“chattinn a good place to stay”
Review of The Chatt Inn

The Chatt Inn
Ranked #68 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 22 April 2013

i stay at chatt inn 4 to 5 nights a month my rooms are allways clean, the staff is real to bring accomodating, i drive truck haul oversize loads if i need to to come in loaded treck all ways makes sure i have a place to park. it is one of the better and friendly motels i stay at.they really have cleand this place up.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wallys820
There are newer reviews for The Chatt Inn

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Worst "hotel" I have ever stepped foot in. We booked through Hotwire.com whihc laughably has this listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel! This motel is not even 1 star. The rooms are dirty, they allow pets so as we walked in there was pet hair all over the floor. Pet hair was also all over the one chair in the room which was adorned with a huge cigarette burn in the arm. Thats right! apparently the rooms are smoking so as soon as you walk in the room had that stale old cigarette smoke smell like someone had been smoking in there for the past 25 years.

The bathtub is not enclosed in a bathroom, but rather is in the same open space as your TV and bed. Our particular bathtub had stains on the side rim across the entire length of the bathtub. Also the faucet knobs for the bath tub had one knob for cold water and the hot water control had no knob, but a pari fo vice grips to control the hot water, very classy! I ahve pictures of this if any proof is necessary.

The parking lot is not secure, the motel is not is a great area of town so leaving your car in a parking lot that people take a short cut through between streets is risking theft in my opinion. We never felt safe here and checked out an hour after arriving and chose to simply drive home to Atlanta after our night in Chattanooga as oppose to going back to this dirty, smelly, dangerous "hotel".

Avoid at all costs. Even if you cannot cancel and get a refund, spedning money to not stay here is the better deal than going through with your reservation.

Pay very close attention to people who review this place positively, if your idea of a "very good" rating is a room where your child can get scabies as Sammie423 has written above then your idea of "very good" is much different than mine and most people.

Also, if you think you are getting a good deal, you are not. As soon as you arrive you will see the sign sdvertising the motel's "trucker rate" which si going to be half of what you have to pay for the worst motel I have ever set foot in.

RUN AWAY from this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Sleep in your car before staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kyle_Atlanta
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Horrible, received it as a 2 1/2 star from Hotwire. It is barely 1 star. Dirty, bleach smelling room. 1970's furnishings and TV. Nasty area of town, very seedy. No positives! Do not stay here and someone at hotwire should lose their job for making me pay a 2 1/2 star price.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Forrest Y
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My room was clean and neat. The staff, including housekeeping, were very accommodating. I wasn't going to stay here because of the reports but I decided to check it out because of the price. It really looks like this place has been turned around. I will definitely stay here again on my way back through.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Smacthat
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Been here for a lil over a month, never seen a roach bug until this morning (good thing im checking out today). I have a double bed and theres nowhere to set at here but layed up in the bed. Was clean looking when I got here but shortly after my two year old started itching and breaking out. Scabies! After trip to er and two to the pharmacy we are bug free but, scared for life. We don't own pets. The staff is very friendly even tho my repeated calls to the front desk to remove a crackhead from in front of my doorway.(he has been a stalker of mine now for about 8 months) Never heard a peep from surrounding neighbors, its crazy quite for this part of town. For me, being a young single mommy, with my child, I felt safe and very well "at home" here.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Forget getting maintance to show up after 5, even if it is a flood in the room. Staff very rude, hell most of the hotel staff is STONED 24/7. Rooms are ok, if you get one thats not full of roaches. Beds are crap, OLD they need replaced.
Treat weekly stays like dirt. Many issues with drug dealers, but when your Staff is high most of the time little gets done with dealers.
VERY UNFRIENDLY.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank joe m
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed at The Chatt Inn for three nights and had wonderful experience. My room was clean, my bed was comfy, my jacuzzi tub was AWESOME, and the location of the hotel was very convenient! I will definitely be staying again my next trip through.

Room Tip: I upgraded to the Jacuzzi room! It was a great room for a bargain...definitely worth it! I will do...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Barrett K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Comfort Inn
Stadium Inn
Stadium Inn
#54 of 96 in Chattanooga
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown

Been to The Chatt Inn? Share your experiences!