Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Ewwww. Run down.”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We selected this hotel because we knew it was going to be raining and wanted an indoor pool. (We planned the overnight trip shortly before we left.) When we arrived the front desk clerk was on her cell and the fourth of July decorations were still up. I had to wait for her to finish her personal business before she helped me. I asked for an extra pillow and I was informed there were no extra pillows. The decor is horribly outdated, which is not a big deal if it is maintained, well its not. The carpets are fraying and have gross stains. The suite we stayed in consisted of a sitting area, bath, and separate bedroom. There was a light bulb out in the sitting area. The air conditioner did not work in the sitting area- it was uncomfortably warm. The furniture was gross (check out the pictures), There was a big damaged spot in the dry wall. The next morning we went to go for a swim and the pool heater was broken. The water was freezing and disgusting. It was so cloudy and had a green hue, I would not let my child in the water. I had a reasonable expectation of a clean room and pool, I was sorely disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. We are expected to start phase 2 of our hotel renovations in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Rooms are very outdated and old looking! Room smelled horrible!! Booked a non-smoking room online and when I arrived was given a smoking room, was told at front desk that I could switch rooms for another full room rate! Absolutely ridiculous!!!! Only after I had to go and buy air freshners and used a half of bottle of febrez was the room acceptable to stay in!!! Would not recommend this hotel at all!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We are expected to start phase 2 of our hotel renovations in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We love staying at Country Inn and Suites - We enjoy getting a true suite (with a door separating the bedroom from the living room) and a hot breakfast. For the same price as other hotels, you get so much more! This particular hotel was just what we expected - clean, super comfy bed, free cookies, quiet, and friendly staff. The only problem we did have was that the pool water was super cold! Their heater had broken. This is why I did not give it an "excellent".

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We haven't checked out of our room yet but wanted to be sure to review this hotel before leaving town. We traveled to Chattanooga for a softball tournament and stayed here for 10 days. From the minute we walked in, we felt the true sense of Southern Hospitality. The staff had made a welcome sign for the girls, handmade personalized jerseys and decorated the lobby with our team colors. Absolutely above and beyond! After a horrible travel day, this was the perfect welcome and the perfect end to a day. The rooms are very spacious and clean & offer a little extra room to move around. During a long stay, such as ours, it was very nice to be able to spread out and not be confined to just one small room with two beds. The beds were great and even more comfortable than mine back home. Breakfast was good and the hot cookies in the afternoon were a nice treat. Overall, this is a great place to stay, though there are a few areas that could be updated just a bit. The entire team at Country Inn & Suites was wonderful, always cheerful, polite and helpful. Our guest services manager, Crystal Cagle was wonderful and even hugged me when we met! I couldn't be happier with our stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lguen
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Overall - very nice. Good breakfast, and Cracker Barrell is right next door. Easy to get to, parking was good, room was large and clean. I would definitely stay here again. Check in process was very slow - only one person working, so that is why it did not get 5 stars. But overall, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and patience during check in, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have stayed in Country Inn properties for the last 2 years (I am a Club Carlson Member) and have really enjoyed the breakfast and cleaninest of the properties and would give them all the the highest ranking but this property was dirty and the room we were assigned needs refurbishing. We looked at the previous reviews before we booked and selected this hotel. When we arrived in our room there was what looked like mildew on the walls and wallpaper, the furnishings fabric had worn through, there were stains on the bed spread and carpet, there were rips in the wallpaper and sticky stuff (syrup or soft drink spilled) on the dresser. I found a empty Dr. Pepper bottle on the floor by the dresser. The air conditioner was set on High Cool but it was damp and warm in the room. The bathroom appeared clean but my wife and 4 children would not stay there. The one bright spot was Felicia at the desk who apologized and cancelled our reservation without a problem. It looked to me like she was having to do all the jobs at the hotel. I emailed Country Inn and Suites but have not heard back from them.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank geauxtigers81
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I can't review the hotel itself, because we didn't actually stay in the hotel: we booked online at hotels.com and, unbeknownst to us, the room type is not guaranteed when you book that way. We booked non-smoking but only smoking rooms were available.

However, I can review the hotel staff. I was very unhappy with this situation, and Felicia working behind the desk went above and beyond to cancel our reservation and get our money refunded even though we were after the 6 PM cutoff time. High praise for Felicia and the staff of the hotel. Due to her alone, we will gladly consider coming back here in the future (albeit using their own reservation system).

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post comments regarding your visit. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!