“Good quality hotel at a reasonable rate” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Franklin, Tennessee
“Good quality hotel at a reasonable rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel isn't In the heart of downtown, so be aware that you can't walk to places like the Aquarium, the river, or restaurants. However, it suited our needs. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The lobby was clean and inviting. Our room was clean and had the fresh clean smell. You could smell the bleach on the sheets but not obnoxiously so. Just enough to feel confident. This may have been one of few experiences where I didn't see hair behind the bathroom door! It may not bother some but it does for me because it usually means dirt is just being pushed around by a mop. Good job, housekeepers! Thank you! My only complaint was the bed was too hard for my liking.

We didn't partake in breakfast but sat in the dining area with a great cup of coffee! There are flavored creamers and the station was fully stocked. The breakfast foods looked decent, especially with it included in the price. We didn't know there would be a parking fee but it was minimal. I read from another TripAdvisor member that if you are a HI member, the fee is waived. Didn't think to ask. We didn't sign in with our membership number.

Overall great experience! Would return to this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MsLisaS
Samantha J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are pleased to have offered you a great experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you all coming back to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

To be considered downtown, this hotel is not in walking distance to restaurants and such. However, this hotel offers a very reasonable parking fee (IHG members can even park free) Public parking has never been an issue on my visits to Chattanooga so the minute or two drive is no big deal to get to where you need to go. Most of the hotels downtown have higher rates and charge for parking so if you are looking for a better value, this hotel is it. If has an indoor pool and offers a complimentary breakfast which again, is more for your money. The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather J
Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are pleased to offer you a great experience. We look forward to having you return again.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stopped by the property as I was lost trying to find another hotel I was booked at in the area. The young gal at the front desk was extremely helpful and took pride on showing me the best way to the other hotel (a competitor) and was also happy to point out other areas of interest in the city as well as by my hotel. The lobby and overall property looked almost brand new. I will absolutely put this hotel on my top 5 list for future consideration the next time I am in Chattanooga.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We do greatly appreciate your feedback. We are sorry for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. We will take into account your thoughts and concerns for the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We are pretty big fans when it comes to holiday inn express hotels because we have had good luck with them, and this one was no exception. Our room was clean, our bathroom was clean, the shower was nice, breakfast was good, the staff was friendly, we couldn't have asked for much more, very nice place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so glad that we could meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful day!
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I'm afraid it's a bit of an exaggeration to say this hotel is in the downtown area as it simply isn't. While clean and tidy my room was on the 2nd floor facing the street outside. With the passing traffic it sounded as if the cars were actually going through my room, add to this a very noisy AC unit and sleep was virtually impossible. The lift was bust too during my stay but that happens everywhere from time to time, I was there at the weekend and a repair crew was there Monday morning. The staff were decent it has to be said. Oh a handy piece of info is that there is a good city diner just down the street which is open 24 hrs for all hungry travellers. Also don't know why parking is $3 per night as it isn't downtown.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank desoriordan
Samantha J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while you were staying with us. We do strive to offer a pleasant nights stay at a reasonable rate. I do hope that in the future you will give us another try. If I can assist you in any way about your stay I would love to speak to you about it. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was really disappointed with this visit. I stayed here before and was so impressed, upon making another visit to Chattanooga' I wanted to stay here again. I talked to make reservations so when me and my boyfriend arrived there were only two rooms left... A king room and a handicap room. The front desk clerk just took it upon herself to give us the handicap room. She had mentioned the only difference was lower counter, bed and shower (no tub just shower). Well she lied. The handicap room is much smaller. For $120 a night I expect a regular room. After getting over my frustration I went down stairs to get side coffee. I began sipping it only to find out it was cold. I thought OK I'll just hat it up in or room... Well surprise ! the microwave doesn't work!! So I called the don't desk and her solution was to come to the lobby to use theirs! I was really disappointed on this visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kimberly R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Kimberly R,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the room condition. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I would rate this hotel as being one of the best in the HI Express system. Outstanding Service, Great Rooms, Nice Breakfast assortment and room layout. I liked the fact that is was not right downtown but only 1 minute from anything. VERY VERY quiet. There was a swimming competition in the TN River so the hotel was full of swimmers. Never heard a peep. Easy in and out to the Interstate. Very professional staff and great rooms. My first time in this hotel - not my last.

Room Tip: All rooms quiet and all have great location and views.