“Beautiful Hotel, Awesome Service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West
Ranked #23 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked the event room for a New Year's Eve Masquerade Ball, and a suite to stay the night. The Lookout Room was perfect for our needs. Our suite was huge, and they arranged it so we were right across the hall from the Lookout Room. Everyone on staff was super helpful and very nice, especially the front desk clerks, Heather and Rhonda. I will definitely host another event at this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Positive word of mouth is vital in building our business as well as our reputation. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay with us on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations,

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Our children purchased a "Chattanooga Getaway Package" for our 40th wedding anniversay.
The hotel was very nice. We really enjoyed the cozy setting in the lobby with fireplace and
Christmas tree. (This was Dec. 15 - 17, 2011) Everything was convenient. The service was great and the full breakfast was good. The only problem we had was with a slow toilet, and the 'heated pool' was not heated.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

In October, 2011, my wife and I took our granddaughter on a 4-day/3-night vacation to Chattanooga. We wanted her to experience Rock City, Ruby Falls, Incline Railway and, of course, the Tennessee Aquairum. We stayed at this hotel because of the heated indoor pool and "suite" rooms with sofa beds.

The pool was not heated, the sofa bed was unfit for anyone or anything to sleep on and the room had only a/c and no heat.

Room Tip: If the pool is important, check it first. If you want a sofa bed, check it first.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had previously stayed at this hotel and the room was old and beat up but it was clean. This time the room was freshly remodeled as well as clean. Of course the 1 bedroom pet friendly smoking suite was sold out and they upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite. My husband enjoyed the hot breakfast. The only issues we had were the amount of time it took for check in and out. Also I was unable to connect to the free wifi in the room. We would definitely stay there again. It is a perfect stop on the road trip from Illinois to Florida.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My third high school soccer trip using this motel and the staff and amenities were AWESOME! I am a black visa marriott rewards guy here, and Im to tell you that this particular hotel/ motel is a great place and the hospitality has been excellent three years running!. Thanks for such great service!

Tommy Spears
Maryville, Tn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We came with our soccer team for a high school tournament. Crystal and Felicia took care of everything we needed to make our team happy. They helped us set up the dining area so we could be together and made us feel right at home. We look forward to coming here every year, knowing we will be welcomed as family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites we would like to thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing your team every year!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We selected this hotel because we knew it was going to be raining and wanted an indoor pool. (We planned the overnight trip shortly before we left.) When we arrived the front desk clerk was on her cell and the fourth of July decorations were still up. I had to wait for her to finish her personal business before she helped me. I asked for an extra pillow and I was informed there were no extra pillows. The decor is horribly outdated, which is not a big deal if it is maintained, well its not. The carpets are fraying and have gross stains. The suite we stayed in consisted of a sitting area, bath, and separate bedroom. There was a light bulb out in the sitting area. The air conditioner did not work in the sitting area- it was uncomfortably warm. The furniture was gross (check out the pictures), There was a big damaged spot in the dry wall. The next morning we went to go for a swim and the pool heater was broken. The water was freezing and disgusting. It was so cloudy and had a green hue, I would not let my child in the water. I had a reasonable expectation of a clean room and pool, I was sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. We are expected to start phase 2 of our hotel renovations in the near future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.