Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Actors perform a live family-friendly comedy show all around you as you eat your dinner and enjoy the action! This is dinner with fun and unpredictable outcomes. The actors follow a script and theme, but love to spontaneously involve some of the audience or say something unplanned. Although they love playing with the audience, they are always respectful of those who just enjoy watching. Get to know the characters as they work their way around the room. Spot a crime. Identify the culprit when the authorities arrive. Appropriate for all ages!
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This is definitely worth the money!! Fun show, food was great. We had a wonderful time.

1  Thank makennasma

Reviewed 5 September 2010

With a down economy we decided to "Stay-cation" this Labor Day weekend. I had often thought about going to one of these "murder-mystery" shows in Gatlinburg but never seemed to have enough time. We decided to come to the 6:00PM Saturday show which happened to be the Office murder. We were greeted, seated and waited on by the most enthusiastic and attentive staff! The ambiance was a little more than expected...three levels of table and booth seating-nice pen lighting. The audience was a mix of all ages-no infants that I saw which meant no crying babies to distract the audience. The food was so-so...sort of like Ryan's but what do you expect on a pasta buffet line? Penne pasta casserole, spaghetti and meatballs, mac-n-cheese, rice and squash and green peppers with really dry chicken. They don't have a liquor license but the waitress was "johnny on the spot" when I asked for a wine glass as I brought my own. The wait staff was quick on my son's refills and bringing bread to the table and removing plates. The actors milled about during the first hour introducing themselves in character. When the show started the place was full. Everyone was attentive and the show was really quite funny! There is a lot of audience participation and fun props for the unsuspecting few that were plucked from their tables to help. The ability for these cast members to improvise was incredible! A few times I laughed so hard that I cried! My son who is almost 14 had a blast. This was a family friendly, date friendly, teenager party friendly night spot. We will definately be back for more!!!

2  Thank AliciaBen8
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was driving my teenage daughter from Louisiana to Virginia so she could attend some summer classes at a college in Roanoke. I planned to stop for the night in Chattanooga. I told my daughter that we had dinner reservations for that night. When we arrived and she discovered there would be an interactive performance she was leary and did not expect it to be fun at all. By the end of the night her cheeks hurt from laughing.
I'm glad we made reservations- there were people waiting to see if someone with reservations didn't show up so they could get in to see the show.
Plan on meeting some new people- you will get seated with others- there are no empty seats and no strangers at the Vaudeville Cafe! We sat with a nice young couple from Pennsylvania on their way to Florida. He was a soldier and she was expecting their first child.
We went on a Saturday night for the Italian & Redneck Wedding. The buffet included a very nice salad, spaghetti & meatballs, a penne pasta with cheese, some vegetables and I believe there was a rice dish as well. Don't miss the bread- I thought it was THE best part of the meal, although the chocolate cake was very good too.
The waitress was very attentative, kept my tea glass filled.
The actors and actresses were so funny and so personable. Before the official show they strolled around the room and talked to us- in character of course. I won't spoil the show for you with details. Although at times the show was just a little risque it was a good time for everyone- the audience included children, couples, families, and seniors.
Plan on staying a while- I know we were there a couple of hours at least.
Get there early if you can- parking options can be very limited. There was a free parking lot a block or so away, behind some townhomes. Most of the parking was paid parking- you'll need change or small bills to stuff in tiny boxes- I didn't have either. Don't be tempted to park on the street in front of the building- that is a towing zone. I believe the cashier said the fine was $250 - then she told me about the free parking lot.
The Vaudeville Cafe does have a website so you can see the menu, the shows, etc.
I purchased a $25 gift certificate for the Vaudeville Cafe from a restaurant gift certificate website- it was "on sale" for $4. Prior to buying the certificate I did a search and found a coupon code for the site and got an additional 40% off the cost of the gift certificate. There are restrictions- only one per table, 18% gratuity, etc. but well worth it.
When I returned home and told my husband and my mother about the Vaudeville Cafe they both said they would love to go. I would love to take them! What fun!

1  Thank HoopersGirl
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We planned our trip to Chattanooga well in advance. I called the Mystery Theater several times while planning to make sure there was going to be a show on Thursday night the week we were in town (We knew there would be no show Monday through Wednesday). We could only get our cabin through Wednesday night, but we planned to just find things to do in downtown Chattanooga until showtime on Thursday and then drive all night to get back home.

We spent $9 on all day parking and $50 watching "Oceans" at the IMAX to take up part of the time that Thursday. At 3:30 pm we called to ask when we needed to arrive for the show. We were told it had been cancelled. They said that they had tried to call us. When we got home (two states away), their message was left was on the morning of the day of the show. If they had told us that the show was subject to cancellation during any of our calls, I would have know to contact them during our vacation to see if it had been cancelled. Instead we were out over $60 we would not have spent and my family had the disappointment of missing a dinner theater they were anticipating. I do not blame the theater for cancelling the show if there was not enough interest, but they should have made it clear that the shows were subject to cancellation when the reservations were made.

Reviewed 17 April 2010

My son and I enjoy the dinner and play. We like that it is interactive. You can be part of the entertainment. The times we've been you can be an involved as you'd like to be but aren't forced to participate in the show if you'd rather not. We like it and have seen several of their shows. It is a bit on the pricey side for us but we will splurge for it on occasion.