“dirty hotel”

Ranked #83 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Camden, Tennessee
“dirty hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

the carpet was filthy, there were young people hanging around the steps from our room, it made me feel very uncomfortable. a spider the size of a half dollar was in my bed. i would have left the first night but it was getting late and i didn't want to disturb my grand daughter. we didn't use the pool, we only slept there and i hate to say but i won't use them again.

Room Tip: either take out the carpets or clean them. i think its too late to clean them. either replace them...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pontotoc, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice staff, but room needs work.
The door chain lock was broken, no tv remote, restroom door knob was coming loose, and also drain on shower / tub didn't work unless held in certain position.
One of the beds didn't have fitted sheet on mattress.

Room Tip: Repairs needed.
1 Thank Brian H
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wish I read the reviews before checking in. Wish I left after encountering surly agent. Wish I left after my key did not work in first room. Wish I left after entering the second room; it was nasty. I will add pictures.

Instead, I went back to surly agent and asked for another room. He reissued keys to first room and I stayed. I am an idiot.

I did open the door and use a towel to move the stank air around. I cranked the a/c and drove to Dollar General up the street to buy disinfectant spray and room deodorizers. I sprayed everywhere, set up the deodorizers, and went to the pool.

Pool was OK. Water was cloudy, not seemingly clean. I sat in a lounge chair and it broke. The other chairs had nasty stains.

Some good things. Wifi worked well. Pillows were comfortable. Noise was tolerable. Convenient location to visit Chatty and then go south next morning. Morning agent was pleasant.

Breakfast was crap. Cardboard old dry cereal, instant grit packages, generic bread, and Sara Lee cake packages (probably from nearby surplus store).

This property is an embarrassment to the Days Inn and Wyndham brands. The previous evening I stated at the Travelodge (another Wyndham place) on Shallowford. So much better. I took a risk trying another property and suffered.

Please do not be an idiot. Drive by this place without regret.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
East Ridge
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The sheets on the bed had black specks and stained comforter, the coffee maker had a layer of dust and the shampoo was opened and half used. The bathroom had hair on the toilet and the shower leaked when in use. The blinds on the window fell off when we tried to close them. We did not feel clean when we slept in the beds and the shower did not make us feel any better. One of the worst motels I have ever stayed in.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Super 8 Chattanooga/East Ridge
Quality Inn & Suites
#41 of 97 in Chattanooga
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to 4 A's Inn? Share your experiences!