“Wonderful”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 855 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A couple of Australians just traveling through on 4th July weekend. Duck Confit …….amazing! Never tried it before but so glad i did. Cocktails perfect!. Service was impeccable and very friendly. Could not fault anything. I have recommended Public House/The Social to a few people already. Well done guys & girls, keep it up and you never know if we are in your neck of the woods again we may just stop by.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate lunch here as it was close to our hotel. I ordered an appetizer of fried pickles which also came with pimento cheese - very good! Our meals were grilled and fried chicken and a few vegetable dishes which we shared. Everything is reasonably priced. The service was also excellent. I will go back the next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I started with the marinated mushroom & goat cheese grilled cheese with a kale salad ($9) this is a very good sandwich. Cheesy, a good chewy bread and the mushrooms are exquisite. I also had the please of eating 1/2 of my daughters pot roast....the best I have ever had!!! It was very tender, flavorful and tender vegetables.

Service is very good, all presenting themselves in a professional way. You have your main sever and others pitch in to keep your glass full and the table clear of empty dishes.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visited the Public House during the weekday for lunch. The interior is quite nice, a rustic modern feel to it. I almost felt under-dressed, until I saw the wait staff looking just as comfortable as I. We were given the option to eat inside or out, and unfortunately chose inside. Once the restaurant became full, talking became an exercise of who could talk the loudest. The acoustics worked quite well in there.

My friend and I both ordered the vegetable plate. I ordered the mac and cheese, side salad and garlic green beans. It also came with a small mini cheese muffin (which they charge $1 for those requesting more...not worth $1 more!). I had high hopes for my food but was let down. The mac and cheese had a nice cheesy topping to it, although by the way the waitress described it there would be a nice crisp crust, so I was looking for the brown crust that identifies to me, a broiled mac & cheese. That, along with some salt in the dish was missing. The garlic green beans were also disappointing. They had no flavor, even with the garlic on them. They needed a touch of salt (available on the table) to bring them to the next level. The green salad was perhaps the best on the plate, a nice mixture of greens with tomatoes.

All in all, I was just a bit disappointed with the overall experience. Loud inside, food under-par for what they are claiming to be southern style cooking with a modern twist. It's unlikely I will return to give them a second chance.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We love this restaurant. My husband thinks their pot roast is the best he's ever eaten. I love the shrimp and grits. Excellent atmosphere. You won't be disappointed.