“Great Motel - Just Don't Expect Internet Service”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I'm a business traveler taking on-line classes. The room was very clean. Nice TV and cable service. Friendly desk help. NO INTERNET SERVICE. When I tried to get on-line from my room using wireless - there was no signal. I pulled out my tablet and tried it - no signal. I went down stairs to the desk and was told they were resetting the router and it would be up soon. Two hours later - no service. I read the placard in the room regarding internet service and it indicated that wired service was available via a ethernet cable available from the front desk. I obtained an ethernet cable, plugged it in - NO SERVICE. I went back down stairs with my laptop to try and get a signal from the lobby - no luck. I was informed by one person that the service there has always been bad. I missed my class. I was supposed to stay at the motel three nights, but I had to leave the next morning to find another motel with internet service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony4LMI
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding the issues you incurred with our internet service. We have reached out to our provider to investigate why this is occurring and have amended the problem. We do hope that you will try us again if you are back in Chattanooga. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A friend and I spent the night here the night before she went home to North Dakota. We chose this location because of their military discount and the fact that it was airport adjacent.
The staff was very professional and friendly at check in. Upon arriving to our double bed suite, we were pleasantly surprised to find trendy decor with immaculate upkeep. The bathroom was very spacious with plenty of counterspace and a very cool basin-style sink. The tub was clean enough that I felt comfortable taking a sit down bath.
The beds were a little firm for my taste, but not so bad that I couldn't sleep. The sheets were soft and they provided a choice of firm or soft pillows on each bed.
We also were able to enjoy the free WiFi and large flatscreen tv before bed.
The only complaint I had was the free coffee in the lobby tasted stale and was lukewarm. Which wasn't really a big deal to us, but it felt worth mentioning.
Overall, our stay was pleasant, and we were very happy with our choice of hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We are so glad that your experience at our hotel was a great one and loved the decor at our hotel. We hope you will visit us again when you are back in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times and it is always clean and they always go out of their way to take care of anything I need. If you need a hotel in Chattanooga this is one of the best. Their FUSE lounge is a relaxing place to unwind after a long day and the staff of the entire property goes above and beyond.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael D
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

WOW! Thank you for your time, repeat business, and for detailing your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place on TripAdvisor.

Your comments truly hit home for my owners, management, and team. It is an absolute honor, and privilege for us to be your home away from home while you are in the Chattanooga area. Thank you for expressing your kind appraisal of my team, facilities, service, and for mentioning our FUSE Lounge as a relaxing venue to unwind after a long day. Next time you are visiting with us, take a look at our new Sunset Occasion menu featuring firecracker shrimp, hand cut ribeye steaks, pub chips and more!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another great experience.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently booked a stay here for the second time in 2 years. This hotel seems new and the rooms are perfect: they are spacious, contemporary decor, comfortable bed, big flat screen tv, spacious bathroom and shower. We had a better view out the window on this visit. I really like how you can draw a shade and curtains to block out all outside light.
The staff was friendly. Enjoyed the bar for a drink or two on both visits. We likely saved a lot of money by not staying directly downtown Chattanooga, and we will likely never stay anywhere else when visiting the city. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the downtown area.
We are looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much for your time in posting a review of your recent experience with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn, InterContinental Hotels Group, in electing to stay with us for the 2nd time in 2 years.

Your review is the exact lasting impression we want all our guests to experience while staying with us. Everything from the contemporary decor, location, spacious room, everything, is music to our ears! I especially liked reading your warm remarks about our friendly service team. We have an outstanding team of hospitality professionals that literally go out of their way to ensure each guest is comfortably taken care of. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

On behalf of my team, we certainly look forward in welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Property is less than one year old. I had a double room which was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was big and had a large vanity. We ran out of clean towels and the staff was very quick to replenish. Large clean lobby and fireplace. Cookies upon arrival were nice treat! Hotel is very close to restaurants, shopping and interstate. Nice looking bar and restaurant inside lobby. Parking area could be improved because there is no walkway directly into hotel unless you're parking in handicapped parking.

Room Tip: Choose room away from interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide feedback regarding your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

I realize when traveling for business or leisure you have many choices in the Chattanooga market, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us. Our team of hospitality professionals is the driving-force behind our guests experiencing a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for your recommendation about our parking situation. It is only through guest feedback that we are able to improve our operation.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future for another outstanding experience.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Chattanooga to attend a volleyball game. We used HotelTonight to book a prepaid discounted room. We arrived around four that afternoon and were pleased with the lobby and by our first impression. Our room request (high floor, away from elevators) was met and the front desk was pleasant. Upon arriving in the room, we were horrified by huge clusters of ladybugs covering numerous areas of the walls and curtains. We immediately called the front desk and she said she would call me right back. (I assumed to line up a new room). Ten minutes, and no phone call later, I called the front desk again and said we were on our way back down. She replied she was sending housekeeping to the room. As if we would stay in a bug infested room if they vacuumed up the bugs?!?!?! After going downstairs, there was one person checking in and another waiting in line. After waiting for the person to finish checking in, I handed her my key and thought she would just hand me a different room key. Instead, she told me I would have to wait in line. By then, we were cutting it close to get to the game. Eventually we got the key to the second room, on a different floor. When we got off the elevator, we immediately noticed that there were ladybugs all over the walls. Our room, while not as bad, still had a dozen or so ladybugs. We went back down to the front desk, where we were not even acknowledged. I asked for a manager. Ten minutes later, a food and beverage manager came out and apologized, handed out a breakfast voucher and said the ladybugs were bad this time of year. Only because we would have lost our $ for our prepaid room, we tried one more room, on the opposite side of the building. It did not appear to have any bugs. Needless to say, I slept with one eye open and did not want any "free food" from that kitchen. Horrible stay, apathetic front desk person.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and for chosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place while in the Scenic City for a volleyball game. Our team appreciates all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our service and facilites for our guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or discomfort you encountered. For some odd reason, these little harmless critters have become quite the nuisance in the Chattanooga/SouthEast region of the country this fall season. I trust the Destin, FL area been spared, which is very fortunate. With respect to 3rd party websites, such as hoteltonight, unfortunately, we as hoteliers are very restricted as to what we can do when service failure conditions present themselves. I am, however, happy to read that our team attempted to make it right with you by buying you breakfast, and relocating you to another room that better suites your needs. I have attempted to contact you via TripAdvisor to further discuss your experience, but I have not been able to connect with you. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 423-485-1185 and I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

I trust we will have another opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future by welcoming you back for a great experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is fairly new hotel, but what makes it so special is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Upon check in Chris provided us with lots of local information and dinner recommendations when we decided to venture out of the hotel for dinner. Josh the bar tender was friendly and helpful and in the morning when I did not see tea offered at the coffee area, Nate went and got me a cup when he realized I did not want coffee. Recently we have enjoyed Holiday Inns more than any other chain due to the value, comfort of the rooms, sleep quality and over all value.
The only short coming on this hotel was not having a TV in the fitness room. This was not a huge issue, since the staff was so helpful on everything else.
Also more signage to the hotel would be helpful, since it was difficult to find.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us, as we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance.

Thank you so much for taking notice of the friendliness and hospitality of our service team, especially from our front desk and F&B. Our ultimate goal is to provide exceptional guest service that coincides with the Holiday Inn brand family. With respect to your feedback about our TVs and signage, I am thrilled to report that we now have the highest quality of HD TVs in our fitness center available 24/7 for our guests to utilize. In regards to signage, this is in the works as we speak, and should be resolved within the next few weeks.

On behalf of my team, we hope for you to be our guest again at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place in the near future.