“Not up to Marriott standards”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

While the location is great, I feel like the rooms could use some upgrading. Upon walking in the room, I did not feel like the room was entirely clean. When I tried to open the shower door, it was stuck and I had to manhandle it to get it open. When I looked down at the door, it looked like there was mold on the bottom of the door. There was a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the bathroom. I would not step foot in that tub. The nozzles looked a little dirty. I can just imagine what the water inside looked like. My major complaint was that the air conditioner did not cool the room sufficiently. I was awoken in the middle of the night because I was too hot. My last complaint was that there was no safe in the room. It did, however, have a small refrigerator and the small bar in the lobby was nice as was the Starbucks.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lov1ngtennis
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am sorry you did not feel like our Courtyard was up to standards. We are due for a renovation next year, and hope you will return to see the finished rooms!

At your service,

Debbie Reed: Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while passing through TN on a car trip over Spring Break. I wasn't there long, only to sleep and have breakfast, but I would definitely stay there again if in Chattanooga. The staff was wonderful and the location good, right next to the river. Hotel is new as of this writing, and nicely done. Room was spacious and the bathroom was a good size too. Nice high-end bath products. I had a great night's sleep and a very good free hot breakfast in the morning.

I only took off one star because of the smell. The river smells and the hotel used some sort of musky smelling air freshener to attempt to cover up that smell. I prefer my hotels to be unscented, but due to the location (at least when I visited) it probably isn't an option for this hotel.

1  Thank designerd0212
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for a quick overnight getaway for spring break. Parking was really confusing so we ended up parking across the street in a garage (paid for it), then found out its a better deal to park in their garage so we moved our car...and it's a long walk when you are dragging a baby and another kid. But their garage you pay one price and have unlimited in and out privileges.

The lobby has been nicely updated, staff was super friendly. Rooms were outdated somewhat but they were clean and comfortable. Ours was great as we could see the aquarium and the TN river. You literally walk around the corner to the Aquarium. We also walked to dinner and lunch which was nice. There were tons of dining options nearby.

The pool was out of service when we were there but they worked a deal where we could swim at the Residence Inn across the street.

The Starbucks in the lobby is really over priced for breakfast so I recommend skipping it. Also, the vending machine for drinks in the parking structure is cheaper. Even their "pantry" drinks are more than the hotel vending machines.

We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a great river view!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a family weekend away. The hotel was comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly The location is right downtown. Perfect walking area, next to the ballpark and aquarium. We will stay there again on our next trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Location: Great! Walking distance from the IMAX, Aquarium, Discovery Museum and restaurants.

Check In: Quick. Easy. Had no problems.

Room: Basic, nothing fancy but clean. The comforters are super thin, but nothing to complain about. I asked for an extra quilt for both of our beds...they were delivered within 5 minutes...easy peasy. Bathrooms are small, but clean. That's all that mattered to us.

Parking Fees: There is a daily parking fee that is added to your bill. I am used to having free parking, but it was understandable since it is a downtown hotel.

Noise: I read reviews that the hotel has lots of school/cheer/sports groups stay here. I called the hotel prior to booking and asked if there was a group booked the same time we were looking to book. There was a volleyball group staying the same time we were. I made a request on my reservation to have a quiet location away from school groups, and as far as I know that request was made. There was no noise in the halls during the night. The only noise that "bothered" us was the road noise, but expected for a downtown hotel. It is also located near a baseball field, which was loud one night. Fireworks. But again, nothing big. After about 5-6 minutes, the fireworks were over.

Pool: Although we did not swim in the pool, I liked having the option in case the weather was bad one day.

We had a great experience and would stay here again.

2  Thank mcain205
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My son's wedding was in Flintstone, GA Easter weekend. All of our out of town guests were thrilled with the location, service and friendly staff at the marriott courtyard Downtown Chattanooga! They helped create a fun & relaxed atmosphere where everyone had a great time. I had many special requests and they were all met with smiles. Thanks fir and excellent wedding weekend!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brahan50
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Room small, no continental breakfast,they don't validate parking,no HBO or Showtime,rust around tub drain,remember the room was over 200.00 per night. I would not recommend it nor will I return. For 89.00 you could stay at SleepInn and get everything that the Courtyard doesn't offer.

• Stayed: April 2014