“Wilkinson Family Wedding - enjoyed our stay-EXCEPTIONAL staff.!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Excellent Customer Service from ALL of this staff.Kalei at the front desk went above and beyond to help us as did the gracious hostess for breakfast ( I apologize as I did not get her name ), The suite ( we booked two suites and four rooms total) was very clean and comfortable - all appointments were working. From housekeeping, front desk, dining room each staff member was friendly and very neat in appearance. The check in was very smooth as was check out. breakfast was very good and the dining area exceptionally clean. I spoke with the hostess each morning and she was very accomodating ,as we had a large group, and there was plenty of food choices available throughout breakfast.Many thanks from all of us for your hospitality and very nice accomodations. Hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2012

The staff was friendly enough but after staying in several HI Express I was dissapointed in our choice.
When we got to our room and turned on the bathroom light the lights surged and the switch popped. I went to call the front desk and the phone would not dial out. So I had to go downstairs to ask for help. They sent mx out and he flipped the circuit breaker and the lights came on. We had reservations so we headed out the door. Only to get back and have it happen again. Exhausted we decided to tell them in the morning as we laid our heads down on the equivalent of a travel pillow.
Next mourning we went down to the free continental breakfast that was absolutely horrible. So we decided to cut our loses and checkout. We mentioned the electrical issue again and that they should do more than flip a breaker before someone gets hurt. Without much concern I was given my recipt and we went on our way.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Vcay4us
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The room was spacious and clean, and very convenient to the facility hosting our event. Considering our bad stay in Jackson, TN the week before, this hotel was stellar in comparison with good staff and rooms. (different hotel chain) The best part was the bathroom shower head. My husband and I loved it so much, we're going to look for the same model to put in our bathroom at home.

The only drawback is the lack of good restaurants, but that's not the fault of the hotel, rather East Ridge, TN. Lots of fast-food available, but we drove 5 miles to Hamilton Mall to find over 30 chain restaurants and tons of shopping, if one wants to shop.

All in all, we will return to the hotel if the event is held at the same venue next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We recently were first time visitors of this hotel, and I can't brag enough about the staff! Our accommodations, the location, and breakfast were all fantastic, but the icing on the cake was the accommodating gal at the front desk! "Danielle" assisted me several times over the phone even before our arrival...answering questions, giving directions, etc. She worked diligently to assist our volleyball team with specific needs during their stay and was attentive to every detail of our requests. Her attitude and friendliness are second to none. Special thanks, too, to the manager on staff, "Wes", who was quick to be sure all needs were met. Look forward to staying with you in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've always felt as though Holiday Inn Express hotels were a pretty safe bet when traveling but this experienced changed out mind. It smelled dank and musty throughout the entire place. The hotel pool was not air conditioned and a quick check of the thermastat in there proved it to be 95 degrees! I couldn't stand to sit in there while my kids swam so we had to cut that part of our stay short. The comforter, floor and chair in our room was stained and there were visable mold spots on the wall in the bathroom and all over the shower/bathtub. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Sara D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

We hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

My family spent the night on our way from Florida to Chicago. Use AAA discount. We got a double queen bed, mini fridge and microwave. Very clean and affordable. Full disclosure, we did move rooms because we saw a tiny spider(ok, 3) on the sheets. It's summer and I am sure it was isolated. Still recommend this. Very close to all features- Rock City, Ruby Falls, Incline Railroad, Aquarium. Free hot breakfast too!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My opinion of Holiday Inn Express hotels was that they were reliable and dependable accommodations. This hotel proved me wrong. We checked out after one night, although we had planned to stay longer.
What went right: the reservation was not botched, and the staff were friendly and as helpful as they could be under the circumstances.
What went wrong: there was no internet connection, in the room or anywhere, except the "business center." We checked in on a Friday and, after we realized it wasn't working, were told that wireless was down, and, because it was a week-end, nothing could be done about it until Monday. The night clerk offered me an ethernet cable, saying that a cabled connection was avialable in the room and should work -- it didn't work. The morning clerk explained that the wired connections only worked on the 1st floor, not our floor. If this had been a business trip and not a vacation, I would not have stayed even one night; you have to be connected when traveling on business.
The room was rather small and had a fabric "comfy chair" in it that was positioned so that you pretty much had to stumble over it on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I hefted it over to the back corner, wedged between the bed and the wall.
The beds had these pillow tops and were so mushy-soft that you could barely turn over on them. Clerk said that is all they have. If you have trouble sleeping on such a bed, tough.
I have paid much less than their rate to stay in much nicer accommodations. The morning clerk did discount my rate after I registered my concerns.
Relative to the chain's reputation and what they promised, I must give this property a poor rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple