“Front desk issues” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Memphis, Tennessee
“Front desk issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I did not have my loyalty card with me when I checked in. Clerk told me she would look it up and enter it. Next morning, it still was not showing. The morning front desk clerk was not happy about looking up the number but did look it up. She did not provide written verification that she actually did what she said she did. Bagel was hard and stale. Some items were depleted but were refilled while I was there. Breakfast area was cramped and crowded. We stay here because it is near UTC, but it is not within walking distance of most of downtown.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Mike W,

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding front desk customer service and breakfast selection which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean Room. Very Friendly Staff. Breakfast was nice. Gym was small. Only issue I had was that staff members were a bit loud in the early morning. I said something to them they were very apologetic and the noise stopped immediately

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jokirp
Samantha J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
We are so glad that we could offer you a pleasant stay. Thank you for your feedback.
Senoia, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We just stayed this past weekend. Overall a nice visit.

The rooms were well-equipped and clean, the beds were comfortable and had lots of pillows. The property itself was very clean, and smelled fresh every time we came in the doors. As far as location goes, the hotel is definitely not in the heart of downtown, but a 10-15 minute walk across the road, through the parking lot and down 6th Street will get you there. We like walking so it was fine for us, but if you want to be in downtown, this is not the hotel for you.

The first night of our stay I noticed the coverlet on one of the beds didn't smell so great. The next morning I left a note (with a tip, of course) for housekeeping, asking that they replace the coverlet and also leave two extra bath towels (5 instead of 3). When we got back to our room that afternoon the coverlet had been changed, but we only had 3 towels. I called down to the front desk to let them know, and got a weird response (the tone she used made me feel like I was asking for something totally outrageous) that they were booked for the weekend and were VERY short on towels and could not possibly accommodate my request. I find it a little odd that a somewhat large hotel couldn't scrounge up a couple extra towels. Way to NOT go that extra mile for your guests!!!

The other odd thing was that the elevators were in constant use by housekeeping with giant carts. Sunday morning was extremely busy, and I watched one gentleman wait for 3 elevators until he could get on with his luggage cart. Apparently there's no service elevator.

The breakfast was standard fare, could have used better attending...frequently out of basic items like coffee creamer and napkins, but there did seem to be pretty large groups coming and going all morning; probably hard to keep up.

Overall I guess I'd stay again, but I'd probably research other hotels first and go with the best price, closest to downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kyliesaute
Samantha J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take your thoughts and concerns into consideration for the future. We do strive to offer our guest a great experience and I do apologize you all did not feel like we did that for you. We do hope you will come stay with us again in the future.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel isn't In the heart of downtown, so be aware that you can't walk to places like the Aquarium, the river, or restaurants. However, it suited our needs. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The lobby was clean and inviting. Our room was clean and had the fresh clean smell. You could smell the bleach on the sheets but not obnoxiously so. Just enough to feel confident. This may have been one of few experiences where I didn't see hair behind the bathroom door! It may not bother some but it does for me because it usually means dirt is just being pushed around by a mop. Good job, housekeepers! Thank you! My only complaint was the bed was too hard for my liking.

We didn't partake in breakfast but sat in the dining area with a great cup of coffee! There are flavored creamers and the station was fully stocked. The breakfast foods looked decent, especially with it included in the price. We didn't know there would be a parking fee but it was minimal. I read from another TripAdvisor member that if you are a HI member, the fee is waived. Didn't think to ask. We didn't sign in with our membership number.

Overall great experience! Would return to this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank MsLisaS
We are pleased to have offered you a great experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you all coming back to stay with us again.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

To be considered downtown, this hotel is not in walking distance to restaurants and such. However, this hotel offers a very reasonable parking fee (IHG members can even park free) Public parking has never been an issue on my visits to Chattanooga so the minute or two drive is no big deal to get to where you need to go. Most of the hotels downtown have higher rates and charge for parking so if you are looking for a better value, this hotel is it. If has an indoor pool and offers a complimentary breakfast which again, is more for your money. The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather J
Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are pleased to offer you a great experience. We look forward to having you return again.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stopped by the property as I was lost trying to find another hotel I was booked at in the area. The young gal at the front desk was extremely helpful and took pride on showing me the best way to the other hotel (a competitor) and was also happy to point out other areas of interest in the city as well as by my hotel. The lobby and overall property looked almost brand new. I will absolutely put this hotel on my top 5 list for future consideration the next time I am in Chattanooga.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We do greatly appreciate your feedback. We are sorry for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. We will take into account your thoughts and concerns for the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We are pretty big fans when it comes to holiday inn express hotels because we have had good luck with them, and this one was no exception. Our room was clean, our bathroom was clean, the shower was nice, breakfast was good, the staff was friendly, we couldn't have asked for much more, very nice place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so glad that we could meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful day!