“Customer Service and Black Mold”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I called and notified front desk of black mold around bathtub, bathtub handle, and soap holder. I have a semi-asthmatic child with allergies and made the front desk aware of this. Spent first night in room with black mold growing. Come back the next day and only the easy to see spot was cleaned. Notified front desk another night in moldy room. Finally the third day, when I had a swollen throat and my son was having allergy attacks, the bathroom had Mostly been cleaned of black mold. No response from management but sorry we will clean it next day. One front desk lady was nice, the other with short red hair was too busy on hotel phone with someone personal that she said "Love You" too and she was also very rude!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
wkcleveland, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for rating us on Tripadviser. I apologize that our efforts to assist you proved insufficient. Our goal is to treat each guest with respect and kindness. I will be sharing your comments with our team.

Ken Cleveland

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Clean...relaxing...reasonable. ..and fun...When I travel I'm always looking for the 5 star hotel to stay in because I like the treatment and service....but I have to say that this hotel was the best and I will definitely stay there again....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A hotel that actually makes you feel wanted. the services went far and beyond the listed amenities. things like a evening brunch, with really good food such as grilled chicken one night and grilled sirloin steak on another and premium salads and dips on another. all at no extra cost. The staff was warm and friendly, the hotel not only looked clean it smelled clean. the Wi-Fi was was very fast. It also has a top notch fitness center. This is a great place for vacationers as well as business travelers. I really felt welcomed, and the price did not keep me awake!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor because of the traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed there for a couple nights during the recent Tennessee BPA World Series in Chattanooga. Our room was awesome! It was tastefully done and well worth the price we paid! The bed was very comfortable as was the sofa and chair. The breakfast menu was awesome. We did not expect two complimentary evening meals, which were also good. The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional.
I wasn't aware it was a pet friendly hotel until I arrived. I don't travel with pets and generally stay away from hotels or condo units that allow them. I booked this room on the advice of my son who stays with this hotel chain when he travels for business.
I was impressed enough that I intend to check out the one that is located in the next city I plan to visit in the upcoming weeks.

Room Tip: We had a king suite which had a king bed and a nice pull out sofa/bed; we had a full size refrigerat...
1  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Been to Choo Choo City several times and never stayed here---but I WILL stay here again! Fantastic property! Friendly staff that goes the extra mile, beautiful rooms, tasty breakfast, and FREE washers & dryers to use! Near the mall and lots of restaurants. You will really enjoy it here!

Room Tip: Not a bad room here.
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I took our granddaughter to lake Winnie and decided to stay overnight in Chattanooga. We chose this hotel because it was near the mall and we wanted to shop the next morning. Easy check in and out, clean rooms, inside pool was nice. All the rooms have nice sitting area and kitchenette . Only one problem we had was we saw small ants coming in the window. We were on the ground floor and we did let the manager know so they could take care of the problem!

1  Thank Depdog1133
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped at the Res Inn on our way north from Florida on June 3 even though it looked a little out of our way. We couldn't have been more pleased with the staff, accomodations or the breakfast. It was a great experience. We made the res late that afternoon and were placed in a handicapped accessible rm that was clean, spacious, and fully stocked. The staff recommended a restaurant in the area which was a good choice as well. We were pleased with the variety of offerings for breakfast which had a much better variety than we've had at other Res. Inns we've been to. The only negative is regarding the placement of the TV in the breakfast rm as it is not convenient to watch during breakfast - but that is so minor that I almost hate to include it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple