“Outstanding property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Convenient to Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga. Excellent service and rooms. New property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank wsnuggs
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel was very easy to find and close to Rock City, Ruby Falls, etc. 2-bed with sofa bed suite was perfect for our family of 5. Sofa bed not very comfortable - would opt to just make a bed on the couch next time. Breakfast was just enough and staff was helpful and polite. Definitely will stay again on our way through!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank LoveMyThree3
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a beautiful newer hotel that sits up on a hill with a good view of the mountain. It is located on the opposite side of the mountain than the downtown area. But it still wouldn't be a bad drive to downtown. We had a king room that had a separate area with a pull out couch for my daughter. Has refrigerator and microwave. Decor was very nice. Bed slept very well and the breakfast was very good. The only complaint I could find is they only have one waffle maker and the morning we were there the breakfast area was full with people waiting in line. We were here for spring break so it may not be like that all the time. Other than that our stay was great. Staff was friendly at check in and check out. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front side if you want a view of the mountains.
2  Thank churchlittle
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Based on the last experience we had here i wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else....this hotel never disappoints. Check in was easy as 123....the employees have a way of making everyone feel welcome. Our room was immaculate as usual. We did some exploring that Scott has told us about and enjoyed the beautiful weather....Breakfast is a busy time but there's always plenty to go around and it's free so hard to complain....Once again they knocked it outta the park....

2  Thank LeighBrooks
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This was the second room I booked in Chattanooga for this date. I started with Country Inn and Suites, only to decide if was way out on the other side of town from where we would be sight seeing. Fairfield did cost about $40 more. We arrived with easy check in and were given a room on the top floor, which I had requested because of what earlier reviewers said about the noise. We had a king suite. It was a small room as suites go. It did have a seperated living area from the bed. This was an open floorplan with no door. The plan was for our 2 and 4 year olds to sleep on the pull out couch. We discovered that we didn't have the linens necessary for this. A call to the front desk got us what we needed within about 10 minutes. It was the same person that checked us in, and I'm guessing the only one on duty on a Wednesday evening. We did take advantage of the fridge and coffee maker in the room. Also, we spent about 20 minutes in the indoor pool. Our girls loved this. I did like that the pool area was secured where you had to use your key card to access it.

As I said, this was a pretty good stay for our family. There were a few negatives. Probably my biggest issue was the breakfast. We arrived at 9 on Thursday morning to a full room of people. The food was fine. The problem was the set up. All of the food and the microwave and waffle maker are all in a very small space. There were people stacked up at least 3 deep waiting on things. This was an even bigger problem when one lady decided that the toaster and everything around it were hers. She asked everyone in her party one by one what they wanted and had the nerve to ask if she was in my way when I just pushed through and put my bread in the part of the toaster she was not occupying at that second. The waffles were good, but it took about 3 to 4 minutes to cook. So, to spell it out, 1waffle maker (that takes 3 to 4 minutes), one 4 slice toaster and one microwave. That just doesn't do it for a hotel of this size. The TV remotes were very sensitive in our room and almost impossible to get them to switch channels. Some of the furnishings in the room did have scrapes, etc. It wasn't really bad, just not quite what I would expect in a hotel this new. The matress was a little firm for what I'm used to. Finally, I will say that it was somewhat difficult to find the hotel from the instructions mapquest gave. I do think the room rate is a little more than it should be.

End result, inspite of all of the mentioned items, it was a pretty good stay for my family, and I would think about staying there again in the future. This gave us an idea of what Fairfield was like. We have not stayed in one of their properties before. On another trip we stayed at a Staybridge Suites across town and would have stayed there this time if they had not been sold out.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

OVERVIEW:
Built in what seems like a pedestal, Fairfield Inn & Suites sits on top of a hilltop overlooking the valley and I-24. A newly constructed hotel equipped with new furniture and appliances. I would have given this establishment a five star rating if not for the incident indicated on the “Negative Notes”.

TRAVEL DATES:
February-2012

LOCATION:
Centrally located; Easy access to I-24; Fifteen minutes from downtown Chattanooga via I-24; Ten minutes from Ruby Falls. Rock City is approximately 15-20 minutes away. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing opportunities within 10-20 minute driving distance.

POSITIVE NOTES:
When we checked in late at night, I was required to show my government ID card in order for the establishment to honor my discounted rate when I booked our accommodations online. Unable to find my ID card at the time of check-in, the gentleman at the front desk, however, allowed me to keep my discounted rate without producing my ID. He even gave us a room with a great view. In reality, I forgot my ID card in my truck. I was just too darn lazy to walk back and get it during the freezing rain.

The indoor heated pool was a refreshing treat during a cold night.

Clean rooms; Great views; New Furniture & Appliances; Big Bathroom; Great Continental Breakfast; Friendly Staff - with the exception of the breakfast Nazi (see “Negative Notes”).

NEGATIVE NOTES:
On the day we checked-out, I went to the breakfast area and an older female staff was in the process of cleaning up. I opened the fridge to get a yogurt only to realize it was already locked. Although, there are still a number of people eating their breakfast, and another guest just finished making waffles, the female staff said that breakfast is closed. I kindly asked if I can have one yogurt from the fridge and she defiantly refused and said, “NOPE breakfast is closed”. It was extremely disappointing knowing that she can easily open the fridge and give me one lousy yogurt. A small gesture to satisfy a customer.

AMENITIES:
Free Continental Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Micro/Fridge, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, Clock/Radio, Indoor Pool, Laundry Facility.

NIGHTLY RATE:
$110s after applicable taxes and discounts

DISCOUNT ACCEPTED:
Military & Government discount

NOTES:
Please click the green “YES” button below if you find this review helpful. Thank you!

Room Tip: 1) We occupied Room #326. According to the gentleman at the front desk when we checked-in, that part...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank TravellingTroubadour
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Check in was quick & friendly. Was upgraded to a larger room but the view was a concrete wall. Room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom was very well lit. I had accidentally dropped my rental car keys and they fell into the elevator shaft. Hoyl (I believe that is his name) at the front desk, was very helpful in getting the maintenance man to retrieve them very quickly. I don't think that happens everyday, huh??!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business