“Held meeting in meeting room”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #25 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The meeting room was smaller than expected but the service, facilities and staff more than made up for it. The staff genuinely cares about the well-being of their customers. I experienced this first-hand when I was in need of a podium and they were able to throw something together real quick even though it was an inconvenience to them. They are easy to work with and very efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Kevinmp1989,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property! I am thrilled to hear the staff was accomodating and able to help you! Thank you for choosing the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard by Marriott and we hope to see you again soon!

With Thanks,

Debbie Reed
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel has a musty odor which created difficulty in breathing. The staff was friendly. The accommodations were adequate. The bed was definitely not a top of the line model. The curtains were very dated and wrinkled. There was a fire pit in the court yard which was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Ms. Singley, Thank for choosing to stay at our Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Chattanooga. The fire pit is a wonderful addition to our courtyard! I am sorry to hear that our beds and curtains were not up to standards. I hope this does not keep you from returning to stay with us. We hope to see you soon! At your service, Debbie Reed Guest Services Manager. 423.755.0871

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights (Friday, Saturday). When we checked in the guy at the front desk asked for my credit card then handed me my keys and said have a good stay. Didn't bother to tell me what floor I was on or tell me anything that was offered there as far as amenities or where anything was located. On their website it says in many places that they offer room service. They do not offer this. There is a restaurant across the street that will deliver to the Hotel but that is it. The pool is very small and not sure if it was heated because it was quite chilly. We got a king size bed with a whirlpool tub which was so small. It was way smaller than my non-jetted tub at home. So don't spend the extra money. Also I think sleeping on the floor would have been more comfortable than sleeping on that mattress. If you are wanting comfort stay somewhere else. They also listed they had a Café with a Starbucks down stairs but the only time I saw it was open was Sat and Sun morning for breakfast and closed the rest of the day and night. Which it lists is open breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On Saturday we got up and left before 10 am and went to the aquarium which is just across the street which is the only upside of staying here I realized. We came back to our room that afternoon about 3 and realized they had not cleaned our room or brought us any towels. We stayed a good hour in the room resting and noticed the cleaning lady was across the hall so we decided to go to the pool and let her have time to clean. Got down to the pool and there was not any towels, however right before we left a man brought 4 towels in. Got back to our room and the cleaning lady was gone and she didn't even go in our room. I started to call front desk but I felt like I shouldn't have to she should be doing her job. We left to go to dinner got back around 6 and someone brought us 3 towels and got our wet ones but didn't change our bed sheets or clean or pickup our trash that was overflowing in the trash cans. I would never stay at this Hotel or another Courtyard Marriott again. For $219 per night I should have got room service and at least my room cleaned and trash removed. I could have stayed at a cheap place for the same service and whole lot less money. What a waste of $ but at least my daughter enjoyed the aquarium and had a good time at Ross's Landing!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Overall, our experience was a good one. Great restaurants in walking distance. Our suite was very spacious and inviting. The bathroom area was large with lots of counter space. The sitting was very comfortable. I only wish the pillows were softer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Ennyllorac,

I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy your stay at the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard. If you end up staying at our property again we will be sure to have soft pillows in the room for you! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is located right in the heart of all things Chattanooga. It is right next to the IMAX theater, the aquarium, and the new downtown movie theaters. It is surrounded by numerous restaurants and shops. Upon arriving at the hotel, the check-in is quick and friendly. The hotel is one of the new upgraded Courtyards with the Bistro and full bar. The rooms are nice and spacious and offer nice views of the city. The price is a little high but worth it for the convenience and location. It has a parking garage adjacent that is easy in and out. Once parked, unless you have to drive somewhere, walking is easy in this town. The riverwalk trail is just a few steps from the hotel and connects to a lot of things to do. There are several of my favorite restaurants like the Blue Plate around the corner. I will always stay here when in Chattanooga.

Room Tip: High rooms give you a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Glen B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property it is greatly appreciated! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy all of the local attractions and restaurants that are within walking distance of our property! The Blue Plate is also one of my favorite restaurants, the fried chicken is delectable! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip. Professional and friendly staff. Lobby area is fresh and modern. Room I had was very clean but, lacked that same modern appeal as the lobby. The Starbucks adjacent to the lobby was great but closed too early. Did not try the other amenities. Parking garage was around the corner, not far. Hotel is in a great location. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Kim A,

It is great to hear you will be returning to our property to stay again! It is always a pleasure to have guests return to our property! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The desk clerks were awesomely energetic on the night shift and day shift Tanesha was very helpful and pleasant.
The rooms were very disappointing, outdated and the bed was worn out. The blanket on the bed was so thin, very disappointed in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013

Dear TNTKREBSBACH,

First I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay at our property! We strive to make all of guests stays as enjoyable as possible! The rooms in our hotel are due for a renovation within the next 6 months so I hope you will return and give us another chance to truly WOW you! Please feel free to contact me personally and I will be sure everything with your stay is perfect!