“Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed at......By Far”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have must have stayed at over 100 hotels throughout the years. This is by far the cleanest, with most friendly staff you could ask for. I ate every meal in the Fuse restaurant. The food was so good and perfectly prepared that on the fourth night I asked to meet the chef. He came out and introduced himself as Reggie. I thanked him for the excellent food he prepapred. All of the waitresses were as good as you could ask for. Every evening I came back to my room and it looked as if I had just checked in again with the exception of my personal belongings already being there. Thr room temperature was the same as I set it before I had left that morning. I think the tv had as many channels as I have at home. Most hotels have about 30 to 40 channels at best. But here they must have close to 100 channels if not more. I don't care much for working out of town, but this hotel almost made it like being at home. (only cleaner) lol... Any time I am in or even remotely close to Chattanooga, I will deffinately be staying here.

Room Tip: Get the executive suite, i.e. room 301. You will have your own living room, with 2 HD tv's.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel! Guest feedback is truly a gift and we welcome both positive and constructive comments alike.

It is with great pleasure that we warmly welcome, meet and exceed our guests expectations on a daily basis. Our service team works exceptionally hard to provide the type of service that fits the Holiday Inn brand name. I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team, especially Chef Reggie. I am very pleased to read that you hold such fond memories of your stay. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

Your time and business is important to us, and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stayed here for one night after visiting the local sites downtown. It was great.

Zac at the front desk was excellent. His customer service skills are great. Was recongnized right away as a platium member. No upgrades avaliable but that was fine. Was offered free breakfast for the family and some drinks. What a nice touch. Other Holiday Inn's should take notes.

The room was very clean and spacious. Everything was in working order. Had to queen beds and had room for a pack in play too. The windows were a little drafty but it was very cold outside.

The hotel was five minutes from the mall where there are lots of places to eat over there. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was great. Everything was really good and the service was excellent to. The bar looked nice but didn't have a chance to come back down and enjoy a drink. However that was a nice perk for the hotel.

We definately will be looking at staying here again when we return to the area. Thanks again for the gret stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our professional service team, facilities and breakfast buffet. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased, especially Zac, to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to exceed your expectations. We personally believe we have the absolute best service team in the Chattanooga market. This, by itself, sets us apart from the competition as the leader in guest experience.

On behalf of my team at Chattanooga’s leading lodging choice, Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place, we look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stopped here for the night on the way home from Florida because of the location off I75.....staff was exceptional and the rooms were very nice....modern, well kept and very large....even though it sits among several other hotels and just off the interstate it is very quiet....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

It is such a great feeling to read that you had a great experience during your stay with us. I will pass along your comments about our exceptional staff and large/clean guestrooms to our team. Thank you sincerely for recognizing the efforts of our team to create lasting impressions for all our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and business. Next time you are traveling on I-75 please stop in and visit with us!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stopped here for a couple of nights to spend some time out of the car and booked the two bedroom suite. The layout is odd, especially since there is only one bathroom, normally two bedroom suites have one off of each room. The rooms were good sizes and very comfortable but the living room/kitchen area hardly qualifies as that. The living room had no window and was a hard couch that could seat two. There was not enough seating for everyone to sit in the living area. The kitchen also consisted of a mini fridge that didnt work and a sink, rather than a full kitchen which you normally get in a two bedroom arraignment.

The staff at the hotel was great, we had our kids and they were always kind to them. The waitress in the restaurant was clearly overworked but was kind and helpful the entire time during our stay.

Room Tip: Dont bother with the breakfast included rate, they stop serving at 10AM and the breakfast is hardly...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments alike.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies if you were left to feel disappointed with the overall layout of the 2 bedroom suite. These particular suites are frequently requested by many of our guests since we opened last year primarily due to the overall size and layout. Be that as it may, I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you and your family as you expected a suite a little different. I am, however, happy and very proud to read your warm remarks about our professional service team. It is truly our pleasure to assist all of our guests with the very best hospitality at all times. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans ever bring you back to the city of Chattanooga.

Along with my team, we thank you for staying with us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your feedback.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed here when my son was checking in to school at SLTC in Georgia. We had stayed the night before at the La Quinta near by and definitely didn't want to stay there again. The price at Holiday Inn was only $20 more than the La Quinta and it was well worth the extra $20.The La Quinta didn't even have a matteress covers on the beds, just a thin sheet. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean. We got a good nights sleep in these comfy beds. We ate breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel, which was much better than the continental breakfast that you get at other hotels. It was close to Groomes transporation, which took us from Chattanooga to the Atlanta airport. We are looking forward to staying at this hotel again when my son graduates from school.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place during your recent trip through Chattanooga on your way to SLTC in Gerogia. Thank you for sharing your detailed experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are priced similarly to other hotels in the Hamilton Place market, but what sets our property apart from other hotels is our top notch service team. Thank you sincerely for commending our team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We paid a lot for a two bedroom suite. It only had one bathroom, the living room was small and uncomfortable. The restaurant was not very good and the hotel is way under staffed. I would pick a lower service for a lower price next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Frederico1st,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered with the room accommodations received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We we're heading home from Orlando and needed a place to sleep since we have about 23hrs. of drive time. I checked out the Trip Advisor and read the reviews for the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place so we called and reserved our rooms. We were very pleased when we arrived. It is very clean, spacious, and nice modern decor. The rooms are beautifully done and very comfortable. We were also pleased with our breakfast. It was different for us to be able to order our food just like a regular restaurant instead of buffet style. We paid one price and it included up to 4 adults and the children eat for free! Very nice. My husband loved that their were t.v's at the booths to watch but I prefer family time and good conversation over cartoons while eating. Chris was very nice and accommodating and my husband enjoyed talking sports with him even though they are rival fans! Lol our overall experience was very good and we would definitely go back.
~Beth~

Stayed: January 2013
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We always get a lot of wonderful feedback about our clean spacious rooms and modern decor; and I am very pleased to read that you and your family feel the same way. Our service team is some of best professionals in the market-thank you for your warm remarks about Chris. I'm glad both Chris and your husband got the opportunity to get their sports fix for the day. Ha!

Thank you again for your time and business with us. Please let us know if your travel plans ever bring you to or through the Scenic City in the future because we'd love for you to be our guest again!