“Rude hostess - couldn't be bothered”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hostess had zero desire to add our name to a wait list, zero consideration for the fact we were just visiting for the first time and did not know that reservations were apparently not just accepted, but required.... with a first impression like that, why bother?

2  Thank Ben K

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Monday nights sometimes are "off" nights for restaurants but not at Public House! I have not had dinner there in several months so I was delighted with the menu for summer. After yoga all I desired were side dishes so I ordered garlic green beans, squash casserole, and quinoa pilaf. We ate at the bar, "The Social," because we enjoy the atmosphere and I was still in yoga clothes.
I absolutely loved the quinoa and the squash--not a typical cheesy, rich casserole. I ordered a glass of Albertoni Chardonnay to compliment my meal which was perfect, not oaky or acidic, very smooth and nice flavor. My friend had fried chicken livers and grits which were outstanding. The sauce did have some heat, but he enjoys spicy foods. Chattanooga has some fabulous restaurants, so don't forget to keep this one on your itinerary!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a large group go for dinner. Asked for separate checks, no problem. Mentioned that we had to be somewhere by a specific time, no problem. I ordered the pot roast and it was amazing. Several others in my group got the fried chicken and they all enjoyed it. The service was fantastic.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A couple of Australians just traveling through on 4th July weekend. Duck Confit …….amazing! Never tried it before but so glad i did. Cocktails perfect!. Service was impeccable and very friendly. Could not fault anything. I have recommended Public House/The Social to a few people already. Well done guys & girls, keep it up and you never know if we are in your neck of the woods again we may just stop by.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate lunch here as it was close to our hotel. I ordered an appetizer of fried pickles which also came with pimento cheese - very good! Our meals were grilled and fried chicken and a few vegetable dishes which we shared. Everything is reasonably priced. The service was also excellent. I will go back the next time I'm in town!