“don't bother”

GreenLeadersGold level
Roswell, Georgia
“don't bother”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We paid a lot for a two bedroom suite. It only had one bathroom, the living room was small and uncomfortable. The restaurant was not very good and the hotel is way under staffed. I would pick a lower service for a lower price next time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Frederico1st,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered with the room accommodations received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We we're heading home from Orlando and needed a place to sleep since we have about 23hrs. of drive time. I checked out the Trip Advisor and read the reviews for the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place so we called and reserved our rooms. We were very pleased when we arrived. It is very clean, spacious, and nice modern decor. The rooms are beautifully done and very comfortable. We were also pleased with our breakfast. It was different for us to be able to order our food just like a regular restaurant instead of buffet style. We paid one price and it included up to 4 adults and the children eat for free! Very nice. My husband loved that their were t.v's at the booths to watch but I prefer family time and good conversation over cartoons while eating. Chris was very nice and accommodating and my husband enjoyed talking sports with him even though they are rival fans! Lol our overall experience was very good and we would definitely go back.
~Beth~

Stayed January 2013
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We always get a lot of wonderful feedback about our clean spacious rooms and modern decor; and I am very pleased to read that you and your family feel the same way. Our service team is some of best professionals in the market-thank you for your warm remarks about Chris. I'm glad both Chris and your husband got the opportunity to get their sports fix for the day. Ha!

Thank you again for your time and business with us. Please let us know if your travel plans ever bring you to or through the Scenic City in the future because we'd love for you to be our guest again!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn 12-26 thru 12-28. From the moment we walked into the hotel I could tell how friendly all the employees, (CHRIS?) were. The Hotel is beautiful, love the decor so very modern. I would say this is the nicest Holiday Inn that I have stayed in. Our room was very comfortable. Loved the large shower enclosure! VERY CLEAN through out, from the lobby, to the resturant, to our room. I am pleased to say this is a NON smoking hotel. My husband & I smoke but that was ok, we went outside! We ate breakfast Thursday morning in the resturant. Prices were fine. My husband's eggs were a little overcooked, our waiter went back & told the chef. My husband told the waiter, (Ryan?) "OH, no it's ok I'll just eat these eggs,". Less than 2 min later the chef brought out 2 eggs..Perfectly cooked!! Thank you chef!
We had to return home a day early, due to my husband has to travel for business on Saturday
Next time we go to Chattanooga we WILL stay at the Holiday Inn HAMILTON PLACE!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynnhabby
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
It is such a great feeling to read that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place!

We are consistently working, tweaking and improving on new creative ways to maintain and build-upon our service to provide excellent facilities and accommodation to all of our guests. We always make sure that we provide the absolute best guest service that exemplifies the Holiday Inn brand name. It is very rewarding to read that Chris, Ryan and our Chef went above and beyond to make your experience a memorable one.

On behalf of my team, we hope to have an opportunity for you to be our guest again in the near future.

Chapel Hill
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Our family was returning from visiting St. Andrew's-Sewanee boarding school and wanted to rest up before heading back to North Carolina. Although, the strip that this hotel is on is overcrowded with hotels once you get to this property, you won't be disappointed. I was recognized as a Priority Club Member immediately during check in. Loved the indoor pool for my teens to swim in December and the business center equipment all worked. I felt very safe. Loved all the cleanliness and stylishness of the property. I would refer anyone to this property.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
It’s absolutely wonderful for our staff to hear your review; as our main goal is to provide every guest with superior service and accommodations that fit the Holiday Inn brand name.

We assure you that the things you mentioned will be maintained and we will continue to provide impeccable services to our valued customers like yourself.

Thank you very much for noticing our commitment to our guests and allowing us to share in your inspiring review. We welcome you back anytime!

Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have used tripadvisor before to look up hotels and restaurants before, but I have never felt the need to write about one myself. Hotel is about a year old but still has the brand new feel. The young man (Zach ) that checked me and my wife in was outstanding! We were visiting Chattanooga to "see the sights" and he gave us great suggestions, and directions. We had breakfast at the restaurant the morning we left and the young lady working made sure we were taken care of and the food was also good. Price was average, but we feel that we got a great deal. When we visit Chattanooga again we will be sure to stop at this hotel, even if we have to drive a little out of our way.

Room Tip: We had a high floor, it was fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for your time in posting such a great review of our hotel! Its satisfying for us as hoteliers to read great reviews like yours; as well as for us to pass along your great comments to our team.

In line with your great comments, we sincerely thank you for recognizing Zac and our Food & Beverage team. We are proud of the team we have, and personally believe we have the best service team in the city.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and for choosing to spend your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Honestly, this is the best Holiday Inn I have seen in many years. Where a lot of hotels (even Holiday Inn in many cases) are lacking in cleanliness and maintenance, this one is not. Granted, it hasn't even hit its one year birthday yet, but it is incredible and staff are truly achieving n A++++ in the upkeep of this location. It is a very hip and modern hotel as well.

Cody was wonderful at check-in and every staff member I encountered was friendy, professional, and filled with Southern hospitality. The room and common areas looked as if the place had just opened last week. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. Hamilton Place Mall is less than a mile away and the food options are endless. I will return to this hotel every time I am in this area as long as they keep doing what they're doing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review detailing your experience with us on TripAdvisor; I am very pleased to learn that you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Our hotel property is considered the "prototype" hotel for the new Holiday Inn brand consisting of state of the art modern technology with luxurious, well appointed guest rooms like you described. We personally believe this sets us apart from other hotels in and around the Hamilton Place market within the city of Chattanooga. Our team works exceptionally hard to maintain, delivery and exceed every expectation when it comes to our guests. For all of this and more we thank you.

Next time you are in the Scenic City we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for another great experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

My 6 year old son and I were waiting over Friday and Saturday night while my daughter was at a Bible Confernece @ Precept. It was very close to Precept, great sources of dining in several price ranges just across the interstate. Tons of class 1 retail also across the interstate if your desire is to put yourself through that sort of thing. Very convenient to get in and out of town as well, also close to the airport. We had the chance to drive around the town while we were there, be careful...example the Chatanooga Choo Choo Hotel would look like a fun place to stay until you get there. Urban decay in Chattanooga is very real, you wouldn't want to be in some neighborhoods after dark, the location for this hotel seems very stable.
Food in the restraunant was not bad, service was very good, even had a TV in each booth which was ideal for me with my son. There was an up charge to get breakfast which I didn't take, but there are lots of alternatives around the hotel, on the other hand my son ate free when we did use their establishment.
Most importantly, had my wife been with us she would have been very comfortable with the cleanliness, I'll stay at any dive to save a buck if I'm by myself but, this place would have met with her approval (not an easy task). Also had a decent but small indoor pool that my son was able to enjoy and I was able to read! Hope they Keep up the good work, if needing a place to crash again will definitely consider them again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with other future travelers on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place

Thank you for commenting on our cleanliness, service, and location in approximately to the very best Chattanooga has to offer. We personally feel this alone sets us apart from what other hotels in the Chattanooga market has to offer.

On behalf of my team, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the Scenic City.