“One for the Wrecking Ball”
Review of 4 A's Inn

4 A's Inn
Ranked #85 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 15 August 2014

you would think that a motel which is part of a chain which, in turn, is part of a rewards network would have some minimal standards of quality. no such luck here. It is arguably one of the worst motels I have stayed at and is so run down that it should be demolished. While the small size of my room was not an issue, the musty smell was. The physical condition of the bathroom was appalling, with the floor edges badly deteriorated. About the only thing positive I can say about the motel is that at least the towels and sheets were clean.

Room Tip: an impossible task given the motel condition
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Walter W

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I were traveling and stopped here for the night. Thinking Days Inn is always a decent place to stay. This was NOT! The room had an awful smell, bed was hard as a brick and walls so thin you heard everything upstairs and from the room next door. I was very dissatisfied with this stay. Wish I had never stopped here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

the carpet was filthy, there were young people hanging around the steps from our room, it made me feel very uncomfortable. a spider the size of a half dollar was in my bed. i would have left the first night but it was getting late and i didn't want to disturb my grand daughter. we didn't use the pool, we only slept there and i hate to say but i won't use them again.

Room Tip: either take out the carpets or clean them. i think its too late to clean them. either replace them...
Reviewed 2 August 2014

1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice staff, but room needs work.
The door chain lock was broken, no tv remote, restroom door knob was coming loose, and also drain on shower / tub didn't work unless held in certain position.
One of the beds didn't have fitted sheet on mattress.

Room Tip: Repairs needed.
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wish I read the reviews before checking in. Wish I left after encountering surly agent. Wish I left after my key did not work in first room. Wish I left after entering the second room; it was nasty. I will add pictures.

Instead, I went back to surly agent and asked for another room. He reissued keys to first room and I stayed. I am an idiot.

I did open the door and use a towel to move the stank air around. I cranked the a/c and drove to Dollar General up the street to buy disinfectant spray and room deodorizers. I sprayed everywhere, set up the deodorizers, and went to the pool.

Pool was OK. Water was cloudy, not seemingly clean. I sat in a lounge chair and it broke. The other chairs had nasty stains.

Some good things. Wifi worked well. Pillows were comfortable. Noise was tolerable. Convenient location to visit Chatty and then go south next morning. Morning agent was pleasant.

Breakfast was crap. Cardboard old dry cereal, instant grit packages, generic bread, and Sara Lee cake packages (probably from nearby surplus store).

This property is an embarrassment to the Days Inn and Wyndham brands. The previous evening I stated at the Travelodge (another Wyndham place) on Shallowford. So much better. I took a risk trying another property and suffered.

Please do not be an idiot. Drive by this place without regret.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The sheets on the bed had black specks and stained comforter, the coffee maker had a layer of dust and the shampoo was opened and half used. The bathroom had hair on the toilet and the shower leaked when in use. The blinds on the window fell off when we tried to close them. We did not feel clean when we slept in the beds and the shower did not make us feel any better. One of the worst motels I have ever stayed in.