“AMAZING!!”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times! The staff makes me feel like I am part of the family. The staff is always friendly and helpful. When I go out to work every morning they tell me to have a good day and when I come in at night they ask me how my day was and if they can do anything for me. The rooms are always clean. I have never had any trouble sleeping, the beds are so comfortable. The breakfast buffet is the best! If my company needs rooms booked in Chattanooga I always book them at this property because I know they will have an great experience! I tell everyone I can about this hotel! The only place I will stay in Chattanooga! It is Amazing!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Ms. Tanya, Thank you so very much for completing a short survey. All of our team members are trained at levels to make all our guests' travel accommodations as easy as possible. We are very proud of taking care of you and your company during your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked this hotel for one night in April 2014 after reading lots of good reviews.

Upon checking in, the front desk employee was friendly but not particularly informative, I had to prompt him several times for info regarding onsite amenities and options.

When I initially stepped into my room, I was impressed. I assume it was an accessible room, not sure, but it had a walk-in shower. Everything felt clean and relatively new. It's always nice to have a microfridge in the room. The first thing I usually do is get some ice . . . BUT the ice machine on my floor did not work. That should've been a sign to me, but it didn't register. The ice machine on my floor (7th?) never worked during my stay.

Most unfortunately, the TV in my room didn't work. After trying to get someone on the phone several times, it took two visits/interruptions from employees to get the TV to work that evening. Then the next morning, again it wouldn't come on. I'm pretty sure you should just be able to turn a TV on. I just really enjoy the break of relaxing and watching cable TV while staying in a hotel room. It was very disappointing that it didn't work and the employees had no idea what was wrong with it, other than randomly jiggling wires for what seemed like an interminable length of time.

Also, it was too much of a hassle to use the wi-fi; apparently I needed to get a piece of equipment from the front desk for it to work - but it likely wouldn't have worked either ...

I probably wouldn't stay here again, my experience kind of ruined this hotel for me. It was unfortunate and very annoying that many things didn't work as they should have, and that I wasn't able to just relax after arriving.

Room Tip: Check to make sure everything works as it should before settling in, including the ice machine. Ask...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mtwilkins
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear mtwilkins,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at from beginning to end.Sherine at the front desk got us in our room quickly and helped with any questions we had. The lovely Emily at the bar made an excellent margarita and was very talkative and pointed us in the right direction to the nicest spots in town. The food was impressive for hotel food, we even got to speak to the chef, Reggie, who spoke like he loves what he does! Overall 5 star experience!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your kind words and choosing the Holiday Inn - Chattanooga Hamilton Place to stay during your travels. All of our team members aim to providing a seamless experience for our guests and we truly appreciate all of your feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Well, first let me say that I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express yet this was my crew hotel so I didn't have a choice in the matter this go around. However, I was very very pleasantly surprised! Lets start with the pro's-
Newer Hotel- less than 2 years old. Newer bath fixtures, bedding was nice, firm beds, tub was nice and large.. I enjoyed a great soak!, The restaurant downstairs had a fantastic hot breakfast.. around 10.00 a person (with my status I received free breakfast). The customer service in this hotel was AMAZING! When I checked in Chris gave me detailed information on how to find the public transit to get downtown.. They were kind enough to allow me a late check out with my flight out getting delayed. Maurice helped me on the first night when my dinner I called in didn't arrive. He took care of making sure I ate. I have not had such wonderful customer service in years at a hotel and I work in the industry!

The only con honestly is the wifi. It truly is bad. I kept losing the signal and had to switch to different Holiday Inn signals to get it to reconnect. This was a mild inconvenience for me compared to the other wonderful attributes to this hotel. It is only about 10 mins from the airport.. very close to a huge mall.. and lots of food places close. Texas Roadhouse and Waffle house within walking distance.

I would not hesitate a moment to hesitate to recommend this hotel for any of my clients.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay, and for choosing the Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place Chattanooga. We are so pleased that we had the opportunity to be your accommodation of choice during your recent travels. We are very proud to have Chris as part of our Holiday Inn family and I will inform him of your nice comments. We hope that should you have the opportunity to return to our wonderful city, that we will once again be your accommodation of choice.

Kindest Regards,
Hemu Patel

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is located about 10-15 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. There are many eating establishments located around the hotel. When we first checked-in we told the front desk clerk that it was our anniversary - no congratulations or anything, different strokes for different folks I guess?? Day1 - When then get to our room and had to immediately be moved as it had a very strong mildew smell. We then arrive to the new room, the bathroom tub had some black goop in the corner (surely housekeeping has seen this, because it can't be missed...) That evening my husband killed 2 bugs on the curtain in one of the bedrooms.
Day 2 - We went out for awhile and came back and the room key would not work. I called down to the front desk to tell them, and they said that I could come and get another key. I told them that I had bags and children and I would appreciate it if they could bring it up. When the young lady arrived, she did not apologize for the key not working, handed me one key (for a 2 bedroom suite) and made me feel like I was interrupting her day. I chalked it up to - well maybe she's having a bad day. When we do get into the room, housekeeping has cleaned and only left one set of towels for a 2 bedroom suite. Once again, I had to call down to request more towels.
I must say that the men working the front desk were always cordial and talkative. They engaged conversation with my husband and I and also gave us directions and tips on where to go they were very pleasant, as well as the restaurant staff.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mvh007
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

I sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay. We want to assure you that the water issues have been resolved. I have addressed your concerns with our team and noted your concerns to ensure that the appropriate measures are taken so this does not occur again. We strive to not only wow our guests, but to build customer loyalty so I thank you so much for your feedback so that we have the opportunity to continually make improvements.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Avoid this hotel. They do not have an adequate safety program in place. This weekend the fire alarm went off close to 5:00 a.m for less than 5 minutes. Then a short time later another alarm went off and lasted for about an hour. During this time many people panicked and rushed for stairwells. Many were barefoot and dressed in pajamas and had to stand In the rain. Babies were in onesies. People were on walkers. It took the Chattanooga fire dept. almost an hour to respond to a broken water pump or pipe. Yes a broken pump or pipe. No one ever confirmed which one but it was definitely not a fire or life or death situation. During this time no one was at the front desk for a period of time, the elevators were not locked down, and no one used the intercom system to notify customers it was not a life or death situation. Don't know why a code wasn't entered to turn off the system. At my request, I was not charged for my room that night.
Additionally upon arrival the hotel had no water. No one at the desk bothered to tell me. Eventually came on but went off again when the alarm started, the shampoo in my room had been used and not replaced. TV remote didn't work properly. Rooms are so noisy, it is difficult to sleep. You can hear people above, especially the housekeeping carts. I could hear water running in the next room.
I will not stay at this property again. I do not trust the management/staff to know how to adequately handle an emergency situation.

Room Tip: Avoid lower levels. They are too noisy. I was on 6th floor and it was too noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay. I want to assure you that the water issues have been resolved. I have addressed your concerns with my team and noted them to ensure that the appropriate measures are taken so this does not occur again. We strive to not only wow our guests, but to build customer loyalty so I thank you so much for your feedback so that we have the opportunity to continually make improvements.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I'm a business traveler taking on-line classes. The room was very clean. Nice TV and cable service. Friendly desk help. NO INTERNET SERVICE. When I tried to get on-line from my room using wireless - there was no signal. I pulled out my tablet and tried it - no signal. I went down stairs to the desk and was told they were resetting the router and it would be up soon. Two hours later - no service. I read the placard in the room regarding internet service and it indicated that wired service was available via a ethernet cable available from the front desk. I obtained an ethernet cable, plugged it in - NO SERVICE. I went back down stairs with my laptop to try and get a signal from the lobby - no luck. I was informed by one person that the service there has always been bad. I missed my class. I was supposed to stay at the motel three nights, but I had to leave the next morning to find another motel with internet service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony4LMI
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding the issues you incurred with our internet service. We have reached out to our provider to investigate why this is occurring and have amended the problem. We do hope that you will try us again if you are back in Chattanooga. Thank you.