Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Clarion Inn(Chattanooga)
View Hotel
All reviewslookout mountainfront deskroom was cleanruby fallswould stay here againwafflesfree breakfastnice breakfastbreakfast staffthe breakfast areasofa bedroad noisei highly recommend this hotelgreat place to staythe general managershower curtainstayed two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

OVERVIEW:
Built in what seems like a pedestal, Fairfield Inn & Suites sits on top of a hilltop overlooking the valley and I-24. A newly constructed hotel equipped with new furniture and appliances. I would have given this establishment a five star rating if not for the incident indicated on the “Negative Notes”.

TRAVEL DATES:
February-2012

LOCATION:
Centrally located; Easy access to I-24; Fifteen minutes from downtown Chattanooga via I-24; Ten minutes from Ruby Falls. Rock City is approximately 15-20 minutes away. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing opportunities within 10-20 minute driving distance.

POSITIVE NOTES:
When we checked in late at night, I was required to show my government ID card in order for the establishment to honor my discounted rate when I booked our accommodations online. Unable to find my ID card at the time of check-in, the gentleman at the front desk, however, allowed me to keep my discounted rate without producing my ID. He even gave us a room with a great view. In reality, I forgot my ID card in my truck. I was just too darn lazy to walk back and get it during the freezing rain.

The indoor heated pool was a refreshing treat during a cold night.

Clean rooms; Great views; New Furniture & Appliances; Big Bathroom; Great Continental Breakfast; Friendly Staff - with the exception of the breakfast Nazi (see “Negative Notes”).

NEGATIVE NOTES:
On the day we checked-out, I went to the breakfast area and an older female staff was in the process of cleaning up. I opened the fridge to get a yogurt only to realize it was already locked. Although, there are still a number of people eating their breakfast, and another guest just finished making waffles, the female staff said that breakfast is closed. I kindly asked if I can have one yogurt from the fridge and she defiantly refused and said, “NOPE breakfast is closed”. It was extremely disappointing knowing that she can easily open the fridge and give me one lousy yogurt. A small gesture to satisfy a customer.

AMENITIES:
Free Continental Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Micro/Fridge, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, Clock/Radio, Indoor Pool, Laundry Facility.

NIGHTLY RATE:
$110s after applicable taxes and discounts

DISCOUNT ACCEPTED:
Military & Government discount

NOTES:
Please click the green “YES” button below if you find this review helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: 1) We occupied Room #326. According to the gentleman at the front desk when we checked-in, that particular wing of the hotel has the best view. 2) Don’t be late for breakfast or no yogurt for you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank TravellingTroubadour
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Check in was quick & friendly. Was upgraded to a larger room but the view was a concrete wall. Room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom was very well lit. I had accidentally dropped my rental car keys and they fell into the elevator shaft. Hoyl (I believe that is his name) at the front desk, was very helpful in getting the maintenance man to retrieve them very quickly. I don't think that happens everyday, huh??!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank carolene
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Nice newer hotel in Lookout valley and a short drive from all the sights on Lookout Mountain.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was in Chattaooga for surgery and needed a 2 day stay. I was extremely pleased with my entire experience. Starting with front desk help who were pleasant and helpful. My room was A++, it was very clean, beds extremely comfortable and there were no "funky or bad" smells. Everything was top notch. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave, alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and hairdryer. The complimentary breakfast was very good. Tea and coffee offered 24 hrs. a day The breakfast staff VERY pleasant and attentive. I would give this hotel and staff an A+++ rating and will definitely stay again. The only drawback in the future is it's not close enough to the mall, maybe 15-20 mins but not that big of a deal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Omelets were served on the breakfast bar. They were delicious! I asked the General Manager (who was wiping tables, btw) if I could buy them somewhere. He informed me that they were made locally and quick frozen then sold by a food vendor. I think I will book here again just to get another one of those!! :) Also, he informed me that they are going to begin work soon on the construction of an indoor water park connected to the hotel. Should be finished by Summer 2013.

Room Tip: I always request a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator to decrease the noise level. I did not not hear any traffic noise because this hotel is far enough from the road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family