“Wish I Skipped This Property”
Review of 4 A's Inn

4 A's Inn
Ranked #85 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wish I read the reviews before checking in. Wish I left after encountering surly agent. Wish I left after my key did not work in first room. Wish I left after entering the second room; it was nasty. I will add pictures.

Instead, I went back to surly agent and asked for another room. He reissued keys to first room and I stayed. I am an idiot.

I did open the door and use a towel to move the stank air around. I cranked the a/c and drove to Dollar General up the street to buy disinfectant spray and room deodorizers. I sprayed everywhere, set up the deodorizers, and went to the pool.

Pool was OK. Water was cloudy, not seemingly clean. I sat in a lounge chair and it broke. The other chairs had nasty stains.

Some good things. Wifi worked well. Pillows were comfortable. Noise was tolerable. Convenient location to visit Chatty and then go south next morning. Morning agent was pleasant.

Breakfast was crap. Cardboard old dry cereal, instant grit packages, generic bread, and Sara Lee cake packages (probably from nearby surplus store).

This property is an embarrassment to the Days Inn and Wyndham brands. The previous evening I stated at the Travelodge (another Wyndham place) on Shallowford. So much better. I took a risk trying another property and suffered.

Please do not be an idiot. Drive by this place without regret.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The sheets on the bed had black specks and stained comforter, the coffee maker had a layer of dust and the shampoo was opened and half used. The bathroom had hair on the toilet and the shower leaked when in use. The blinds on the window fell off when we tried to close them. We did not feel clean when we slept in the beds and the shower did not make us feel any better. One of the worst motels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I use this property for business often and yes it is an older property but it's always been clean and the staff friendly.
It's a shame that there are so many reviews on here from people from East Ridge that have only written one review. It's plain that it's someone with a beef against the property maybe someone that was fired or kicked out for some reason. I never pay any attention to reviews then the person has only written one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tykelb
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It don't take a brain surgeon to see that all these reviews that the person writing the review is from East Ridge and has only written one review is some local that was fired or the police was called on them for some reason while they were there. I use this property often and yes it's an older property but I have never had any problems with the staff or my rooms being dirty.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business