“Unhappy with service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My family booked 2 rooms here for last Friday night. The front desk was friendly and the room appeared to be clean. Then I discovered 2 large bugs in my room. One was dead and the other alive and crawling up the sheers. (I dismissed the 5 ladybugs because they are almost impossible to keep out.) My husband killed the bug and flushed it. We went downstairs to complain. We respectfully waited until the line at the front desk was empty and quietly complained. We asked for a new room but could not be accommodated because the hotel was sold out. The girl was new so she called her manager, who told her she had to see a picture of the bug. Are you kidding me? The manager said she could do nothing. She obviously didn't believe us.
I continued to speak to the front desk clerk, who called the manager back. She offered us 30% off our room. We took a deep breath and went to bed, it was after 11pm.
The next morning I spoke to a new lady at the desk who offered to give us 10000 Marriott rewards points. I thanked her and left, without ever being rude or disrespectful.
We just received our email conformation with only 1000 points.
I have spent many nights at Marriott hotels with never a complaint. I don't appreciate being doubted about bugs in my room and being lied to about how they will handle my complaint. The manager never offered to speak with me directly.
I am very disappointed about this hotel's service..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly H
Jeff H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Kelly H.,

I wanted to personally apologize for the recent experience you had at our hotel. I can assure you that I have addressed this issue with my team and we have taken immediate action to try and prevent this from happening again. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and this time we fell short of our goal. We hope that we can have the opportunity to serve you better. Please contact me in the future if you are in the Chattanooga area again and I will make sure that your stay is a great one! Thank you for your business.

Jeff Hollis

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel two times now on the way back from Florida, and we will definitely stay here again. It's clean, close to the Interstate and is close to other places to eat. The free breakfast is ample and well maintained.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you want a certain floor. This is one place that listens to requests.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here to get away for Valentine's weekend. Hotel was very nice and clean. It was not near from downtown Chattanooga sites. We enjoyed looking out at the mountains by the hotel sitting on a hill. Staff was nice. Breakfast was normal style free breakfast. Decor in lobby was nice and roomy. We would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laqty
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived late, but our room was waiting! It was clean and fresh! The shower was awesome. Getting off and on the interstate was very easy. In the morning we enjoyed a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, and fruit. It was well worth the money! We will be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kjjs1211
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel and staff were excellent. We were directed to a great area in downtown Chattanooga and a perfect restaurant. The location was just right for the drive from Florida, and a great rate. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CurtO2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Everything about this hotel was awesome, we loved the location, staff, room and the staff were great. It was very clean and will be our hotel of choice every year we are there. The view of the city and the mountains are beautiful, the room was very quiet and comfortable, the breakfast was not all that great but crackle barrel and waffle house are right across the street so really not a big deal for else. You are just a minute away from walmart and many other shopping centers, about twenty minutes from the North Gate Mall. It also has a indoor pool, although small it gets the job done and also has good view of the mountains which is a big plus for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank George P
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant management upon our late evening arrival. Got us checked in quickly. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Quite affordable through expedia. Breakfast was nice, lots to offer. Good location quiet and still close to everything Chattanooga has to offer. Would stay again!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Heather R
Travellers also viewed these Chattanooga hotels
0 mi away
The Chattanoogan
#7 of 96 in Chattanooga
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!