“A good stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Nashville, Tennessee
“A good stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel was clean, staff was nice, Breakfast was ok, seems it could have been a tad bit more organized.

There is a lot of places to eat and shopping close by.

I like this hotel but giving it average because we were put in the last room on the 6th floor next to the storage/Housekeeping room or something. Even though this hotel does not allow pets you would have thought it was a pack of wild dogs running down the hall and I found out later it was the carts being pushed into the room next door. The sound was horrible and therefore we didn't need an alarm clock.. Would I still stay here again..YES

Room Tip: Any room away from the storage closet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear TNChic615,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our clean hotel, nice staff and breakfast up to par with your expectations. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my hotel of choice when staying in the Chattanooga area. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean. It is also at a great location by restaurants and retail stores. The hotel is newer and very modern.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga Hamilton Place. Your kind feedback is truly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, I am pleased that you found us to be conveniently located and you received top notched service. We look forward to seeing you soon! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Manchester, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked 7/4/14. Room clean. View was fine. Staff fine. No wash cloths in room when trying to shower. Waited til next morning. Housekeeping didn't speak enough English to understand & kept giving hand towels to bathe with! Called front desk & got what was needed. Ate buffet breakfast in restaurant bar Fuse. For $10 the selection was less than avg, including lukewarm coffee. Only 1 server in entire place & he was run ragged & did a great job! The air conditioning was THE WORST. Left the unit in room on all day & was warm when we returned even tho thermostat said 68. HALLWAY WAS 10 DEGREES COOLER! Front desk moved us to room with air with 2 controls. Set both at 60 & went to bed. ALL OF US ARE SWEATING & WE ARE WIDE AWAKE WAY BEFORE 6:00 ON SUNDAY! I will let them know when we check out that we will definitely not be back. The hotel was way better when first opened a couple of yrs ago when I brought my mom here!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tatermom2302
Hello tatermom2302,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the conditions of the room and the service in our restaurant that you received. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent two nights here. Chris at the front desk helped us tremendously. We were in town for Chattanooga Lookouts/Pensacola Wahoo Double AA baseball games. Looking for things to do during the day, he gave us directions to a book store and recommended a huge, used bookstore nearby. Great find. He was patient, helpful, and excellent in every way. He was outgoing and personable. Other staff was ok, but seemed bashful, quiet, or shy.

Room Tip: Our room did not have good view, but very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janice M
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We are proud to have Chris as part of our Holiday Inn family. I will make sure to let him know your comments and put a star by his name. We hope to see you again when the Wahoos play again. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We really enjoyed this holiday Inn for so many reasons. It was in a quiet area, but close to all the restaurants and things to do. The hotel was very lovely, and the rooms were very roomy, with comfy beds. We had a problem with our t.v. remote, and was very quickly taken care of. The food in the restaurant was very good. The bathroom was large, and had lots of towels. I can't say anything bad about this hotel. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. I am glad you appreciate our facilities and the service you received. We hope to see you again when passing through our Scenic City.
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just stayed here two nights while traveling for work. My first thought when I saw the building as we drove up was, "wow... this looks brand new and very modern". The hotel is just that - very nicely decorated on the inside with a contemporary look to it. The gal who check us in at the front desk said the hotel was roughly two years old.

There were three of us, two of us in rooms on the third floor directly across from one another. Unfortunately for us (and the reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 for this stay) there was a very large group of young men staying who behaved like fraternity boys having a blowout the first night of our stay. Running up and down the halls, doors slamming every few minutes... I turned my AC down to try and drown out the noise. It did not seem like the hotel tried to address this issue despite guest complaints. So that is the worst part of the stay...

Staff - solid customer service, everyone was very polite. Although on day two in the afternoon apparently this shorter young gentleman (who was a manager I believe) could not be bothered listening to my request to call a cab for the next morning for an early flight out. He wrote it down but was very dismissive and made me feel as though I was burdening him by the request. It occurred to me later I should have just set up my own Uber car service. Thankfully the older gentleman who had worked the night shift later that night was SO accommodating and sweet and made sure that I had a cab at 6AM. Hey, may not seem like much - but just one person perceived as rude can change an entire impression of a hotel where I am concerned.

The rooms where really VERY nice. I was in room 313 and found it to be roomy, clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable as well. AND despite what others have indicated the WiFi worked just fine on all of my devices. LOVED the nice big walk in shower and roomy bathroom. Nice little kitchenette area with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge were also in the room, although I only used the coffee maker.

Restaurant - we had drinks and some food our first night at the bar. The gal working was super nice and took great care of us. I would say to not expect anything gourmet here - but it is solid 3 star hotel level food. We had appetizers - Quesadilla and Sliders... they were both items that appeared 'reheated' which tells me that maybe they don't have a full kitchen? Particularly the sliders. Both WERE good though - so not complaining, just pointing it out for those that don't like that sort of thing. The other odd thing was she brought us napkins (now mind you at the tables there were nice cloth napkins) which were actually sink paper towels? Not a nice touch at all. It is nice to have a restaurant/bar in a hotel when you are traveling and this one did not disappoint, they just need to iron out a few things that can change a persons (like me) perception of the overall quality.

Would totally stay here again - super close to a really nice Starbucks and mall, proximity to my work facility was great. Nice job Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff always tries to take care of each guest so we are pleased we could accommodate you during your business trip. I apologize for the noise that you encountered from our baseball players. We have addressed the issue with the team leader and have added security for the nights they stay with us to ensure quiet accommodations for travelers like yourself. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the Scenic City.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Upon arriving home we discovered we might have have to stay a few nights in motels around home.
This Holiday Inn is somewhat obscure in what would be considered a busy part of Chattanooga, but is also very secure.
The staff was very friendly, the in-house restaurant was really good at breakfast, and the room was clean and very comfortable.
We were unable to take advantage of the in-door pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gunny214
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you had a great experience and great service from our staff. We look forward with you staying with us again and hopefully you will have a chance to enjoy the indoor pool next time. Until then, we wish you the nothing but the best.