“Love this place!”

Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center
Ranked #41 of 153 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center offers 317 acres of scenic splendor, outdoor recreation, botanical and wildlife exhibits, and more. Just five miles from downtown Chattanooga, we are family-friendly and dog-friendly. Hike, ride your bicycle, paddle or fish on Lookout Creek, or just chill.
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We love the CNC! It's a great place to go and just enjoy the outdoors. We love the trails, the rocks are fun to climb on, and the low-traffic roads are great for bike rides. Take a picnic lunch! It's gorgeous in the fall, and their special Halloween and Christmas events are some of the best around!

3  Thank leelercat

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

If you would want to take a great, non strenuous hike in Chattanooga, this is the place to go! We almost skipped it based on a very negative review we saw from this month, but I am so glad we stopped by to check it out! Yes, some exhibits like the wildlife wander land are best for some people only if they're with kids, but we thought the staff did an excellent job explaining why the animals are housed there and their plan to conserve the red wolves existence! Ps, get out of the car and walk along the Reflection Rd and explore. That's where the real fun is! There are tons of hidden treasures like crazy wild turkeys, bamboo gardens, and rock formations along the trails. It was truly one of our favorite spots in the week we stayed in Chattanooga. Also some of the best natural photo ops!

8  Thank lesposito316
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We are members at the Nature Center. I have written reviews before. We went today in October and it was so beautiful. The leaves were changing and the view of the mountain was gorgeous. They have added some things like a small nature based play area for kids which is really cute. We also went on a field trip there recently which was fun.

They are working on the board walk right now and I guess replacing part of it or improving it or something. You can still get to the tree houses and animal area but you have to go a different way. It might be hard to get a stroller through to the animal area now because you have to go through the woods from the parking lot.

The treehouse is our favorite part. So whimsical. The canoeing was cool the one time we went. I just love how quiet it is and pretty at the nature center. Always relaxes me so much. The bamboo forest was neat because people have built up cool forts out of bamboo. They have scarecrows there now but only about 10. Great place to get away from crowds and noise and the city and get back to nature.

I have had some encounters with some employees there that were less than pleasant and some that were great. Probably because some are volunteers. I think it just depends. They might want to work on customer service. Nothing atrocious just little attitude problems in things they said to us.

1  Thank aprilsumner
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The only reason I gave the Arboretum an average rating is because much of the area was flooded and we only got to do the 3-mile ride through a small area. However, what we did get to see was wonderful! We will certainly revisit the Arboretum on our next trip with the hopes that it will be back to normal.

1  Thank VandDB
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The reflection riding and the trails were all beautiful, and I loved the signs along the riding with the war history in the area. It's a lengthy drive that's worth the $10.
The tree house is really neat, and canoe rentals are affordable. The wildlife trail made me kind of sad at first, because I felt like the cages were small for the animals until I learned that all the animals had either been injured or habituated to humans and couldn't go back in the wild (quoting from a sign!) so it made me feel better that it wasn't just another sad zoo. I liked the variety of animals; they're not the kind you see every day, at least close up!
The Chattanoog Visitor's Bureau website has coupons for buy one adult admission get one free, so we were able to pay $10 instead of $20 which was great. The only reason it's not 5 stars was because at some points it felt like something I could see any day for free and it got a little boring, but for the most part I enjoyed it.

5  Thank Kayla C