All reviews lookout mountain front desk ruby falls room was clean waffles would stay here again free breakfast nice breakfast cracker barrel the breakfast area great place to stay very nice stay the general manager road noise stayed two nights waffle house shower curtain
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for the night on a business trip. The hotel was very clean and nice. Parking was a bit limited, but ok. Continental breakfast that was included was your usual fair, but good. If you need a hotel while passing through the area, this place is as good as any.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
GMFairfieldCHATF, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and your feedback and we hope to be able to serve you again in the near future! Safe travels.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed here while in the area visiting family. The location is off I-24, a bit out of town on old Cummins Hwy. for those who are familiar with the area. However, it's modern, clean, and has a great staff.

Pros: hospitable staff, newer property, comfortable beds, USB power ports on the nightstands, strong shower, free breakfast, easy parking.
Cons: the bathroom has as issue with ventilation and there are some small spots with mold in the usual places i.e. tub caulking, ceiling/wall creases. No safe in the room.

Overall a good place to stay and I would do so again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the freeway for more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for the great feedback. We will work on the issues that you found. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future! Safe travels!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I was impressed with the warm and enthusiastic greeting we received upon arrival from front desk clerk Summer and her unnamed colleague. The exterior of the hotel is attractive and the location just off I-24 is most convenient. A platinum upgrade to a suite was also a nice surprise.

But that shower curtain with pink mold across the bottom? How did that manage to remain in place as long as it did? Pink mold is not an overnight development. I reported the issue to the front desk the next morning and the manager on duty apologized. It didn't help that I was frustrated by a room rate of $177, the most I've ever paid for a Fairfield. Yes, I had booked it myself at that rate but to get a shower curtain with pink mold when I'm paying the most I've ever paid for a Fairfield? I felt an adjustment to the room charge would be fair. The manager offered to add some Marriott points, which I felt was a weak response. She eventually made a slight reduction in the room charge,

The larger issue is how in the world pink mold in a room goes undetected....at a Fairfield Inn...one where your printed bill includes a letter from the general manager clearly stating his goal is 100% satisfaction and a perfect stay (his words, not mine).

As we left we saw a housekeeping cart in the hall with a fresh shower curtain still in its original package...so good to see the fast response.

Everything else about the hotel was very good..breakfast, bed quality, overall appearance. But when returning to Chattanooga (as we do once or twice a year) we are likely going to choose one of the other Fairfields in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
GMFairfieldCHATF, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your detailed review. I can assure you that I will address your concerns with my team and that I take them very seriously. We would like a chance to better serve you in the future. Thank you for your Platinum Elite status and your loyalty to Marriott. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I booked this hotel with my Marriott Free Night Certificate that I receive annually as a Marriott credit card holder. Honestly, I didn't expect much - it was free and outside the downtown area - but I was pleasantly surprised!

Chattanooga is not a large town, so the fact it's not downtown doesn't mean much - it's a 5 minute drive. And if you're visiting Lookout Mountain at all, it's the perfect location.

The staff are wonderful. They are very accommodating and willing to help. I called down for an extra blanket (my husband likes it cold) and within 60 seconds there was a knock at my door! The beds are very comfortable, the pool is clean (a bonus for my son) and the free, warm breakfast was bonus - they even had really decent coffee (coming from a coffee snob).

If you are on the fence, this place will not disappoint!

Amy

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Lookout Mountain
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GMFairfieldCHATF, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, seems to be new or newer construction; lobby is beautiful. Spacious rooms with a great view. Easy access to I-24. Close to several stores and restaurants.

Hotel is situated on top of a tall hill and overlooks the Chattanooga valley below and has a great view of Lookout Mountain. Room and was spacious and quiet. We were concerned because our room was directly next to the elevator and almost called to request a room change but we gave it a chance and ended up never hearing any noise during our stay. Bed was comfy.

Breakfast had several choices including waffles, scrambled eggs, cheese omelettes, sausage, yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels, pastries, milk, juice , coffee and was very good. Plenty of seating and tables in the breakfast/commons area. Did not use the pool so can't comment on that.

Only complaint was the loud bikers who thought it would be a good idea to rev up their bikes at 5:00am but this is no fault of the hotel.

Great hotel, would definitely stay again.

Hint: Highly recommend taking a short ride to the Raccoon Mountain Reservoir while you're in the area, very beautiful and peaceful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your great feedback. Sorry for the early morning noise that you experienced. I know this can be frustrating. Your feedback helps improve our operations. We hope that you come see us again real soon!