“Decent Show...Bad Food”

Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Actors perform a live family-friendly comedy show all around you as you eat your dinner and enjoy the action! This is dinner with fun and unpredictable outcomes. The actors follow a script and theme, but love to spontaneously involve some of the audience or say something unplanned. Although they love playing with the audience, they are always respectful of those who just enjoy watching. Get to know the characters as they work their way around the room. Spot a crime. Identify the culprit when the authorities arrive. Appropriate for all ages!
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were visiting the area and thought we'd try to do/see things that may be different and "off-the-beaten-path." A dinner theater sounded good - we don't have anything like this where we're from. So my wife, 9 year old son and myself went on a Saturday night and saw Mystery at the Redneck Italian Wedding.

GOOD: The opportunities for audience participation were great, but there was no pressure for those who are uncomfortable with dancing and singing in public. The characters were friendly and took time to come around to each table and talk. The show was pretty entertaining.

BAD: The server we had was VERY inattentive. We needed more drinks, and when the deserts were brought out, they only brought two to our table of three. And the desert was the only decent part of the meal. The buffet was gross. The lasagna was rubber-like and tasteless. The chicken alfredo was strange-tasting.

Not really worth what they charge for dinner and a show - considering it's not really a professional show with real actors and the food was REALLY bad.

But not a terrible experience . We laughed and enjoyed some good family time. Won't do it again next time.

3  Thank terryo637
Vaudeville C, General Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

I apologize that your experience was not as anticipated. We do our very best to offer the best possible value as most shows like this are almost double the price. Should you choose to come back again, please ask for me and I will make sure your experience is much different in regards to food and service.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We went to the Mystery of Flight 138 show. Last year we had gone to the Facebook show. I like them both, but the Facebook seemed to be better. They always make me laugh. The food was okay. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad either.

1  Thank bethmorgan25

Thank you for your response. We are always working on making our buffet better so we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

There is no organization when it comes to getting in line. We arrived an hour early and were pretty much the only people there. People would come in, check in and then just stand up front. We got a table in the back and was the last table in the row. Everyone that came in had to stop and take their pic with Bobby Bobby right behind us.

For some reason, there was a problem with the buffet. So the food was served to us. The "server" who I think was actually a drink server, pretty much threw our plates on the table, said something about the dressing being on the buffet and ran off. We had never been here before and were totally confused. An announcement should have been made at the beginning and not at the end.

There was so much going on that I couldn't concentrate on the show. It might have been funnier if all the commotion wasn't going on.

The GM did make an announcement about the problem with the buffet and said everyone would receive a free ticket to another night. That was great, but we were from out of town and don't plan on going back. We gave our tickets to the maid at the hotel. I would have preferred a free dessert or frozen drink.

I hate that we had issues with the buffet that night and feel even worse that the server was not more attentive to take care of your needs. I assure you that if you come back, we will do everything possible to make this experience much better.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

As I reviewed some of the comments on here, I guess people fail to realize this isn't your average murder mystery dinner. This is a comedy murder mystery dinner, it tells you that heck you might also end up being in the show. The food was average, but usually buffet food is. I didn't expect some celebrate meal for the money i paid. I loved all the dancing, it was really fun! The cast was hilarious and even sat at the table with us

1  Thank NIKKI39101
Vaudeville C, General Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your visit and are constantly working to make our food even better. It is not always easy with a buffet versus a food where all food is cooked to order, but we do our very best to make sure it is the best possible buffet and will keep working so next time you visit it will feel like a 5 star meal to go along with the excellent show!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We love this place took a whole group a few weeks back (with the Serbian kid) Johnny got me up on stage had a blast during the air plane murder mystery! Ou will love it and want to go back like we do for each show!

1  Thank Daytonfam
Vaudeville C, General Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We are proud to have happy customers and hope you will be back soon!