Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have stayed here several times over the past few years when traveling through Chattanooga. We have always enjoyed our stay until this one. When we went to check in the front desk clerk Melissa was very preoccupied with the conversation she was having on her cell. She seemed very irritated that she had to assist us. There was no remote in the room...several lights out and the furniture looked worn. The next morning breakfast was a mob scene. At this point we were done. When i asked to speak with a manager i was told there wasn't one on duty. We checked out early and went downtown to the Springhill Suites which was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We love the Lookout Mtn part of Chattanooga & always try to get a reservation at a hotel in the area. I've stayed here twice. Once with my daughter & once with my mom. It's a beautiful hotel sitting on a slight hillside. The decor is lovely. Everything is very clean. The staff is friendly & helpful. The rooms are beautifully decorated & the beds are very comfortable. My mom had an accessible room on the 1st floor. She loved it! It was extra spacious & even had a doorbell.
They have alot of choices for breakfast, even offering "make your own waffles". The only thing missing that needs to be added to the menu is bacon.
This hotel is very convenient to the nearby Walmart. There are some restaurants in the area, but interstate access is very near, so it's no hassle to make your way to one in a different section of the city.
Yes, it cost alittle more than alot of the other hotels in the area, but we've learned that "much cheaper" rates can sometimes mean unsatisfactory room conditions & etc.
***Please note...If you have Marriott gift cards, they MUST be presented during check-in, which I did, but was told by the desk clerk, on duty at the time, that I needed to present them at check-out. Long story short, there was a slight problem concerning debit card deduction from our account & git card presentation. And I was told the manager wasn't there, when later I found out she was indeed already there. BUT, the problem was finally corrected & handled as it should have been. ***

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Most of the Hotels in the area were a lot less. The room was ok and the beds were comfortable. The only thing good about the Hotel was it is off the interstate. By the time we got down to breakfast at 8:45 it was all put away and the chairs were on the tables.

The lady when we checked out asked that we give them a great rating which we thought was very rude for her to ask.

Room Tip: The closest restaurant that is not fast food was about 2-3 miles way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this Fairfield for 5 nights during March with 2- 11 year old kids during spring break. Excellent staff, very clean rooms in a great location. It's very conveniently located within 30 minutes or less to many activities from popular caverns, TN aquarium, and many historical land sites. Indoor pool area was very well maintained, but very loud due to the design the room it has a terrible echo.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The closeness of some attractions really makes this a special place. The staff are full of advice of where to eat. Don't pass up Mt. Vernon's restaurant on 3535 Broad St. Get free Green Fried Tomatoes (free with coupon from Fairfield). Views from rooms pretty good.

Room Tip: Not sure which rooms have the best view - 4th floor best
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We arrived here on Monday around 1:30pm. I had reserved a 2 queen suite with a sofa bed about 2 months ago. Upon arriving, I was told that they had an unexpected stay over and had no suites available. There is my wife and I and our 2 small kids. Instead they gave us 2 regular 2 queen rooms that were connecting for the same price so they said. Upon looking at my rates, they were charging me $10 more per night than the original reservation. Also there were 2 preauthorizations on my credit card for the two rooms. I talked to the front desk and they supposedly fixed it. Upon getting my receipt at checkout, they were still overcharging me more than $100 dollars. Plus there were 2 other preauthorizations on my card. Almost $800 of preauth's on my card for $450 worth of rooms. Hopefully they will come off soon. The room was clean when we checked in but was not detailed at all. We stayed 3 night and our room was never cleaned while we were there. We had to ask them to take out the trash and replentish the towels in the room. Even after calling the front desk about cleaning, they still did not clean. The breakfast was ok. I expected more from a hotel at this price. The "heated" pool was not heated. They said on Monday that it was broken and would be fixed on Tuesday. I called Tuesday afternoon to see if it had been repaired and they told me it wouldnt' be fixed until Thrusday. My kids were not very happy about that. Staff was relatively friendly. I did like the location. It was close to everything and not a lot of traffic like we would have experienced in a downtown location. Overall, not a bad place to stay but I don't think we will stay here again. Just too many issues for a first impression.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room with at mountain view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

If you are here in Chattanooga to visit Lookout Mountain and all its attractions, then this hotel is the perfect location. Easy to spot as it is situated on higher grounds and just off the I-24 freeway. I believe this hotel is only about 3 years old and everything is spotless, clean and new. Staff at reception, breakfast and even housekeeping were very professional and efficient.

We had a two queen bed room which was very spacious with mountain view. The bathroom was large too compared to most of the other hotel chains and had plenty of vanity space. Free wifi signal was strong. Only complain was that the room doors were very heavy so I got woken up by the heavy closing of the doors in the early morning. Apart from that, hotel was very quiet.

One of the best thing was the free hotel breakfast. I have stayed in many hotel chains and this is the first I have encountered that provides bottled water and bottled chocolate milk at breakfast. The rest were normal hotel breakfast food - waffle, egg, sausages, cereal, fruits etc but always well replenished. And oh.....they had my favorite coffee creamer which is caramel macchiato! Coffee and tea were available whole day at the lobby.

Hotel is located very close to Ruby Falls, Incline Railway and Rock City. There is a Walmart nearby and lots of eateries including a Cracker Barrel.

Will most definitely stay here again and I do highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family