only 1 minute from anything. VERY VERY quiet. There was a swimming competition in the TN River so the hotel was full of swimmers. Never heard a peep. Easy in and out to the Interstate. Very professional staff and great rooms. My first time in this hotel - not my last.

Room Tip: All rooms quiet and all have great location and views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying again very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My father and I spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. We were there to see the aquarium. We had an awesome time. The site is about 2-3 miles from the aquarium and is in a very picturesque part of downtown Chattanooga. The staff was amaziing. Samantha was one of the gals at the front desk. She went out of her way to make us comfortable. The breakfast was nice and the rooms were very clean. If Dad and I ever travel to Chattanooga, we will be staying at this lovely place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We are so glad that you and your father enjoyed your stay here in our fine city and that we could be a part of that experience. Samantha is a great associate and was happy to take care of your needs while here. We do hope when you are in our area again that you will keep our brand in mind. Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were just here for the night, but it was a good night.
We flew into Nashville and then drove to Chattanooga, so it was a long day.
Check in was very easy and the front desk staff very friendly. Our room was nice, nothing
special, but nice and clean. The bed was very nice and we both had a great night sleep.
Will we stay here again, yes

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I am glad that we could accommodate your needs after a long day. We look forward to having you back again soon. Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed on a Family Holiday in April , just for 3 nights, as we were moving on to Nashville. If our itinerary had not been planned, we would of liked to have stayed longer at this Hotel and area. The Hotel, Area, Staff & Food were 10 out of 10. We cannot praise the girl on the check in desk enough, Samantha was always smiling, and gave us a lot of information on where to go etc. The FREE breakfast in the morning was amazing., just so much to choose from. A lady called Dawn did an excellent job, and even cooked me more bacon, after it had run out. The Beds gave us the best nights sleep, so comfortable and clean. We shall return here, one day. Only moan was having to pay for the Parking in Hotel Car park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan F

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Becoming a IHG member will cover your parking fees in the future. If you are interested please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to set you a membership for the next time you visit us. It also has great benefits if you are a family that does a lot of traveling. Again I am glad you chose our brand and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was more than pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was very, very clean; we had housekeeping service daily. The breakfast that is included with your room is not your standard "muffin, cereal, coffee" breakfast. Cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy, pancakes, fruit, cinnamon rolls, juice. Every day. Always hot and fresh. The woman working in the dining area was very nice and helpful. She kept everything well-stocked and dining area clean. Which brings me to the best thing about this hotel - the employees. The front desk employees were very nice, very helpful and always cheerful. Housekeeping was very helpful with our requests for extra towels, etc. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Meg K

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy that we could make your stay a great one. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.